Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

The thing with the Quick Service plan is that you will likely lose money on it. If you are doing it as a convenience, then go with the plan. If you are trying to factor which way costs less, SKIP the plan. For the 3 of us the quick service would have cost $1247. We spent I think $625. We make coffee in the room every day, so having 2 additional drinks at breakfast would have been silly. And we NEVER order dessert with lunch. I think in 15 days we bought ONE snack that was $4 (a container of those ice cream Dibs), all the others were less. And the 3 of us shared the Dibs as we walked from the snack cart over to Big Thunder.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #32
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
I am not American
Oh yea, didn't think about that. Guess that doesn't help you much then.
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #33
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

Quote:
we are OK with the QS one, the regular one can get tough for us... but we are celebrating hubby's bday so I may get regular for a portion of the trip.. who knows.
Have you checked out the Tables in Wonderland card? It can be a good alternative. It gives you 20% off all food and drink (including alcohol) at participating restaurants (and most of the full service places participate).

We've had it for years (although to be fair, we didn't renew this year) and it's always paid for itself quickly.

Disney Dining is not what it used to be (for local folk) so we no longer felt the need to have the card, but it very well may be something that you find useful.

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #34
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC~OKW~96 View Post
Have you checked out the Tables in Wonderland card? It can be a good alternative. It gives you 20% off all food and drink (including alcohol) at participating restaurants (and most of the full service places participate).

We've had it for years (although to be fair, we didn't renew this year) and it's always paid for itself quickly.

Disney Dining is not what it used to be (for local folk) so we no longer felt the need to have the card, but it very well may be something that you find useful.
But you need to have Annual Passes for that don't you? We don't have those as we don't necessarily go twice within a year and our stays are usually 8-10 days... I've looked at APs but it just didn't seem worth it for us considering our traveling patterns
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 - POR, SSR, AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland & Club 33 Anniversary Celebration /13 May DL Club 33/Wonder & Sept BLT/BWV /14 June AKV Jambo & VWL & Dec DL Friend's Wedding Celebration

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #35
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
But you need to have Annual Passes for that don't you? We don't have those as we don't necessarily go twice within a year and our stays are usually 8-10 days... I've looked at APs but it just didn't seem worth it for us considering our traveling patterns
Yes, you have to have APs or be a FL resident.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 07-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
If you have an overlap between the vacations each year, you can work in the AP and save a lot of $$ on tickets.

For example, since you are going in August this year, as long as you come again before the end of July next year the AP would be worth it.

ETA: There are often a lot of room discounts with the AP too, if you're not using DVC points for a trip
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #37
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

I thought you could get the Disney Dining Experience (I refuse to call it "Tables in Wonderland", what a lame name) if you were a DVC member, too.

Might be worth calling and checking!
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #38
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Rob, it took me FOREVER to be able to say "Tables in Wonderland" with a straight face. It's an asinine name.

As far as DVC being able to purchase one, I am not sure.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #39
rpmdfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
Rob, it took me FOREVER to be able to say "Tables in Wonderland" with a straight face. It's an asinine name.

As far as DVC being able to purchase one, I am not sure.
Well, I don't do ANYTHING with a straight face.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #40
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
I thought you could get the Disney Dining Experience (I refuse to call it "Tables in Wonderland", what a lame name) if you were a DVC member, too.

Might be worth calling and checking!
Nope. It's one of the things that DVC members frequently discuss wanting as a perk and I really think that it should be one, but, it's not. (I mean, isn't it a win-win perk? We have villas with kitchens and thus can choose to cook our own food pretty easily. Give us some discounts and many of us won't notice that we're actually spending more overall because we'll be too busy noticing the "savings".)
Old 07-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #41
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
If you have an overlap between the vacations each year, you can work in the AP and save a lot of $$ on tickets.

For example, since you are going in August this year, as long as you come again before the end of July next year the AP would be worth it.

ETA: There are often a lot of room discounts with the AP too, if you're not using DVC points for a trip
Yeah, I agree if we DO go back more than once in a calendar year I'd do it however that won't always be the case for us especially with Hawaii opening up soon we'll definitely utilize that as we can get quite cheap flights there vs WDW...
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 - POR, SSR, AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland & Club 33 Anniversary Celebration /13 May DL Club 33/Wonder & Sept BLT/BWV /14 June AKV Jambo & VWL & Dec DL Friend's Wedding Celebration

Old 07-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #42
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
Well, I don't do ANYTHING with a straight face.

I knew that terminology would be problematic.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #43
TagsMissy

Oye I am having a planning dilemma!

We have determined we do want to do a split stay if we go as planned for 9 nights... I cannot work out if I want to do BLT first or last... our goal is June 2-10th; it's possible that we'll arrive on the 1st but for certain we do want to leave on the Saturday as it's a pretty long trek back home and it's nice to have an unwind day before going back to work... we will be mixing it up by hopefully doing some meets during GD but I do want to take some time to do some Star Wars related stuff.

We'll certainly hit at least 1 water park and since my goal in this trip is to celebrate my hubby's 40th I have to be prepared to possibly have a *gasp* non-Disney day at the Cape if he so chooses... lol My goal is to go to Discovery Cove for a dolphin swim for my 40th so I better be nice and do what he wants

OK I am tired just thinking about all of this and it's a year away...

back to my original thought. BLT first or last? Does anything happen at the BLT lounge surrounding gay days that I should be aware of?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #44
rpmdfw

Quote:
back to my original thought. BLT first or last? Does anything happen at the BLT lounge surrounding gay days that I should be aware of?
Not really. Since only those people staying at BLT using DVC points are allowed in (along with guests); there's nothing terribly official there.

We did have a couple DISers at the BLT and a couple of us had drinks there. But since everyone couldn't join in, the meets were planned elsewhere.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #45
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
We did have a couple DISers at the BLT and a couple of us had drinks there. But since everyone couldn't join in, the meets were planned elsewhere.
According to everything I hear, you can bring in your guests (not to the pool), but, you have to go out to meet them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: