Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #16
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmelchor88 View Post
U can count us in! Can not wait for all the meets! We had blast this year!
Yay!!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #17
turkygurl
Mouseketeer

You know we'll be there! I wouldn't miss it for anything.
turkygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmelchor88 View Post
U can count us in! Can not wait for all the meets! We had blast this year!
I don't know how many meets we'll go to on our end but we'll definitely make it to a Dole Whip meet!!! I tried to make a home made Dole Whip... it still just didn't taste the same... so my hubby told me, "I guess we'll just have to go back and get one from Disney World." ahhhhh those are words a wife just wants to hear
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 - POR, SSR, AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland & Club 33 Anniversary Celebration /13 May DL Club 33/Wonder & Sept BLT/BWV /14 June AKV Jambo & VWL & Dec DL Friend's Wedding Celebration

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

My sister's trying to throw a monkey wrench in my plans! She was talking about going with me next year. I'm talking to today when I got home from work and she asks me if I think she should get an underwater camera? I asked her for what?? She said her trip to the Cayman Islands. I asked when we're going, since I've always wanted to go to the Cayman Islands. She tells me June! That's when her friends always go. I think it will be the week after Gay Days. I'd love to go on both but not sure I can swing the vacation time. I'll have to see. It'd be a tough decision if I have to choose.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #20
DopeyDave
Earned one Ear, working on my second!

We have it on our radar for next year!! Trying to find a "tolerable" group of friends to bring along. Just have to wait until our 7-month window to make DVC rezzies.

First Disney Adventure: WaltDisneyWorld Preview Center - 1969 (I've been hooked ever since!)
Next Disney Adventure: Food & Wine Festival (Sep '14-BLT)
Previous Disney Adventures: Hilton Head Island Resort (May '12), DVC Member Cruise/Food & Wine (Sep/Oct '11), Viva Italia ABD (Sep '09) to name a few!

DopeyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
TagsMissy

Saw this so I thought I'd post it here.. hope the link works!

http://networkedblogs.com/68Dpu Gay Days added the crowd calendar for 2011. The dates are estimated for now...

We've never been around Gay Days being that well we are a straight couple so we never thought of going around that time plus we generally travel to Orlando around Labour Day for the extra free day off ... I thought it started on the Saturday? The 2nd is a Thursday (which they list as a Gay Day)... what's your experience?
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 - POR, SSR, AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland & Club 33 Anniversary Celebration /13 May DL Club 33/Wonder & Sept BLT/BWV /14 June AKV Jambo & VWL & Dec DL Friend's Wedding Celebration

Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #22
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post

http://networkedblogs.com/68Dpu Gay Days added the crowd calendar for 2011. The dates are estimated for now...

We've never been around Gay Days being that well we are a straight couple so we never thought of going around that time plus we generally travel to Orlando around Labour Day for the extra free day off ... I thought it started on the Saturday? The 2nd is a Thursday (which they list as a Gay Day)... what's your experience?
Gay Days always starts on Thursday. Gay Day at Magic Kingdom is Saturday.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #23
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you want to take advantage of an extra free day off, there's Memorial Day. I love when Gay Days is the weekend following Memorial Day because it saves me a vacation day. I usually go down Memorial Day weekend and stay until the following Monday. There are kick offs and other events the entire week. But as for the parks, it starts Thursday with Animal Kingdom.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #24
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna View Post
If you want to take advantage of an extra free day off, there's Memorial Day. I love when Gay Days is the weekend following Memorial Day because it saves me a vacation day. I usually go down Memorial Day weekend and stay until the following Monday. There are kick offs and other events the entire week. But as for the parks, it starts Thursday with Animal Kingdom.
I am not American

Old 07-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #25
TagsMissy

OK I've formed a list of who is all going ...

I now need to decide -- dining plan or not... QS or Regular... what to do... what to do....

Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #26
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

I will tell you there is no way we could eat enough Quick Service for the plan to be worth it!!

For adults you HAVE TO eat a minimum of $12 worth of food at EVERY meal and use EVERY snack credit at $4 to break even. If you don't want/need 2 drinks at breakfast and dessert at every lunch/dinner (some of those Quick Service desserts are vile) then you are better off without the plan. Trust me. I knocked my brains out over this issue.

We use the TiW card for table service but I seriously considered the Quick Service plan. In the end it would have cost DOUBLE what we ended up actually spending on Quick Service meals and snacks.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
I will tell you there is no way we could eat enough Quick Service for the plan to be worth it!!

For adults you HAVE TO eat a minimum of $12 worth of food at EVERY meal and use EVERY snack credit at $4 to break even. If you don't want/need 2 drinks at breakfast and dessert at every lunch/dinner (some of those Quick Service desserts are vile) then you are better off without the plan. Trust me. I knocked my brains out over this issue.

We use the TiW card for table service but I seriously considered the Quick Service plan. In the end it would have cost DOUBLE what we ended up actually spending on Quick Service meals and snacks.
The problem for us is that the regular meal plan is too much food for us. the portions vs what we are used to at home + added heat we just don't eat that much and struggle to use the credits. I suppose I could stack reservations with more 2credit dinners or something Who knows... maybe a split stay and have regular dining on one portion of the split stay... hahaha I have quite a few months to mull this over!

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #28
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I'm already jealous of everyone who gets to go next year. Who knows, maybe someday I'll change jobs.

Quote:
The problem for us is that the regular meal plan is too much food for us. the portions vs what we are used to at home + added heat we just don't eat that much and struggle to use the credits.
Then, why not just pay OOP? If you're struggling to use the credits then you likely aren't saving any money with the DDP.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #29
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hematite153 View Post
Then, why not just pay OOP? If you're struggling to use the credits then you likely aren't saving any money with the DDP.
I agree with this. You really have to eat a LOT of food to make any of the dining plans worth it.
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #30
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hematite153 View Post
I'm already jealous of everyone who gets to go next year. Who knows, maybe someday I'll change jobs.

we are OK with the QS one, the regular one can get tough for us... but we are celebrating hubby's bday so I may get regular for a portion of the trip.. who knows.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: