Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Today was our last day. We went back to the Magic Kingdom today and ate lunch at Columbia Harbor House. This restaurant was definitely a must do. I wish we would have eaten here on our first MK day. We would have probably eaten here twice. I apologize in advance for the horrible pictures. DH dropped the camera and ruined the flash.

I got the shrimp platter and they were very good. The shrimp were a nice size and cooked perfectly. We were the second family in line after the restaurant opened and everything was very fresh. One thing that I forgot to mention in my other reviews is that when you order; make sure that you order a large drink, if that’s what you want. The CS restaurants will usually give you the medium by default.

DH had the fried fish. We both liked the fish here a lot more than the fish at the Yorkshire Fish Shop. The portion was a little small for DH so he also got the shrimp platter and used 2 CS credits. Since one of our dinners was a large pizza from Pop which only cost 2 CS credits, we had a few left over. I’m not sure how this works if you order all at once, but after DH realized that the fish platter was a little small he got back in line and ordered the second meal.

DD had the Anchors Away sandwich. She enjoyed it. Since I’m not a big sandwich person, it was just ok to me. It tastes like something I could make at home.

DS had chicken of course so I just stopped taking pictures of his meals.

Tonight we had Pizza at pop again. This was our last night so we spent most of our time packing up and taking one last swim in the pool.

Final thoughts about the QSDP:

What did I think about the QSDP?

I loved it! Yes, there were a few things that I didn’t care for but there are so many options to choose from I could have found something else. The one thing that I absolutely loved about the QSDP was the snack credits and the refillable mugs. Unlike the regular dinning plan that only offers 1 snack credit per day, 2 snack credits allowed us to have a snack in the parks as well as a snack back at the hotel. We are thinking about going back next December with the kids and we would absolutely do this again. We would do the same thing and pay OOP for Ohana. Disney has many good TS restaurants but we enjoyed the freedom of the QS plan. I don’t necessarily go to Disney to eat so the TS plan just takes too much of our time. I hope that this review was helpful.

Coming up: A quick Drinking Around the World review with pictures!!
Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream AKL 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf! Food and Wine ASMo Bday trip 9/14

Last edited by NoodlesMom; 07-20-2010 at 12:49 PM.
NoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #17
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Hey

I just wanted to say that I'm also a math teacher! We stayed at POP last year and also did the QSDP! And the only TS we paid OOP for was Ohana!!

I also won't pay full price for anything!

You have wonderful taste!!!!!!

Kerri
Math teachers think alike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
I am ready and waiting ........ good reviews
Thanks! I hope this helps someone.
Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream AKL 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf! Food and Wine ASMo Bday trip 9/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #18
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Drinking Around the World!

DH and I thought this was so much fun. Although DH is a beer drinker, I am not. We decided to stick with the fruity drinks tonight.

I will rate the drinks with thumbs up. 5 thumbs being the best.

Welsh Dragon (UK) 1/2

Grey Goose Slush

Grand Marnier Slush

Sultons Calada Habibi Daiquiri
(I thought the Habibi Daiquiri taste like flowers.)

Blood Orange Margarita

Thanks for reading and have a great Disney vacation!!!!!

Last edited by NoodlesMom; 07-20-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #19
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Thanks for doing this again. I can't wait to try the QSDP for the first time in a couple of months. I just can't wait to not have to be at a ADR.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #20
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Great Review

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #21
beinspired
Earning My Ears

Love your pics! We're doing the QSDP so I enjoyed reading your reviews! Thanks!
beinspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #22
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Great Reviews - thanks for posting.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #23
JerseyJanice
RIP, Max!

Great reviews! Thank you for posting them.

That blood orange margarita looks awesome!
6/02 Wilderness Lodge
2/08 PO Riverside/Dolphin
8/08, 8/09, 8/10 Pop Century
10/10 All-Stars Music (FWF)
9/11 Coronado Springs Resort (FWF)
6/12 Wilderness Lodge (With Deluxe Dining!)
JerseyJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #24
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=NoodlesMom;37392019]Day 4

The night that we went to the wrong WPE location, I went back to the room and asked my fellow DIS’ers if the menu had change. They pointed me in the right direction which was the Marketplace location. Our bill came out to $89. Craziness! It was very good but that was the most expensive QS meal by far. Thank goodness for the dinning plan.

We are going to WDW in a few weeks. Typically, we go with my sister, who is full of wonderful WDW knowledge and we just follow her wherever she goes, ensuring us of wonderful dining experiences. However, this trip, she is unable to go, so we are on our own.

I didn't realize there was a "good" and a "bad" WPE. I am looking forward to eating there for one or two of our counter service (we are on the upgraded dining plan (not deluxe but one TS, one QS). When you say Marketplace, where exactly is this? We were going to Downtown Disney. Is this the good one?

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #25
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

More please?

Thank you so very much for writing a QSDP review. There are far too few of them. The pictures were great as well.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #26
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

Thanks for the encouraging and uplifting review (and the warning about the Chicken Wrap .. SO was actually looking at that on the menus, but she is a really picky eater and that would have been a scene ..)

She was skeptical about the QSDP thinking it was only going to be Burgers and Chicken Nuggets, so this really helps!!
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Used to be good

The West side Pucks used to be the GOOD one as it served Macadamia Chicken and mashed taters that were out of thise world and more than made up for the poor service we often got but alas, no more. sigh

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #28
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Great reviews OP, thanks for posting. We love Columbia Harbour Huse at MK too - it is probably our favourite CS.

DesertGal, there are two Wolfgang Puck Express outlets at Downtown Disney, one at Marketplace and one Westside. The Marketplace one is the one near all the main shops/store and also where Earl of Sandwich and rainforest cafe is. The Westside one is the one down near the AMC cinema complex.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #29
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great reviews OP, thanks for posting. We love Columbia Harbour Huse at MK too - it is probably our favourite CS.

DesertGal, there are two Wolfgang Puck Express outlets at Downtown Disney, one at Marketplace and one Westside. The Marketplace one is the one near all the main shops/store and also where Earl of Sandwich and rainforest cafe is. The Westside one is the one down near the AMC cinema complex.
Thanks for the information. My sister didn't even realize there were two. I've marked our plans accordingly. I have a feeling this is where we will be eating a majority of our QS meals because it looks delicious and offers a lot of healthy choices. My biggest worry about this trip is that I'm going to gain a ton of weight because I am not a fast food eater in "real life". We are doing the Disney Cruise right before this as well. I'm going to try and have an open mind!

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #30
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=DesertGal;37535071]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post
Day 4

I didn't realize there was a "good" and a "bad" WPE. I am looking forward to eating there for one or two of our counter service (we are on the upgraded dining plan (not deluxe but one TS, one QS). When you say Marketplace, where exactly is this? We were going to Downtown Disney. Is this the good one?
They're both good. DH said the Westside location had the best pizza he's ever had. The marketplace location just had a much bigger selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJanice View Post
Great reviews! Thank you for posting them.

That blood orange margarita looks awesome!
It was awsome and very strong. You really get what you pay for and it was worth every dime. I look foward to getting another one when we go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post
Thanks for the encouraging and uplifting review (and the warning about the Chicken Wrap .. SO was actually looking at that on the menus, but she is a really picky eater and that would have been a scene ..)

She was skeptical about the QSDP thinking it was only going to be Burgers and Chicken Nuggets, so this really helps!!
There is something for everyone. We still ate a lot of junk food but we didn't have to. I just asked DD again about the wrap and she said that it didn't taste like anything but lettuce and tortilla .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal View Post
Thanks for the information. My sister didn't even realize there were two. I've marked our plans accordingly. I have a feeling this is where we will be eating a majority of our QS meals because it looks delicious and offers a lot of healthy choices. My biggest worry about this trip is that I'm going to gain a ton of weight because I am not a fast food eater in "real life". We are doing the Disney Cruise right before this as well. I'm going to try and have an open mind!
I hope you have a blast on the cruise. We went on the Magic last year and no matter how hard I tried not to, I gained 6 lbs. Make sure you guys make reservations for Palo. The food is awsome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: