Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #16
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Loving your PTR! Where did you get the magnet designs?

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #17
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

@ thethomslovedisney

I get them from the Creative Disign thread here. The Disigners are awesome and alot of them will personalize disigns for you, and some will come up with a disign for you if there's something you are looking for.
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #18
MommaMouse411

My name is MommaMouse and I'm a shop-a-holic

so I said no more buying till september right?! pluuhease.

here's the pics to items I received from ebay:

and I got this from Avon..
I spend all my money made from Avon on Disney stuff...lol

I got these from walmart...bib is for the lil one so he doesn't dirty his clothes..but I'm thinking I'm going to buy another one for my older one as well.

I also bought this for our dirty clothes..
I actually was going to buy it when it was $8 then I said, ah if its here when I come back next week, I will, and what do you know, it was $6.
so i was doing okay until I went to the mall on sunday. I bought one item and its a christmas present for my lil one..I bought him Red the firetruck. i didn't want to keep waiting for it to go on sale with my luck it will be gone. so I forked over the $12.50 plus tax.

Then I went online and saw these TINKERBELL JEANS..now I had to bid on them...and don't none of you go and outbid me ... so far I'm the only bidder but you know just when you thought you won somebody comes in at the last minute and outbids you.

and I went ahead and bid on the blue mickey head bathing suit even though I have ithe same one in red but oh well..if I win that then I have enough swimwear for all of us..

I might be generous and buy the daddy some mickey swim trunks they are onsale on disneystore.,com...we'll see.

but here's my coolest find..just got it like 10minutes ago. I'm just working at the mall, and I said lets see if Forever 21 has any red and white polka dot dresses (one of my ideas for an outfit for dinner on the cruise). So first thing I see is a Minnie tee. Then I look around look around and I found this for $14.50 plus tax

really forever 21, now you are selling disney tees...omg...I really need to quit...well I really don't need any more shirts...so yes I need to stop buying tshirts.

what i really need are dresses...ugh but I wish I can be the size I want to be so I can try things on but maybe its better this way since the "holiday" clothes come out in October.

but I haven't really been doing anything to lose weight..who has the time..I would have to literally wake up at 5am, and work out!!! madness I tell you...and I can't diet because I am nursing my little one. I have to do something though because I definately don't want to be covered up during the cruise...errrr...I will set some goals this week...maybe I would try to walk for 30 minutes straight , 3 x this week???(and its like 105 degrees here ) anyways, enough talk, I gotta do it...self motivate!

I also took my boys to DInosaur World this past weekend. Miguelito is really into dinosaurs. Have any of you seen Disney's Dinosaur movie? can I say awesome and we watch it like 3 times a day ..and I'm not even exaggerating. When MIguel meets people he actually growls at them like a TREX and he does his arms like a trex...thats my boy..lol..

I'll post some pics of the Dinosaurs tomorrow when I'm at another computer. But my son loved it..I ended up buying the annual pass...since it was really cheap. The only thing I did not like was the cool stuff for kids to do like the Playground, Fossil Digs, etc are not covered and we were burning up. We couldn't even hold onto the rails

I also started a packing list....as I was walking around walmart doing groceries...oh wait thats right, I bought myself some shorts and a tshirt and my son's some more christmas presents...I knew I had bought more things... ok back to the walking around...I noticed things I wanted to buy for the cruise but was ridiculous to buy now ie ANtibacterial Wipes, etc etc..so I started a packing list so when I get ready to get things into a suitcase, I won't forget the little things; which will more than likely be like 2 weeks before...yes that's right 2 weeks before the actual trip...(I packed my hospital bag for both pregnancies at 5months)...I saw some nemo and Cars diaper wipes that I wanted to also get, some fruit snacks for my Miguel since he loves the disney fruit snacks.

I would like to address the shopping problem...you know everyone says to me how do you do it...I don't know...but I don't spend alot of money on items...

back in the day (before my kids), I spent all my extra money on me...aka expensive shoes, clothes, partying, I had a motorcycle and we use to take trips around florida. I even had a Fauxhawk and wore chaps.....yes I was that chick...now I'm like Minnie Friggin Mouse...I buy my clothes at walmart and am not ashamed of it. I buy 1 pair of sneakers and get 1/2 off the other and spend $50 on 2 pairs of sneaks instead of $100 on one...I'm actually wearing my mickey crocs at the upscale mall today...with my cinderella and snow white shoe charms...I have bought a few items that were a little pricier than walmart and that was at target...lol I've become Uber Mom? how does that happen. I know a lot of my friends who are still the same way even after having kids...and I know they say don't lose yourself in your kids etc etc...but I have soo much fun with them..even the baby, he is so silly already!!!..I'm happy when they are with me...I don't even wear heels anymore, I feel stupid bopping around with high heels and pushing a double stroller. First of all, I don't want to attract anybody, and and secondly, I don't want to break my ankle if I have to chase Miguelito!
I guess all in all, I had my fun.

and now this is a new chapter in my life and I'm having even more fun. Like I said I was a closet disney freak..now I have no shame...

well I'll talk to you all another time.

Last edited by MommaMouse411; 08-06-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
MommaMouse411

the Highest bidder

I won the blue bathing suit and tinkerbell jeans!!! now the question is how will these jeans look on me.....

I promised some pics of our trip to Dino world...oh any by the way, my kids are sick and I believe it was from being at Dino World!! anyways, its been a crazy week...so its nice to sit here and think about my cruise...

I'm searching online for some different magnet applications..and I found a website that has stuff..and they have the peel and stick magnet paper...so everything I wanted is $25..so I'm going to purchase those in a couple of weeks. I'm not kidding when I say I have about 100 magnets I'm going to make..but the sizes will be different and I plan to change them out when I'm in the room...

I found some porthole ear disigns..so one day will be the Mickey Ears with the Captains Hat over the porthole, then Mickey Ears with Santa, then Goofy, Then Donald Duck, I will change one of them half way during the day for the Pirate Ears...I wonder if they will let me leave the ears for the next cruisers? I doubt it, they'll probably throw them out.

Ok so here's some pics of Dino World:

It was ridiculously hot

You have to bring your own food in here..there's picnic tables but it was scorching hot to sit under them....luckily we ate before we got there...

at home playing with his new dinosaurs

Last edited by MommaMouse411; 08-06-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #20
MommaMouse411

so its been a minute since I have posted anything on my pretrip report...but I am ebayed out...I still have a few things on my watch list that I don't want to forget to get when we get closer..like a Mickey Mouse passport cover..but right now the important stuff I'm doing is collecting magnet sheets. I found some peel & stick at walmart so i don't have to order them online. I also found peel & stick magnet strips, magnet circles, and magnet tape.

I've also been thinking about how much money we are going to need to have for the trip. I know there's mix feelings about Nassau excursions..but I think we will go with the Water Park and the Atlantis Beach. I mean, I'm sure I'm never going to go to Atlantis so I think I would like to experience its touristy appeal. And that's about $180 for just myself. The kids father will just have to pay for himself.

The only other thing I would want to buy are virgin drinks of the day, and souvenirs...now I don't know how much souvenirs are on the boat..but all I want are 3 magnets, one from Nassau, one from Castaway, and one from the boat. (i collect magnets for my fridge-i would have alot but my 2year discovered he could reach them and has broken about 20 of them). and of course I want 3 tshirts for my kids and I. and I want a mug (I also collect mugs- and I have a cabinet filled with all my mugs that no one but I could use) and I do want to buy a couple of pins. I have not gotten heavy into the Pin thing yet...mostly because I've lost a few from picking up my kids and getting them caught on things..so I figured when I get to do solo trips I'll get into that...I know I'm goofy.

So I got my tinkerbell jeans I bought off ebay..and they are cute..but I tried them on and they fit me now. That's "NO BUENO"...I'm down to 153lbs but I still have a gut from the pregnancy, so that means when I lose the weight, the jeans will be big on me...I'm hoping, I can have someone take them in...so I've stopped ordereding things that I think will fit me...(I'm normally a size 8).

I am still waiting to hear from my kids father about Halloween weekend. My plan is to go to MK on Friday the 29th, then to MNSSHP. Then to Seaworld on Saturday and animal kingdom on sunday and go home after AK. I really liked Seaworld for the Halloween. They did a good job. However, this all depends if we can get into the parks free on friday and sunday, if thats the case then I'm going to try and stay at AKL if its not booked. we'll see. If not then we'll just stay off property scared1:. I already made Crystal Palace reservations for the 29th.

I'm also hoping to do (I might've mentioned this alread) MK/MVMCP on the 17th, DHS on Saturday, Seaworld Sunday, AK monday

I already have my chef mickey's adr too!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
MommaMouse411

I think I'm going to throw up...I just lost all my magnet and tshirt DISIGNS...I CUT the dam disigns from my folder and pasted them into my thumb drive...and I don't know what happened..when I opened my thumb drive there were other pictures on there..how did they appear I do not know!!!I am so sick.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #22
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
I think I'm going to throw up...I just lost all my magnet and tshirt DISIGNS...I CUT the dam disigns from my folder and pasted them into my thumb drive...and I don't know what happened..when I opened my thumb drive there were other pictures on there..how did they appear I do not know!!!I am so sick.
Don't worry, they are still in Milliepies collection, I saw them after you directed me to the DISigners page. Go to her 4shared site and there is a section for completed MH (mickey heads).

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #23
MommaMouse411

I have spent most of my work day, trying to do two things at the same time...looking for all my disign requests..I think I found 90% of them...so I'm just going to stop looking and made some additional requests..hopefully I don't lose them again...some of them are in my photobucket..but I got lazy and started saving them on my laptop...anyways long story...I found the ones that are cruise related at least.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #24
MommaMouse411

so on top of losing my disigns and having to search each post I made to find some of them...the kids father might not be able to go on the cruise...and when will we know this (LATE OCTOBER!!!)...SO NOW I have to figure out what am I going to do...I'm hoping they have a cancellation policy that doesn't include losing half my money...so that's what I have to do figure out now...if he cannot go, do I go by myself with the two kids and just stay on the ship when we get to Nassau and only get off at Castaway Cay...which I kind of like the idea of that. I don't want to cancel the trip. I could cancel the trip through Dreams Unlimited..and then hope that my son's fathers friend can hook us up with the cruise but we have to wait 30 days before cruise time and what if the boat is SOLD OUT!! what if all they have is the EXPENSIVE ROOMS and I'm back at square one!!

You know that's why I hate planning trips with other people...I was originally going to do this cruise by myself and then invited to father so he can enjoy the time with his sons too. He wants to go, but somethings came up and we won't know like I said till October..

The only thing I think would be hard if I did by myself is, I would have to have the double stroller on board...yuck I hate that thing..its so cumbersome. and I would have to put a harness on my 2year old...which I already saw one in Walmart for $20 that I might buy anyways, just in case. I've gone to places with both of them alone...its not that hard..only hard thing is the stroller. Luggage, I'm assuming I can pay a bell hop to help me off the boat...and my two year old would love the shows...its the baby I'm not sure of..(but I will know how he acts when we go to DIsney on Ice next month)....I will be taking both of them by myself...

Its a hard thing to be a "single" mom...but I can't stop from having a good time with my kids because it might be a littler harder on my physically...I imagine we will be in the kiddie area pool most of the time. and waiting in line for characters and my 2year old likes to explore so we will be doing all of that...it would be great if he was potty trained by then, maybe the little toddlers club will let him hang out with them..

anyways...I've been saving up for the cruise, and money is not the issue, its whether I do it alone or not do it at all. My plans for next year includes Disneyland so I can't plan two trips in one year. and of course there's the why don't you wait till they are older....I don't want to wait..I want to go on a disney cruise myself...now...lol...anyways...I'm sure everythingn will work out.

Sometimes when I get too excited about something, there's always hurdles on the way there...
Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #25
mirla122
Earning My Ears

oh my goodness! everything looks great. mow i'm stressing, lol. we're going in 3 months and I don't know where to begin.
mirla122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #26
MommaMouse411

so after work yesterday...I stopped at Big Lots to see what Disney stuff they have there...and bibbity bobbity boo, there was enough stuff for me to spend $50. Okay, I was feeling very sad because of all the things surrounding my cruise happening...and yesterday, I decided, you know, we are going to go with or without my kids father. My son loves Mickey and all the characters, and he loves looking at the shows, and he loves playing in the pool/beaches..so I think I'm going foward one way or another...

so here's a couple things I found at Big Lots:

For the girls in our FE group

this I bought for myself for the pens, but I think I will go back and get one for each cabin in my FE group, they are only $1.00 each. and it comes with a notebook, might be good for autographs..

and the wipe box I bought from walmart, and they have a Nemo one I'm going to get next time when I do groceries its only $2.50..I have small wipey case (Pooh) for our bag when we go to castaway cay..also the lightning mcqueen flashlight is also a lantern..I bought it because I thought it was cute...only $4.00

this is my son in his Buzz Towel I found at walmart in clearance for $3..you should see the woody one its even cuter but he doesn't stay still long enough for me to take a pic.

and here's my baby, he's big boy!

this is a wrap I got from ebay...its a little hard, but its still cute..I might wash it and put extra bounce in dryer..

this is the bathing suit I've been telling ya'll about: I have it in Red too..It actually looks really good on..(I bought the Red one, a year in a half ago, when I planned the May 2010 cruise, and I tried it on then, I'm not trying any of the bathing suits on now or I might stretch them out!)

also found these at Babies R us for $0.50 each..I bought one for each cabine in my FE group.

So that's it for now...i bought a winnie the pooh bathing suit on ebay for $4.00!! and I bought a mickey mouse sundress for $6.00. I'm really trying to get these things really cheap...and the good thing is I will re-use all the stuff since I'm a disney freak.

I mentioned going for Halloween and Christmas to WDW as well...Looks like for sure I'm only doing MNSSHP event and MVMCP event. and then going to seaworld the next day...

have any of you ever priced AKL?????????????????????????????????? WOWWW that's all I have to say..I didn't think it was THAT expensive. I guess its Value Resort for me when I stay over at WDW. So yea, i'm probably going to stay the one night when I go over there......

So the plan is MK on the Friday night, stay at a value resort, go to seaworld the next day and go home...I know its sad to have to actually go to MK without my AP pass and wait till 4pm to get in for the event..then go home without visiting Animal Kingdom and Epcot and DHS...ugh...I know whats going to happen, especially after the cruise...I'm going to want to go to DHS and Epcot and I'm going to end up doing the AP installment plan...I really enjoyed Epcot during Christmas time..I really liked visting the countries and seeing their version of the holiday. and DHS I want to see the Osbourne Lights Dance..they didn't dance for me last year because it was RAINING the whole time we were there.

Last edited by MommaMouse411; 08-20-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: some of pics didn't show
Old 08-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #27
MommaMouse411

so it definately looks like kids father won't be going with us..things can change we know..but I have to plan my vacay as if he won't be there..and I'm okay with that.

So we just won't get off the ship at Nassau. which I'm not too upset about but I don't want to be by myself on an island that I heard ain't no good...I have some friends raised there and they use to telll me some crazy stories. Would I like to go see the beach yea of course..but I'm sure I will get around to going to Nassau on another Disney Cruise....(I already convince my mom and her husband to save up for a 7day cruise in April 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I couldn't find any 2012 itineraries...so I kind of priced the 2011 in April and it ain't bad...would like to do the Mexican Riviera but we'll see.

so with that said, it would be managing to get off the boat at Castaway Cay...which I think I would wake up UBER early so I can be one of the first ones off..would need to pick a spot with an umbrella so My baby boy doesn't get sunburned...and more than likely we'll just hang out on the beach till we get tired and go back on the boat (Not after taking alot of pictures)...I know they have that splash pad open so we'll probably be there as well.

I also ended up buying a couple of more things for the cruise...

I bought a suitcase (TOY STORY 3 $18) for my lil one..so now they have their luggage..I just have to get mine. I didn't want to spend $18 on the luggae but they didn't bring out alot this season..There were only 2 left and I never saw any mickey mouse or Lightning McQueen ones. oh well..I'm just going to buy a generic one for myself from Walmart..but the biggest of the luggage set.

I bought TWO Winnie the Pooh's harnesses...Why two? well they were $8!!!!! marked down from $20...of course mickey was gone but Pooh is my secret fave character. I don't know if my little one will be walking by then, but my 2 year old walked at 8months..so who knows!

I also bought more peel & stick magnets

and I bought the stretchable Iron on transfers. Since I found those I will be buying tank tops for myself to do my cruise shirts only $8

so the next thing I have to find for myself are the blank tanks..they can't be ribbed either..so I'll have to keep an eye out if I don't find any around town, I'll just end up ordering them.

anyways that's it for now...I'm kind of winding down on what I need for the cruise..now that it might just be myself, Im not going to be able to get all fancy and walk around in heels so I won't need that much more clothes...

oh wait..the one thing I will still do is PALOS , will probably do the brunch..so I'm hoping that the baby sitting place will have open spots on same day I want to do PALOS..which Im hoping I can do during the stop at Nassau??? hmm need to do more research.

ahhh man..I was just reading that my baby won't be able to go inside the mickey pool because kids have to be potty trained to go in...there's a splash zone next to the pool? I haven't seen pictures of it...I hope its a good splash zone because the ones they had at MK were horrible. anybody knows? my 2yeaer old will probably be potty trained by then.

Last edited by MommaMouse411; 08-24-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #28
CherylSue
Mouseketeer

I looked through Google and found a picture of the splash pool on the Wonder.........

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria

CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #29
CherylSue
Mouseketeer

I'm just a little disappointed I can't go on the slide! I think the cut off age is 14 so my DD will be able to..........

As of today we have 100 days to go!!!!! I was hoping to do the Palo brunch on our sea day, as long as all the spaces aren't already reserved! I can't wait! It's getting close!

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria

CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #30
MommaMouse411

CherylSue thank you for the picture...that's not bad a bad spalsh zone. What I might do is to get some pool time..is try and get reservations in the nursery for like a couple hours each day and go to the mickey pool with my 2year old (If he's potty trained by then, which I think he will be, but you know how kids are!) if not then splash pad it is for all of us!!

I know I cannot wait! I swear, I think I mention my cruise at least once a day...

I cannot go into a store, without looking to see what would be neat for the cruise...like I was in Target today to buy something real quick and they had Winnie The Pooh gel pens for $1.00...so I had to buy it. lol oh and the Buzz Lightyear pen too.

just to add on to my pretrip report: I'm also in the shopping mode for christmas, (I think I've mentioned that) and have been buying things here and there for the kids...for instance Kohls had a $10 off coupon after spending $20 so I bought my son these two fisher price dragons for way cheap...so I am also pricing the rest of the christmas presents for the kids...I pretty much know what I'm getting them at this point...I'm using coupons when I can, and if something's on sale, I'm getting it. I have a good sense how much things are at all the stores so I know when I'm getting a good deal when it comes to toys.

I am going to do the Black Friday shopping like I always do..but this time I have to go to Disney Store first, then go to Kohls, then after Kohls run to walmart...I love Black Friday shopping!! anyways..yes I'm ridiculous but bargain shopping is really fun for me. Especially, when I'm trying to stretch the dollars!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: