Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #826
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Looks like we will be making this trip quite a lot for the next 5 months. DS was accepted into the Disney College Program. We need to drive him down in January and then I intend on making several trips down (just to check) and then bring him home in May.

Environmentallity Begins With You
Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #827
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
Looks like we will be making this trip quite a lot for the next 5 months. DS was accepted into the Disney College Program. We need to drive him down in January and then I intend on making several trips down (just to check) and then bring him home in May.
How fun!! Congrats to your DS. My boys are only 9 & 6 but I have already told them about the College Program and how cool it would be.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #828
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
congrats!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #829
BC1836
DIS Veteran

dvczerfs: Howdy! Your WDW countdown clock indicates your next journey is in 16 days. Our paths may cross about a week after that!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #830
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
dvczerfs: Howdy! Your WDW countdown clock indicates your next journey is in 16 days. Our paths may cross about a week after that!

All the best.
we are leaving nov30th. driving to s.carolina and fininshing dec1st.we will be driving home dec 11th. im meeting up with about 8 other disdads on this trip so my cell phone is loaded full of cell numbers with funny lookin dis names. im driving a crysler town and county,greenish. cant miss it. dvc lic. plate, dvc member decal on back window, mm lic. plate frame, mm magnet on the back door,pa plates. oh, and a big dvc member blanket in the back window covering the bags. generaly found in the left lane.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #831
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Well we are making our 2nd drive down to Disney in 5 days!! We're leaving Friday afternoon and seeing how far we can get. I have two hotels on reserve -- one in SC and one in GA, but will need to cancel one of them.

I wish we could leave in the morning, but we can't. Oh well, we'll see how traffic goes.

Our intent is to check traffic on our google maps for going down 95 vs going down the backways. We actually prefer 95 -- unless there is an accident or it's rush hour. We are leaving at 1:30pm so I'm not expecting rush hour.

but we had such a good experience on our 1st trip in July that we will try driving down again!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #832
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Currently on our way home from our third trip. We took 95 this time and dh and I both agreed we liked it better. If we go again, we will probably do 95 again instead of 81.
I wrote the above before going around DC yesterday morning. While we made it around the west side to 270 without any slow down, we both decided that the craziness of the traffic is just not for us. So we think next trip (dh told me to start planning the next trip ) we will take 15 to 17 and pick up 95 south of DC.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #833
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wrote the above before going around DC yesterday morning. While we made it around the west side to 270 without any slow down, we both decided that the craziness of the traffic is just not for us. So we think next trip (dh told me to start planning the next trip ) we will take 15 to 17 and pick up 95 south of DC.
debbie, did you ever take 15 before? i never did and ive been looking at that. we go out to int66, never had any problems on 66 but just looking to cut out going further west.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #834
Tina
Tagless and bitter about it but apparently only thing I hate is when I 'spring a wire. ;-)

While I use 15 in the other direction, I use this route to travel from Northern VA to the PA turnpike a few times a year. It's actually a decent drive. I get on/off at the Dulles Greenway but you can continue along through Haymarket & onto 29/15 south to 17. I also use 17 when driving to Disney, getting on 95 in Stafford. Traffic can back up here due to those getting on 95, but like anything else, you can time it to avoid backups. Route 15 will also back up in some areas during rush hour.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #835
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
we are leaving nov30th. driving to s.carolina and fininshing dec1st.we will be driving home dec 11th. im meeting up with about 8 other disdads on this trip so my cell phone is loaded full of cell numbers with funny lookin dis names. im driving a crysler town and county,greenish. cant miss it. dvc lic. plate, dvc member decal on back window, mm lic. plate frame, mm magnet on the back door,pa plates. oh, and a big dvc member blanket in the back window covering the bags. generaly found in the left lane.
We'll be there that week, too (12/4-110! Can we join the meeting or is it just Dads??

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #836
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
debbie, did you ever take 15 before? i never did and ive been looking at that. we go out to int66, never had any problems on 66 but just looking to cut out going further west.
We live between 15 and 81 and have taken 15 north to Harrisburg and south to where it meets 17 in Virginia. This used to be our preferred route to Williamsburg. It is pretty good road all the way but busy through Frederick, MD, and wherever it was that we picked up 17, Warrenton maybe? It probably takes longer, but when we were going to Williamsburg every year, we didn't mind.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #837
JenSully
Earning My Ears

We'll be returning from WDW Thanksgiving weekend and planning to stop overnight in Rocky Mount, NC. Anyone have any recent experiences with the safe, affordable hotels in the area?

What should we consider? What should we avoid?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #838
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
We'll be there that week, too (12/4-110! Can we join the meeting or is it just Dads??
we all know each others days in what parks and each others cell numbers so we can text each other. if you want, ill give you what days we are in what park and ill pm my cell number to you and we can see if we can meet up to say hello! just let me know if your intrested.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #839
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We live between 15 and 81 and have taken 15 north to Harrisburg and south to where it meets 17 in Virginia. This used to be our preferred route to Williamsburg. It is pretty good road all the way but busy through Frederick, MD, and wherever it was that we picked up 17, Warrenton maybe? It probably takes longer, but when we were going to Williamsburg every year, we didn't mind.
i think ill stick to what we are doing. we get on int66 from 81 and get off at the warrenton exit. follow 17 through opal etc... we never hit any traffic on that part but we never hit it at rush hour.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #840
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
While I use 15 in the other direction, I use this route to travel from Northern VA to the PA turnpike a few times a year. It's actually a decent drive. I get on/off at the Dulles Greenway but you can continue along through Haymarket & onto 29/15 south to 17. I also use 17 when driving to Disney, getting on 95 in Stafford. Traffic can back up here due to those getting on 95, but like anything else, you can time it to avoid backups. Route 15 will also back up in some areas during rush hour.
im guessing 15 is like 17 as far as road condition, traffic etc...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: