Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #676
Beast2Prince
Mouseketeer

We leave in a little more than a month on our first drive to Disney World. We will be leaving after work and I would like to get south of Nashville before we stop for the night. Can anyone recommend a nice area to stop, or even a hotel you have stayed at before? We would like to keep our hotel stops at less than $100/night. Thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #677
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

leaving at 3am for my first drive down since 98 - wish me luck - gas prices here just shot up from 2.67 yesterday to 2.97 today not sure why probably because i need to fill up before we leave lol
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #678
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbalyna View Post
leaving at 3am for my first drive down since 98 - wish me luck - gas prices here just shot up from 2.67 yesterday to 2.97 today not sure why probably because i need to fill up before we leave lol
gas a few weeks ago was trading for $1.92 now its up about $2.13 and is up today by about .01 per gallon. so its going to show up 20 cents more at the pump.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #679
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Here in NJ it's gone up about 10 cents since last week. I know Oct 1 there are requirements for emissions. That's probably some of the cost. Who knows.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #680
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Gasoline prices remain relatively stable. We can still get regular for under $2.50 at the Jersey Shore. We'll be filling up shortly for tankful #1.

All the best.
So much for our earlier comment.
Prices have topped the $2.50 mark.
Best we've seen around here is $2.53.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 10-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #681
cemeb4dk
Mouseketeer

Here in the western burbs of Chicago, we have been hovering in the 2.85 to just under $3 a gallon. A few weeks ago it was 2.67 or so. We leave in 2 weeks I hope it drops a bit or at least it gets cheaper as we head south.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #682
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So much for our earlier comment.
Prices have topped the $2.50 mark.
Best we've seen around here is $2.53.

All the best.

Correction of a correction: Gas is still under $2.50 in Ocean County, NJ. We filled up at Hess, Rt. 37 in Toms River last night for $2.49 a gallon, regular.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 10-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #683
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Interstate 81

Anybody been on Interstate southbound south of Harrisburg, PA lately? We will be going that way next Saturday and when we did this in August, it was crazy with construction. Actually the construction wasn't that bad as they still had 2 lanes of traffic in each direction, but it was the drivers that were crazy. Would appreciate any updated info. Also southbound I-95 out of Washington, DC .... that wasn't too bad in August and we are just going to get off at Lorton, VA.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #684
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
Anybody been on Interstate southbound south of Harrisburg, PA lately? We will be going that way next Saturday and when we did this in August, it was crazy with construction. Actually the construction wasn't that bad as they still had 2 lanes of traffic in each direction, but it was the drivers that were crazy. Would appreciate any updated info. Also southbound I-95 out of Washington, DC .... that wasn't too bad in August and we are just going to get off at Lorton, VA.
I live near Chambersburg and I can tell you there is still a lot of construction in that area. We got on 81S last week from Rt. 997 (Exit 20), which would be the northernmost Chambersburg exit and let me tell you, we decided to not use 81 again until the work is done. My daughter told us she was terrified when she drove on it last week with her four kids and she says she will not be getting on it again for a long time. There are barriers up, lanes are narrowed, trucks are abundant and no one is slowing down. It is white-knuckle all the way. Sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #685
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Correction of a correction: Gas is still under $2.50 in Ocean County, NJ. We filled up at Hess, Rt. 37 in Toms River last night for $2.49 a gallon, regular.

All the best.
That aforementioned gas station jacked up its price to $2.55 overnight!

All the best.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #686
Tina
Tagless and bitter about it but apparently only thing I hate is when I 'spring a wire. ;-)

I've done this drive many times now and I'm just baffled by the concern over penny gas price increases. If gas goes up 5 cents during your trip, is it really going to make that much of a difference overall? I fill up approx 3 times in each direction. A 5 cent increase in an 18 gallon tank is 90 cents.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #687
crzy4dsny
Yes, I'm Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I've done this drive many times now and I'm just baffled by the concern over penny gas price increases. If gas goes up 5 cents during your trip, is it really going to make that much of a difference overall? I fill up approx 3 times in each direction. A 5 cent increase in an 18 gallon tank is 90 cents.
What really stunk was when we had driven to Disney and were there when Hurricane katrina hit. I left my house and paid $1.78 for a gallon of gas. I was watching the news and seeing gas prices that were $5 and $6 a gallon for our trip back to New York. It didn't turn out that bad, I think the most we paid was $3.79.
Coronado Springs 7/06
French Quarter 4/04
Riverside 7/03, 8/05, 5/06, 8/08, 8/09, 7/12
Polynesian 4/02, 8/10
Pop Century 8/10
Wilderness Lodge 11/03

Disney Magic Eastern 5/05
Disney Magic Western 5/06
Disney Magic Western 10/07
Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #688
Tina
Tagless and bitter about it but apparently only thing I hate is when I 'spring a wire. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4dsny View Post
What really stunk was when we had driven to Disney and were there when Hurricane katrina hit. I left my house and paid $1.78 for a gallon of gas. I was watching the news and seeing gas prices that were $5 and $6 a gallon for our trip back to New York. It didn't turn out that bad, I think the most we paid was $3.79.
Well that I can definitely understand! But the penny fluctuations, not so much. I just got home from a trip less than 2 weeks ago and I can't even remember what I paid for gas, but I know if was never radically different that what I pay at home.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #689
nytimez
Nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I barely even look at the prices. Sure, I notice when they're going up or down and what range they're in, but it's nothing I obsess over. They certainly don't impact my trip one way or another, and it's probably one of the smallest expenses of the trip.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #690
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemeb4dk View Post
Here in the western burbs of Chicago, we have been hovering in the 2.85 to just under $3 a gallon. A few weeks ago it was 2.67 or so. We leave in 2 weeks I hope it drops a bit or at least it gets cheaper as we head south.
We were really suprised when we drove down from the Chicago burbs just a little over a week ago. Gas was anywhere from 2.84 to 2.99 in the western burbs - got down to Southern IL (we take 57 south to 24) and found gas at 2.59.
I wonder if the sharp rise in prices in the Chicago area was due to news about the oil leak in Romeoville. It seemed like they spiked right after the leak was discovered as prices rose over 10 cent per gallon overnight.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: