Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
DoBug
Mouseketeer

$20 gas surcharge on towncar service?

Anybody else notice that FL tours price for a towncar from the airport just went up $10 each way for gas surcharge?
This is almost 20% increase. Ouch - I was going to use them for our Dec trip and now I will look around again. I suppose the other companies will follow suit.

I also saw a small ($5 coupon) somewhere for a towncar but can't remember where or which company. Anybody know or have any thoughts on best town car service?
Oct 2007 POFQ
Oct 2008 POFQ
Sept 2009 POFQ
Oct 2010 POFQ
Dec 2011 Swan
Oct 2012 POFQ
Sept 2014 POFQ
DoBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

That's crazy, gas prices are going down.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoBug View Post
Anybody else notice that FL tours price for a towncar from the airport just went up $10 each way for gas surcharge?
This is almost 20% increase. Ouch - I was going to use them for our Dec trip and now I will look around again. I suppose the other companies will follow suit.

I also saw a small ($5 coupon) somewhere for a towncar but can't remember where or which company. Anybody know or have any thoughts on best town car service?
Noticed it too. We traveled Sept 10 - 17th & used Tiffany Town Cars. We have used Florida Tours fir the past 5 years or so & I like to support a Dis sponsor. But Tiffany had the $ coupon on their website & we had used them years ago. The difference was almost $30 after the coupon. Can't ignore that amount of money.

Tiffany was on time (actually, they were early) & the drivers were friendly & courteous. The cars showed some wear, but were clean & odor free.

I will use either of these car services again & will decide based on price, since I've had no problems with either one. I sure won't pay $30 more than I have to.

Since gas prices are going down, I would have expected to see this "surcharge" go down too.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
DoBug
Mouseketeer

Thanks Focused on Disney. I knew I had checked another company and Tiffany seems to get pretty good reviews. I am really surprised there is this much difference in price between the two. Seems they would keep their prices competitive with almost identical service.

Did you use the grocery stop and where did you go? We would be looking for wine and maybe snacks.
Oct 2007 POFQ
Oct 2008 POFQ
Sept 2009 POFQ
Oct 2010 POFQ
Dec 2011 Swan
Oct 2012 POFQ
Sept 2014 POFQ
DoBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
WDW LifeLong Fan
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Tiffany. We use them exclusively and their service has been fantastic.

We too tried to use FL Tours because of their sponsorship of the DIS, but let's just say we had a "Less than Magical Experience".
Old 10-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
dbragas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you use the grocery stop and where did you go? We would be looking for wine and maybe snacks.
We've used Tiffany to stop for groceries quite a few times. They stop at a Publix store on the way to WDW from MCO. I don't remember which one it was, but I'm sure if you call Tiffany they would be able to tell you and then you could figure out if they sell what you need
dbragas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Thanks Focused on Disney. I knew I had checked another company and Tiffany seems to get pretty good reviews. I am really surprised there is this much difference in price between the two. Seems they would keep their prices competitive with almost identical service.

Sorry, I didn't follow up on this thread til now, didn't mean to ignore your question. We didn't need the grocery stop, but I see you've already got a reply on that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW LifeLong Fan View Post
Another vote for Tiffany. We use them exclusively and their service has been fantastic.

We too tried to use FL Tours because of their sponsorship of the DIS, but let's just say we had a "Less than Magical Experience".
Sorry you didn't have a good experience with FL Tours. The only negative thing I can say, besides the price, is that the last 2 times we used them, we had to look for the driver at the airport. They were not waiting as we came down to luggage pick up. I attributed it to our flight being exactly on time & our being seated in the first few rows, so we were off the plane quickly. We had finished collecting our luggage a few minutes before seeing the driver, so not like we waited a long time. I think we hadn't thought too much about the FL Tours driver not being there, until this trip when the Tiffany driver was right there to meet us. And the driver was always prompt & on time for pick up to return.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
NancyC1000
Earning My Ears

Another vote for Tiffany Town Car. We used them for the first time last week and the drivers both ways were very professional and on time. We have used FL Tours in the past; driver was not there at the airport had to make a phone call and waited about 15 minutes and then I saw the price increase when booking this year and decided to try Tiffany (used the $5 internet coupon) and was more than happy with Tiffany!
NancyC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
Susiesnowflake
DIS Veteran

Not happy about that gas surcharge FLTours has added. I have had great service from them in the past, but I'm not liking the jump in price, especially with gas prices going down. I may have to jump ship, do some research and maybe go with Tiffany as some of you are suggesting. Will only be needing resort to airport transfer.
Susiesnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesnowflake View Post
Not happy about that gas surcharge FLTours has added. I have had great service from them in the past, but I'm not liking the jump in price, especially with gas prices going down. I may have to jump ship, do some research and maybe go with Tiffany as some of you are suggesting. Will only be needing resort to airport transfer.
Gas prices just jumped a bunch here in Orlando. My favorite gas station jumped .14 in ONE DAY!!!
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #11
mischief32
Mouseketeer

Will be flying for the first time on November and using Tiffany Town car(due to good reviews from here). Since we have never done this before how does paying work? I know that we pay the drive but do we pay the who amount the the first driver and his tip and just tip the second drive? Please help...
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

Tried Tiffany Towncar a couple of weeks ago.....loved them because.....

1. Our plane landed almost 30 min. early, but our driver was not only waiting for us, he had already scoped out what turnstile our luggage would arrive on.

2. We had the same driver (coming and going)...Waseem. He was very professional...handled all of our luggage and our groceries, from the airport, to the Publix and at our resort.

3. Our towncar was a very nice and clean sedan.

4. He asked what type of groceries we were interested in purchasing and suggested the Publix (one of three options) which would be the easiest to navigate thru in a short amount of time.

5. On our departure day we arrived at the front of our resort 10 min. early and he was waiting for us.

6. The $5 off coupon was a nice treat.

We have never had a problem with ME, but wanted the grocery stop and less travel time between MCO and our resort. I felt like royalty and have already told DH he better plan for the Tiffany Towncar for our next trip.

With the grocery stop for wine, beer, milk, snacks and bottled water, we figure we saved more than the cost of the towncar.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #13
WDW LifeLong Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief32 View Post
Will be flying for the first time on November and using Tiffany Town car(due to good reviews from here). Since we have never done this before how does paying work? I know that we pay the drive but do we pay the who amount the the first driver and his tip and just tip the second drive? Please help...
You can make the reservation online and then call them with your CC information. They will not charge your CC then.

You will pay the first driver the entire amount for the round trip, plus any tip. When they pick you up, all you have to do is tip the second driver.

Have fun!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
mischief32
Mouseketeer

Thanks you for the information, is very helpful. I have already made the reservation and called with CC #. I can't wait until next month...
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #15
WDW LifeLong Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief32 View Post
Thanks you for the information, is very helpful. I have already made the reservation and called with CC #. I can't wait until next month...
You're welcome!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: