Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
dizcraze1
Mouseketeer

What exactly is the Boardwalk besides a hotel?

I know this thread is out there somewhere but I can't find. Can someone tell me what the Boardwalk is besides a hotel? I keep hearing about entertainment and shops and food, but this is the first I have heard about it even though I've combed these boards daily for two and half years! Help...
dizcraze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

It's a Boardwalk, minus the beach part! And all the touristy games and T-shirt shops, but there are a few Disney versions of those as well.

http://allears.net/btp/brdwlk.htm

Restaurants, a few stores, a piano bar, a dance hall, some entertainment at night (usually magician, a juggler, that type of thing).
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
CyForDisney
Earning My Ears

The hotel wraps around a body of water but in between the hotel and water is the boardwalk (hence the name ). On the boardwalk there are lots of food stands and restaurants such as ESPN Club and Flying Fish. There are also shops with very unique items so look at. When times get busy, there are usually street performers that come out and perform such as a magician and etc. There is also is dance hall for great night life. It is our favorite hotel because of what I just said and because of it being walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Hope this helps!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Outside the hotel, there is an actual Boardwalk that faces Crecent Lake. There are several restuarants (Kouzzina, ESPN Club, Big River Grille, Flying Fish Cafe), there's also an ice cream/candy store, bakery, pizza window, a To Go Cart with hot dogs and chicken, a coffee stand and maybe a couple of other food options.

There's an arcade attached to the ESPN club. In the evenings, there are carnival style games (basketball, ring toss, etc) and some entertainment (jugglers, magicians, etc). You can rent surry or regular bikes.

There is a string of gift shops that has everything from beverages & groceries to housewares to apparel to souveniers.

Jelly Rolls and the Atlantic Dance Club are also located on the Boardwalk - they are both 21 and over.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
hearts8701
DIS Veteran

shopping at the Screen Door General Store
entertainment such as magic tricks & jugglers
dining at ESPN.. BoardWalk Bakery.. cat cora's Kouzzina.. big river..Pizza Window
clubs There's Jellyrolls, with its uproarious sing-alongs and dueling piano players. Or if dancing is more your thing, then visit Atlantic Dance, which features live bands on certain nights
Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

I have to share this video of the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake area
that I just found.
Have you ever seen such a gorgeous sunset?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QonXBYF_jU
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
dizcraze1
Mouseketeer

Awesome! I knew I could count on you guys. And the map rocks Robo, as always.
dizcraze1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: