Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #751
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ooooh, so sad it's over. Tom does have a really good frown face!

How WEIRD about your ME! I would have been soooo annoyed with that. So you didn't even get to eat? I bet you two were starved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
YES! Yan Yans! So delicious! It's just like, cookie sticks with chocolate dipping sauce! I think they have them in vanilla and strawberry too but we always get the chocolate!
Drool! These sound amazing!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #752
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Excellent TR!! Sad to see it over, but glad your last couple of days were so awesome! 3 margaritas in one afternoon? I am impressed!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #753
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

So sad your trip is over.

I agree with a PP, I would have freaked out if ME was that late and slow going to the airport, especially since I have to take an international flight!

You have so many great photopass pictures, you have definately convinced me to get it for my next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
ok, my next mission is to find those lol I may find them in the china town in mtl. But the last few times I went there, I ran into my ex. It's kinda obvious since he is Chinese and introduced me to it lol So I stay away from it now.
There are Asian markets outside of chinatown. I know of one in Brossard (on Taschereau, just west of the 10) and somewhere in Ville St-Laurent. Let us know if you find them!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #754
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

WOW you did a ton on your last day. I love your EPCOT pics! All of them Are Yan Yans kind of like a Twix bar?

For musical sound tracks don't forget to check out some of my favorites from my iPod: Guys and Dolls, Wicked - GREAT soundtrack from Broadway, Camelot - with Julie Andrews (I found it on iTunes), Beauty and the Beast Broadway Original Cast , The Little Mermaid Broadway Original Cast.

When is the next trip? It was super to follow along on your trip. I have several new places to check out for December. Thank you for sharing

TK
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #755
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ooooh, so sad it's over. Tom does have a really good frown face!

How WEIRD about your ME! I would have been soooo annoyed with that. So you didn't even get to eat? I bet you two were starved!

Drool! These sound amazing!
We did. We stopped for a quick slice from Sbarro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleOrville View Post
Excellent TR!! Sad to see it over, but glad your last couple of days were so awesome! 3 margaritas in one afternoon? I am impressed!
3 margaritas is nothing when your walking around WS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

I agree with a PP, I would have freaked out if ME was that late and slow going to the airport, especially since I have to take an international flight!

You have so many great photopass pictures, you have definately convinced me to get it for my next trip.
That was the closest the ME bus ever got us! I was really surprised but it worked out well in the end because I hate waiting around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
WOW you did a ton on your last day. I love your EPCOT pics! All of them Are Yan Yans kind of like a Twix bar?

For musical sound tracks don't forget to check out some of my favorites from my iPod: Guys and Dolls, Wicked - GREAT soundtrack from Broadway, Camelot - with Julie Andrews (I found it on iTunes), Beauty and the Beast Broadway Original Cast , The Little Mermaid Broadway Original Cast.

When is the next trip? It was super to follow along on your trip. I have several new places to check out for December. Thank you for sharing

TK
No, Yan Yans aren't really like twix at all. They come in a tube-like package and there's cookie sticks. Then there's a section inside on one-half of the tube that has the chocolate dip in it. Kind of like Dunkaroos!

Oh yes! LOVE Guys and Dolls! That's Tom's all-time favorite musical. We saw it when it came back to Broadway a year or so ago with Oliver Platt and the mom from Gilmore Girls..don't remember her name! And Nicely Nicely Johnson was played by the guy who played Sebastion in the Little Mermaid original cast. I also have the Beauty and the Beast Broadway soundtrack. I don't know anything about Camelot OR Wicked! Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #756
WLfamily
Mouseketeer

Just got caught back up, school is really getting in the way of my disboards! Great tr of course, I expect no less of you!
You have the best luck when it comes to finding characters. Never seen Beast before either.
Great last day and so glad the sun stayed out for you guys. My kids love dunkaroos so I'll have to try those Yin things (can't remember without looking back what they're called.)
As far as musicals go....I know this isn't an old one and you may laugh but, I'm addicted to Mamma Mia. I can't quit watching that movie! It's so bad that the kids will hear the music and walk into the room and say "Mamma Mia again?".
July 2009 Trip Report~
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2251346
Old 08-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #757
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad to see your TR come to an end - it captured the fun of WDW so well! Plus, you and Tom take the best pictures!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Tom finds a new job quickly (not only for your sakes, but also selfishly so I'll have another one of your TRs to read ). I hope you're enjoying your final days (or moments) of summer!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:09 AM   #758
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

There are Asian markets outside of chinatown. I know of one in Brossard (on Taschereau, just west of the 10) and somewhere in Ville St-Laurent. Let us know if you find them!
Thanks for suggesting other places. I will let you knoe if I do find them.

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
My art page
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #759
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLfamily View Post
Just got caught back up, school is really getting in the way of my disboards! Great tr of course, I expect no less of you!
You have the best luck when it comes to finding characters. Never seen Beast before either.
Great last day and so glad the sun stayed out for you guys. My kids love dunkaroos so I'll have to try those Yin things (can't remember without looking back what they're called.)
As far as musicals go....I know this isn't an old one and you may laugh but, I'm addicted to Mamma Mia. I can't quit watching that movie! It's so bad that the kids will hear the music and walk into the room and say "Mamma Mia again?".
Mamma Mia really is good!

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
My art page
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 08-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #760
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hey Nikki!!!! Sorry I've been missing for a while- the PTA stuff did start, and when I haven't been on vacation, or doing laundry, or learning how to do the PTA stuff, I went to the pool with the kids. Summer is too, too short. I need another month off!!!! Anyway.....I loved reading about your trip, you always crack me up, the vids were excellent- I feel like I've been on vacation with you 3 times now!!! I'm so happy the sun came out for the end of the trip, too!

I know it's late to ask, but....how about lunch this Friday? Oh- and maybe I'll see you on Thursday at the High School. I'll be at the convocation that day.

Ellen

ps- Sooo glad you got that kernal out!!! YUCK!!!

pps- I love My Fair Lady- even if Audrey Hepburn is lipsyncing, she is still amazing. And Gigi- with Leslie Carron. That one I have adored since I was a little girl. Ohhhh...and South Pacific....and the King and I....and of course, The Sound of Music.....
Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #761
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad your tr is over!!!

I love the variety of pics you guys do. The sad face leaving is great!

And it's so crazy about the ME bus! We really didn't have much time at the airport ourselves either. We went through security, into the Disney store and it was time to head over to boarding. But it wasn't last call! So crazy!

Now that your tr is over, you really have to figure out your next dates so you can start planning again!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #762
WLfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks Christy!!! I was afraid I was the only one who liked it!
July 2009 Trip Report~
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2251346
Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #763
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
We got really lucky with the Beast! Haha, they are Yan Yans and definitely look for the next time! See below for Mama Mia comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
I'm so sad to see your TR come to an end - it captured the fun of WDW so well! Plus, you and Tom take the best pictures!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Tom finds a new job quickly (not only for your sakes, but also selfishly so I'll have another one of your TRs to read ). I hope you're enjoying your final days (or moments) of summer!
Haha! Yes, we will be sure to find Tom a job so that YOU can enjoy my TR!! I love it! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Christy!!! I was afraid I was the only one who liked it!
Let me preface by saying I LOVE ABBA and I LOVE (obviously) movie musicals. Tom and I went to see Mama Mia when it came out and it we both thought it was soooo terriblel! It was the closest we ever came to walking out of the theater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hey Nikki!!!! Sorry I've been missing for a while- the PTA stuff did start, and when I haven't been on vacation, or doing laundry, or learning how to do the PTA stuff, I went to the pool with the kids. Summer is too, too short. I need another month off!!!! Anyway.....I loved reading about your trip, you always crack me up, the vids were excellent- I feel like I've been on vacation with you 3 times now!!! I'm so happy the sun came out for the end of the trip, too!

I know it's late to ask, but....how about lunch this Friday? Oh- and maybe I'll see you on Thursday at the High School. I'll be at the convocation that day.

Ellen

ps- Sooo glad you got that kernal out!!! YUCK!!!

pps- I love My Fair Lady- even if Audrey Hepburn is lipsyncing, she is still amazing. And Gigi- with Leslie Carron. That one I have adored since I was a little girl. Ohhhh...and South Pacific....and the King and I....and of course, The Sound of Music.....
I will definitely look for you on Thursday and lunch on Friday is good for me! Let's do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
I'm so sad your tr is over!!!

I love the variety of pics you guys do. The sad face leaving is great!

And it's so crazy about the ME bus! We really didn't have much time at the airport ourselves either. We went through security, into the Disney store and it was time to head over to boarding. But it wasn't last call! So crazy!

Now that your tr is over, you really have to figure out your next dates so you can start planning again!
It definitely sucks to not be planning a trip right now but hopefully we'll figure it all out soon. Glad you enjoyed the TR!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #764
NikkiLovesWDW!

Ooops! Double post!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #765
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Great!! Where do you want to go??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: