Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #31
janloz
Wishing I was at WDW now.

great so far, waiting for more.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #32
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Can't wait to read more. Thinking of a 4th of July trip next summer so I am very interested! And POR is one of our fave resorts!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #33
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloz View Post
great so far, waiting for more.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Subbing! Can't wait to read more. Thinking of a 4th of July trip next summer so I am very interested! And POR is one of our fave resorts!!!
Oh I think this TR might just convince you.....
Old 07-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #34
NikkiLovesWDW!

Day 1 Cont.
Thursday, July 1, 2010

A quick bus ride from DTD and we arrived at our room. We were assigned 1407! Soooo glad it was not 1408! I mean, I wouldn't mind hanging out with John Cusack but I can do without the scary ghosts and being trapped in there until death.

The plan was to relax this afternoon, being that we always try to do too much on the first day and end up exhausted! So we followed that plan...well Tom did anyway! He settled down for a nap and I got right to work on decorating!!!

Here is what my window looked like when it was all done!

I'm going to try to post video but for some reason on Shutterfly, it's all warped! I contacted them and they said they are aware of the problem and are fixing it so hopefully, ALL my vids won't be like that! And I still haven't figured out how to "embed" video so you'll have to "click" to watch!

Here is a video I took of after decorating the window!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QctnDFo2bsmEJ

What is that loud noise you hear around 2 seconds in?? Stay tuned....

Well after decorating, I took a little nap myself but let's be honest...it was the first day in WDW, I couldn't really sleep! But it was nice to just lay down and relax!

We had dinner reservations at 7:30 at the Rose and Crown that night so we woke up around 4 to shower and get ready. I asked Tom to look at my window. Well he opened the curtains to see it and our beautiful sunny day had turned into a crazy downpour, complete with lightening and thunder! (That's what you heard in that video!)

I got all dressed in my red, white and blue outfit (ya know, England and all) and posed next to my window!

We had a camera fogging problem whenever we went from inside to outside so mind the fogginess!

And here is another video I took of the storm while trying to decide what we should do....

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QctnDFo2bsmEY

You can hear the thunder in this video too! Notice the dangerously close proximity to room 1408...but we survived!

So we waited a little and there was no sign of letting up at all. Soooo....I changed my clothes into a more suitable shorts/tank top combination, we threw on our rain jackets and we headed to Epcot (in the rain!) around 5:15.

This was also the time that I discovered a short cut from our room to the main bus stop, without going through the main lobby, so I was pretty proud of myself for being able to do that, despite the rain! I read the map and had a hunch and was scared to risk it in the rain, for fear we would have to turn back and spend MORE time in the rain but my map-reading skills proved true and, minus a few puddles along the way, we didn't get too wet on the walk to the bus!

Up Next: What's wrong with Spaceship Earth?? Does the rain stop at all tonight?? Dinner at Rose and Crown!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #35
Gaston's Bicep
For there's no one as burly and brawny, as you see I've got biceps to spare

The rain was TERRIBLE that week, but we didn't let it ruin our trip. We marched on with our ponchos! LOL

80/Offsite 90/BC 91/BC 92/BC 93/CB 93/BC 94/YC
94/YC 95/YC 98/DL 99/DL 00/POFQ 02/Offsite
05/PC 09/PC 10/BCV
Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #36
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston's Bicep View Post
The rain was TERRIBLE that week, but we didn't let it ruin our trip. We marched on with our ponchos! LOL
As did we!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #37
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Sorry about the rain.

Cute window!

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
My art page
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #38
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Your window decorations are awesome!! So patriotic!

Oh gosh, it was pouring! I hope the rain didn't put to much of a damper on your evening.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #39
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Sorry about the rain.

Cute window!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Your window decorations are awesome!! So patriotic!

Oh gosh, it was pouring! I hope the rain didn't put to much of a damper on your evening.
Thanks guys! I was so excited to decorate the window and I think it came out so awesome! I heard lots of people commenting as they walked by. Perfect that we had a first floor room, too!

Yes, the rain totally sucked! And at this point, I was trying to be all optimistic like, "Oh this is just your common afternoon shower! Happens all the time! It'll be over in no time!"
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Love your TRs!

The window is SUPER cute, what a great idea!!!

Rain, rain, go away.....
Old 07-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #41
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Love your TRs!

The window is SUPER cute, what a great idea!!!

Rain, rain, go away.....
Thanks for reading! I saw the gel decorations in the dollar section in Target and it just hit me! I MUST decorate the windows!! I didn't see anyone else's windows decorated. I really thought more people would get into the holiday spirit. I guess because going over the 4th was such a big decision for us, that this really seems like a 4th of July trip. I guess to other people it was just a regular trip that the 4th of July happened to fall during...
Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #42
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Yeah, your TR is here!!!

Total SCORE on the building location!!! And your window looks so cool - what a great idea! I was looking at the pictures of you waiting for the boat and on the boat to DTD and I can sense the 'i'm-so-excited-i'm-at-disney' feeling jumping out of the photo! And what's great, is that the feeling lasts the entire time

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #43
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hi from a fellow Jersey girl! Any trip report that mentions John Cusack is for sure one I need to read!

Seriously though, love the report so far and LOVE your window!! We love resort hopping so I never bother to decorate the window but I think next time I definitely have to, it's just too cute!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #44
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Yeah, your TR is here!!!

Total SCORE on the building location!!! And your window looks so cool - what a great idea! I was looking at the pictures of you waiting for the boat and on the boat to DTD and I can sense the 'i'm-so-excited-i'm-at-disney' feeling jumping out of the photo! And what's great, is that the feeling lasts the entire time
Thanks for coming over!!! Yeah, we were definitely psyched to finally be there after months and months of planning...it's almost hard to believe that you're actually there! It's literally like a dream come true!! Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi from a fellow Jersey girl! Any trip report that mentions John Cusack is for sure one I need to read!

Seriously though, love the report so far and LOVE your window!! We love resort hopping so I never bother to decorate the window but I think next time I definitely have to, it's just too cute!
Jersey!

Glad you like the TR so far! I never would've decorated it unless I had a reason to and found the right supplies...which luckily, I did! I heard that you can't use tape on the windows so those gel clings were perfect and the banner had string so I just tied it onto the shades!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #45
NikkiLovesWDW!

Just wanted to let you all know that I started working on a video montage already!!! I really need my photopass cd because, I'm sorry to say, I can't go any further in this TR without it! AND, I need it for this video I am making. I think the focus of the video is going to be "enjoying the little details of WDW." At least that's what it seems to be turning into so far!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: