Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #151
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

It continued to rain...and I mean RAIN, the rest of the night. There was EMH that night and the plan was to take advantage of that, but it just was so miserable! We walked towards the Seas and thought we'd ride that. There was NO ONE around. Literally, no one! So we walked up to the doors and as soon as they opened, we got a blast of freezing cold air, to which we both responded, "Screw this!" Being wet was bad enough but being cold and wet....sorry Nemo, you're just not worth it!

So we walked around and decided we'd just go in through the gift shop and look at the tanks. It was kind of cold in there too, but more bearable!

When we exited, it was STILL raining and I suddenly remember! My new handheld video camera also takes pictures AND it's waterproof!!

So from then on, whenever it rained, I kept it in my rain jacket pocket.

Here are a few shots we took outside of Nemo before finally giving up and going back to POR! Well, we stopped for a spin around Spaceship earth...then we went back to POR!

You can see how wet the bottom of my shorts are! At least my shorts are short enough that they didn't get too wet. I felt bad for Tom because his shorts were soaked!

Well....so we had one rainy evening. It can't stay like that all week, can it??

Up Next: Day 2 at the MK!

Last edited by NikkiLovesWDW!; 07-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #152
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Awe. The rain sucks. We are sadly looking at the same forecast.

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #153
NikkiLovesWDW!

Grrr, I knew it was going to be a pain in the neck that I took pictures with 2 different cameras!!!

Here are some pics from that ride on SE before leaving the park!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #154
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

hehehe great pics!

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #155
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

lovely update... wow it DID rain a lot!!
DF & I joke that it always seems to be raining when we walk through the UK pavillion... just like being at home, always raining!

Looking forward to more now that the PP cd has arrived!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #156
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
lovely update... wow it DID rain a lot!!
DF & I joke that it always seems to be raining when we walk through the UK pavillion... just like being at home, always raining!

Looking forward to more now that the PP cd has arrived!
That's actually really funny you said that because as we walked around WS, even the CMs looked a little worried about the rain but as we walked past the Fish and Chips stand on our way to Rose and Crown, all the CMs in there were just laughing and having a ball! They're probably so used to it!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #157
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Loving the trip report! What time was your Rose and Crown ADR? I am really thinking of trying that for Illuminations on our next trip (whenever that might be). You are really helping bring back memories.......that was SUCH a rainy night!!! That was our first night at the Contemporary and we did not go anywhere!!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #158
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Loving the trip report! What time was your Rose and Crown ADR? I am really thinking of trying that for Illuminations on our next trip (whenever that might be). You are really helping bring back memories.......that was SUCH a rainy night!!! That was our first night at the Contemporary and we did not go anywhere!!
I bet if it wasn't our first night, we may have stayed in too.

ADR was for 7:30.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #159
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Yay!! This is so fun to read while I pass the time until we leave tomorrow

We have the SAME raincoats!! I thought I saw them in one of your other TRs and now I can tell better that they're the same ones. I got them on sale one year on Disney Shopping for SUPER cheap!! I love them! Last year my mom and sister went with us and we googled our hearts out trying to find them on Disney websites, on Ebay, whatever, and I swear they don't exist anymore! I'm so glad we got them when we did!!!

Your first day looks like 3 of the days we had in 2008 with the rain! Half of our Photopass pics are in our raincoats! I totally feel your pain on the whole we're totally SOAKED and it's -20 degrees in here. NOT a good combination. Being wet AND cold is just the worst!! Hopefully you have a few drier days in store for us to hear about

ETA: About staying in when it rained. When we went in 2008 it was for our 1-year anniversary. We were staying at the GF and the worst night of rain was actually ON our anniversary, so we decided to just stay in (so we could enjoy the GF because we were only there for 2 of our nights.) DH went and got food from Gasparilla and brought it back to the room and Princess Diaries 2 was on TV and we just sat there in the room, ate our yummy treats and watched the movie. We were all snuggly in our warm clothes, the rain was so soothing sounding outside, we were in my favorite place, in a fabulous resort! It probably sounds lame, but it's actually one of my favorite Disney memories
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #160
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
We've had the conversation about if WDW was the setting for a disaster movie, we know SE would be the first thing to go. Maybe it would break off it's legs and roll over tourist. Tom likes to think it would be a transformer and just change into something awesome that would totally save the world!
I LOVE the transformer theory. Now, I'm imagining Spaceship Earth walking around like the robot Syndrome builds in the Incredibles.

I am so sorry about the MISERABLE rain. I hate walking around the parks completely drenched. It's no fun.

AHH!! Illuminations videos! EXACTLY ONE WEEK FROM TODAY I WILL BE AT EPCOT!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #161
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Yay!! This is so fun to read while I pass the time until we leave tomorrow

We have the SAME raincoats!! I thought I saw them in one of your other TRs and now I can tell better that they're the same ones. I got them on sale one year on Disney Shopping for SUPER cheap!! I love them! Last year my mom and sister went with us and we googled our hearts out trying to find them on Disney websites, on Ebay, whatever, and I swear they don't exist anymore! I'm so glad we got them when we did!!!

Your first day looks like 3 of the days we had in 2008 with the rain! Half of our Photopass pics are in our raincoats! I totally feel your pain on the whole we're totally SOAKED and it's -20 degrees in here. NOT a good combination. Being wet AND cold is just the worst!! Hopefully you have a few drier days in store for us to hear about

ETA: About staying in when it rained. When we went in 2008 it was for our 1-year anniversary. We were staying at the GF and the worst night of rain was actually ON our anniversary, so we decided to just stay in (so we could enjoy the GF because we were only there for 2 of our nights.) DH went and got food from Gasparilla and brought it back to the room and Princess Diaries 2 was on TV and we just sat there in the room, ate our yummy treats and watched the movie. We were all snuggly in our warm clothes, the rain was so soothing sounding outside, we were in my favorite place, in a fabulous resort! It probably sounds lame, but it's actually one of my favorite Disney memories
Aw, that sounds really nice about your night in!

YES! I bought them on sale on disneyshopping too! It was like 2 years ago and you can't find them anywhere now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I LOVE the transformer theory. Now, I'm imagining Spaceship Earth walking around like the robot Syndrome builds in the Incredibles.

I am so sorry about the MISERABLE rain. I hate walking around the parks completely drenched. It's no fun.

AHH!! Illuminations videos! EXACTLY ONE WEEK FROM TODAY I WILL BE AT EPCOT!!!!
Haha! So glad you appreciate the transformer theory! One week from today in Epcot! So jealous!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #162
WLfamily
Mouseketeer

That's not just a little rain, that's a flood!
July 2009 Trip Report~
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2251346
Old 07-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #163
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLfamily View Post
That's not just a little rain, that's a flood!
Seriously!!!

I mean, I expected your afternoon shower but I was not mentally prepared for the amount of rain we saw on this trip.....
Old 07-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #164
Eeyore18
Mouseketeer

Wow! It must of rained so much that nothing was left when we came. We arrived on July 6-13 and the first 5 days were rain free! Not even an afternoon shower! Hope you got some of that weather too-can't remember how long you were staying. Anyway- looking forward to more!!! Helps me get through the after Disney blues!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #165
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore18 View Post
Wow! It must of rained so much that nothing was left when we came. We arrived on July 6-13 and the first 5 days were rain free! Not even an afternoon shower! Hope you got some of that weather too-can't remember how long you were staying. Anyway- looking forward to more!!! Helps me get through the after Disney blues!
Yeah, only the last couple of days of our trip were mostly rain-free...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: