Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #136
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I order my photopass CD on July 1st and received it on the 8th which I thought was great considering the 4th of July was within the dates.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #137
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
FOUR TO FIVE WEEKS?!?! Oh that's terrible. What am I going to do?? I never should have started this TR without it. That was so stupid of me! I just hope I don't lose all my followers when it finally does arrive. I might have to recap the first afternoon before going on.....
You won't lose us!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #138
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
You won't lose us!!!
Never!! Actually, I'm glad because it means I won't miss anything while we're gone
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #139
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I order my photopass CD on July 1st and received it on the 8th which I thought was great considering the 4th of July was within the dates.
Well that's hopeful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
You won't lose us!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Never!! Actually, I'm glad because it means I won't miss anything while we're gone
Haha! You must be bouncing off the walls right now!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #140
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Just found your TR, subbing and going back to read
Old 07-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #141
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha! You must be bouncing off the walls right now!

Yes!!!! I still have some things to get done, and I'm sad to leave my puppy, but she'll be in good hands. Once everything is done and we're on the road I'll REALLY be excited!!
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 07-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #142
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that Photopass is taking so long to get cd's out. The past couple times we ordered we had the cd in a few days! And I'm pretty sure you won't lose any of us! Seems you're stuck with us!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #143
NikkiLovesWDW!

AHHH! Photopass CD came in the mail today!!!!!!

I'm soooo excited!

Updates coming soon!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #144
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:

I'm soooo excited!

Updates coming soon!!!
hooray!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #145
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm soooo excited!

Updates coming soon!!!
YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #146
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm soooo excited!

Updates coming soon!!!
Yay! Can't wait for more!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #147
NikkiLovesWDW!

Ready for an update!!!

I am soooo thrilled that I finally got my photopass cd and I can continue my TR properly!

Day 1, cont.
July 1, 2010

So far, I've only gotten through the first morning and afternoon. If you remember, I had decorated our window and put on my best UK outift.....but the rain, unfortunately, changed things a little and I put on shorts and a different tank, we threw on our rain jackets and around 5:15pm, ran through the puddles to the bus stop!

We were so excited to be going to Epcot day 1. It's our favorite place to be and occasionally, on crappy days in NJ, we like to imagine we are in WS and talk about where we would eat and what we would get to drink.

So we're on the bus to Epcot and I LOVE when you get that first glimpse of Spaceship Earth from the bus. Except this time, as soon as I saw it, I practically screamed, "Something's wrong with Spaceship Earth!" It was very obvious, there were black marks all over the top and it scared me.

We've had the conversation about if WDW was the setting for a disaster movie, we know SE would be the first thing to go. Maybe it would break off it's legs and roll over tourist. Tom likes to think it would be a transformer and just change into something awesome that would totally save the world!

BUT that's all just fantasy. I couldn't stop thinking about it so when we got up to the bag check, (it's still pouring rain, btw!) I asked the guy who checked my bag, "What's wrong with Spaceship Earth?" He clearly had no idea what I was talking about. "It looks dirty or something!" He said, it was just the rain......

We didn't get to take a pic because we didn't want to pull our camera out in the rain but it still looked like that the whole week so here are some pics we took later in our trip.

I'm sure it was no big deal but I just couldn't understand how they let it stay like this for so long and how nobody else seemed to care, or even notice! Tom and I decided that it must have gotten struck by lightening! So that was the story we stuck to!

When we walked in the gates, we saw our first photopass photographer and jumped right in! Hey, I prepaid for this CD, rain or shine, I'm getting my money's worth!

You can actually SEE the rain coming down in this picture! Look over Tom's shoulder on the blue of the SE entrance and over my head!

Do you see why I just couldn't go on without the photopass cd! Not only are these great pics of how rainy it was, but they are the only pics I have of us in Epcot before dinner because it was so rainy!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #148
NikkiLovesWDW!

Cont. from last post...

So we walked right back to WS and started roaming around in the rain. It was so miserable! One thing we started noticing was every so often, we'd see a person or group of people with maple leaves painted on their faces, or canadian flags tied around their necks. What was up with that?

Finally, we made our way to Rose and Crown for our 7:30 ADR. We ended up having quite a long wait but I felt bad for the staff because the rain clearly made things super chaotic! People were all huddled under one umbrella outside and everyone else was waiting under the patio, which made it hard for the staff to check people in or call them when their table was ready.

So as we're waiting, a group of, probably college age kids, came out of the restaurant totally decked out in Canada garb! So we asked them..."What up with the Canada today?" And I'm sure this didn't happen, but I imagine that they all shouted simultaneously, "It's Canada Day!"

We thought it was awesome that so many people were so enthusiastic about Canada Day! We didn't really know what that meant and they explained to us that it's like their 4th of July. "Why aren't you eating at Le Cellier, then?" Tom asked them. They said they tried but couldn't get in.

So finally, our table was ready and, not only did we get a table on the patio, like we'd hoped, we got the EXACT same table we sat in last year!

As soon as we sat down, we took off our rain jackets and I took off my flips because my feet were sooooo yech from being wet! They would never dry if I kept them in my wet flips, so I just pushed my flips aside and let my tootsies dry out! I even took a pic because they were sooo pruny!! Look at my shorts too! Soaked!

Okay, after that disgusting picture of my foot, how about some delicious pictures of the food we got!

This was the appetizer. I'm not sure what it is because it's not on the menu listed on AllEars. Yorkshire pudding, maybe? All I know is it had mushrooms on it so I had a taste but it was not for me!

Tom got the cottage pie...

And I got bangers and mash...

After dinner, the rain was starting to let up, so this man came around with an unnecessarily long pole to open these plastic walls they had put down.

And we ordered delicious desserts just before Illuminations began!

When they brought us our desserts, they had a special surprise for us because it was our anniversary!!! We got a card with all of the wait staff's signatures and THIS!!! I was only able to capture a bit of it but you get the gist!

(Again, sorry for the warped picture. Hopefully they will fix it soon!)

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QctnDFo2bsmEr

Here are our desserts!

Next post: Pics and Vid of Illuminations....

A Rainy PM EMH in Epcot!

Last edited by NikkiLovesWDW!; 07-17-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #149
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

yay an update! Glad they took out the plastic walls for you to watch illuminations!

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 07-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #150
NikkiLovesWDW!

Halfway through Illuminations, it started to pour...AGAIN!

Here are some video links! You can tell just how rainy it got in the 2nd and 3rd videos.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QctnDFo2bsmFc

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QctnDFo2bsmE6

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QctnDFo2bsmF-

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QctnDFo2bsmFv

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: