Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #91
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

DHS top ten

Here is our DHS top ten, tentative date for this park is Wednesday the 16th, it all depends on park hours...

1. TSM

2. Fantasmic

3. Playhouse Disney Live

4. R n' R

5. Studio Backlot Tour

6. Lights, Motors, Action

7. Honey I shrunk the Kids Play area

8. Pictures in front of Sorcerer Mickey hat

9. Character greets at Animation area

10. Pictures with Woody and Buzz

That's all I have for now, waiting on park hours and our adr window to open so we can start making our ADR's
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #92
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Jessica- I'm emailing you the link to the March hours....didn't realize you didn't have them.

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #93
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Jessica- I'm emailing you the link to the March hours....didn't realize you didn't have them.
Thank you so much, got it, working on my changes now. I have to see what my family wants to do now, because most of our park days are now changing (I think it's funny, but I think my Mom won't cause she just asked me for the park days yesterday) But now I can properly plan, so thank you
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #94
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

You're Welcome!

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #95
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessica!

Followed the link in your siggy! Late to the party as always, but not on Dis quite so much lately so have been missing all the developments!

Will read through and catch up with all your plan!

Di x

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Dr_Finkelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #96
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Finkelstein View Post
Hi Jessica!

Followed the link in your siggy! Late to the party as always, but not on Dis quite so much lately so have been missing all the developments!

Will read through and catch up with all your plan!

Di x
Thanks for joining...sorry didn't respond sooner. Glad you're here again, to follow my planning again, lol. This time it's really gonna happen

Old 09-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #97
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

7 days until ADR madness

Well I'm finally approaching that mark, my friends outside the DIS world think I'm crazy. They don't understand booking/planning meals 180 days away.

But at least you all do So I'm 7 days away from making my first ADR, or being able to make an ADR. So that will be my focus this week, I need to once and for all decide where/when we will be eating that would require an ADR. And gently harass my travel companions to see who will be joining my family of 4 for which meals. I will probably end up needing to make several ADR's for different amts of people.

The extra challenging part of this....we aren't staying on property so this means I need to call each day or pop online and make reservations appropriately.

In other news... next weekend we have a mini trip to Nashville. Where we will get to practice matching shirt wearing, meal planning ahead for Jack, and traveling for more than 30 minutes in our car. We are participating in the Walk for Autism, I have been planning this for almost a year. I know it will be an emotional, uplifting, and great family day. Will tell you all about it when we get back.

In the meantime... I'm off to plan my ADR's...

Old 09-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #98
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Happy ADR planning! When I plan ADRs for large groups, I often make two separate reservations for the same time. You're often told you will be at two tables anyways so by making it two separate ADRs, you have the flexibility to cancel one and keep the other.

Congratulations on making it to walk day!! You guys will have a blast. We've done the Autism Speaks walk several times... though not for a few years now... It's always emotional but very fun & so worth it!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #99
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Happy ADR planning! When I plan ADRs for large groups, I often make two separate reservations for the same time. You're often told you will be at two tables anyways so by making it two separate ADRs, you have the flexibility to cancel one and keep the other.

Congratulations on making it to walk day!! You guys will have a blast. We've done the Autism Speaks walk several times... though not for a few years now... It's always emotional but very fun & so worth it!
Thanks, I already get teary eyed just thinking about going now that it is less than a week away.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #100
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see where you decided for ADR's.

I also can't wait to see your Nashville pics & walking for Autism pictures!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #101
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm in an all caught up! Good luck on the ADR planning, having just returned from a grand gathering trip I know how nutty it can be.

Congrats on the job!

Oh and I'm always that mom running 5 (or 10) mintues late. Which means I better get in gear or we will miss the bus again!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #102
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I can't wait to see where you decided for ADR's.

I also can't wait to see your Nashville pics & walking for Autism pictures!
Thanks, I can't wait to see what we decide for ADR's too The good thing is going to Nashville for the weekend we should have some down time to all discuss and plan for Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm in an all caught up! Good luck on the ADR planning, having just returned from a grand gathering trip I know how nutty it can be.

Congrats on the job!

Oh and I'm always that mom running 5 (or 10) mintues late. Which means I better get in gear or we will miss the bus again!
Welcome Thanks, wow you just came back from a grand gathering, cool, I'll have to check your siggy again, because I'm absent minded tonight, to see if you are writing a TR.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #103
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

4 days until ADR's and some late pictures

I only have 4 days to start finalizing some dining plans. it's been a crazy week and I haven't even looked at my planning binder this week But this weekend, I'm looking forward to relaxing in the hotel room and doing some disney reading/planning.

I'm super late on posting this but here are pictures from the boys first days of school:

And then some pictures of Joey from our special zoo outing on Jack's first day of school:

He is such a ham and a poser, I have no clue where he gets it from
and just for good measure, a picture of both boys from our trip to the zoo this past weekend:

Ok, time to catch some zzz's, will be waking up early to pack last minute items for our trip to Nashville

Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #104
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post

And then some pictures of Joey from our special zoo outing on Jack's first day of school:

He is such a ham and a poser, I have no clue where he gets it from

Love 'em! You're boys are so cute!
Nice that "the ham" got some special time with Mommy...

Have a great time this weekend and try not to stress too much on the ADRs!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #105
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Welcome to the world of staying offsite!

Make sure you check online at 6am as that is when the system allows the current 180 day ADR to be made. At least that is the way it used to be.

The nice thing is you can get up, make the ADR then go back to bed... if the adrenaline doesn't keep you awake for a week!

Love the pics of the boys!
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: