Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #76
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Good luck with the job!!!!!

Let us know how you make out (like you weren't going to or something!)
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #77
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
I go in tomorrow for a second interview, so should know more about the job tomorrow.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #78
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Sorry guys, I had to work a double at work today because someone else quit.

I got the job, I go in tomorrow to observe, and I put in my notice at work, so next week will be my last week at the deli and I'll start my new job the week after. And they were fine with my plans to take a week off in March to see Mickey.

Thanks for all the good thoughts ...probably won't get a trip update in until this weekend, I work another double Friday night. Tomorrow I need to get caught up on house chores after we get home, and bills
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #79
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Congrats on getting the JOB!!!!!

I'm sure you will be super busy now (like you weren't before right?)
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #82
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Wa-hoo!!!!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #83
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!! How exciting!!!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #84
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

New job, old job drama, and a new trip to plan :-)

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes, congratulations and good thoughts you have sent my way this past week. The last two days were so stressfull at my current job. Friday I was scheduled a double, so after I dropped my son Jack at school I went to the bank to take care of things with regards to his tuition, but all morning my money did not post. So I transferred a little from my other account and went into work. Turns out my direct deposit was not going to post because they messed up and had nothing for me, not even a paper check I was freaking out, because my sons first tuition payment was to come out. Well by the time I left work they had a check for me, but I left work 25 minutes late, and picked Jack up 15 minutes late I was mortified, the teacher was fine, and said I wasn't that late. A little girl got picked up the same time as I got him. I'm that Mom that is always 5 minutes early...he seemed ok, but was hot, so I took him to get a drink and a small toy before heading to pick up my DH. On the way home Jack threw up , so I know he was stressed and probably still hot. And I didn't even get to stay home and comfort him, I had to jump back in the car and head back to work. So Saturday I spent all day taking care of banking and errands...LONG day.

Going back a day though, on Thursday I got to observe at my new job, and it's going to be GREAT!!!

And to make up for all my work drama, I had a little bit of luck come my way. Actually it had been in the works prior, but Friday night my DH said yes. I'm super excited about this news....

I will have the pleasure of accompanying a group of moms who all have children on the autism spectrum and we are meeting in WDW to discuss a book one of our own fellow DISers is writing. I think most of you know her, but I'll let you read about her and the other Fabulous moms I get to travel with on the group ptr: Spectrum Moms take on the World I hope you will pop over and check it out, though a couple of you are actually traveling with me

So now I get two trips in 2011, and am on

And I did promise an update on my March trip, but I'll have to try and do that tonight...I have a new Moms Tea at Jacks school today
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #85
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'm just getting caught up here. Congrats on the new job....can't wait to hear what you will be doing there with the kids!

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #86
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

subbing in looking forward to getting to know you and your family more

J~
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #87
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your new job!

I hope Jack is feeling better now.
It never fails, once a year my son Levi always throws up at school. It's always been after recess. From running, playing too hard & getting overheated I think. He is always better after a couple of hours.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #89
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Sounds like the job switch will be very good for you...

Oh, and I'm that mom who's always running 5 minutes late!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #90
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm just getting caught up here. Congrats on the new job....can't wait to hear what you will be doing there with the kids!
I'm going to be a neurofeedback technician. I'm very excited, the center deals with all ages from little to adult, and all parts of the spectrum from very mild to severe. So I'm looking forward to learning and growing. Thanks for coming over. Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
subbing in looking forward to getting to know you and your family more

J~
Thanks for coming over, I stopped by yours too, yours will take me slightly longer to catch up, but can't wait to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Congratulations on your new job!

I hope Jack is feeling better now.
It never fails, once a year my son Levi always throws up at school. It's always been after recess. From running, playing too hard & getting overheated I think. He is always better after a couple of hours.
Thanks, he is better now, I came to find out today that my suspicions were correct, Jack also ate some things last week that he shouldn't have. So his body was defending against the bad things he ate, with the heat, and his stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
So glad you are joining us for the January Spectrum Moms trip!!
I'm so excited Now we get to meet after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Sounds like the job switch will be very good for you...

Oh, and I'm that mom who's always running 5 minutes late!

Kathy
I'm very much looking forward to my new job, even more now, for reasons I can not say at the moment. But will share when I am allowed. I got to work with three clients last week, one teen, one adult, and one child. The child was more severe, very limited language, but such a sweatheart. I loved it.

I'm also going to be teaching religion to Jacks class at his school, waiting to get more details on that.

Today we were 30 minutes early for school Both my kids got very ansy having to sit in the very loud cafeteria. I will need to have Jacks headphones ready for him in the future if he ever gets dropped off early once he switches to full time kindergarten.

update coming up next...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: