Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #196
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Wed and Thurs plans

Wednesday Plans:
Breakfast @ Kona (Mom, me, and sister)

I will then drop Mom and my sister at Universal Studios, then I'll head back to Disney for a Dismeet with Melissa

I'll head back to the house after Melissa and I part ways, where my family should be done with naps and lunch, then the four of us will proceed to Fort Wilderness to:

Do the Pony Rides
Explore the camp area/beach
Have a Picnic dinner
And hopefully get on the firework wagon ride

Thursday Plans (our last park day)

Park hours:
AK 9am-7pm
DHS 9am-7pm
Epcot 9am-9am (world showcase opens at 11am)
MK 9am-11pm (morning EMH)

Breakfast at castle: Mom, Sister, Niece, and aunt
the rest of us will show up at MK to do a few rides and then hop on the monorail over to Epcot

Top 5 for Epcot:
1. Test Track
2. Soarin'
3. Character Spot
4. The Seas with Nemo
5. Innoventions

If time allows:
1. France
2. Japan
3. China
4. Turtle talk
5. Living with the Land

Snackin' in Epcot
Hop on monorial back to MK

Nap/swimming/late lunch-early dinner at House

The evening is a BIG ????
for everyone to just go do whatever they didn't get to do
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #197
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

why am I not subscribed to this thread whoops...

Ok read the posts from your ADR's forward...sorry Jess. Lovin the plans and the flexibilty you have written in and of course using TOP 5's we love that! and when ever I hear of someone going in a large group which we have done, I think it is important to have all togehter time but more imprtant just that special "your family" time....

your days are looking great and WOW it is super close too!

J~

Last edited by mousescrapper; 02-27-2011 at 02:41 PM.
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #198
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
why am I not subscribed to this thread whoops...

Ok read the posts from your ADR's forward...sorry Jess. Lovin the plans and the flexibilty you have written in and of course using TOP 5's we love that! and when ever I hear of someone going in a large group which we have done, I think it is important to have all togehter time but more imprtant just that special "your family" time....

your days are looking great and WOW it is super close too!

J~
No worries, I'm subscribed to yours but tend to be more of a lurker since I'm so behind on everyones Tr's I don't comment cause I'm way behind. Well and now you finished it and I'm still not done catching up

So our plans keep changing and changing and I'm less than 2 wks away from our vacation

We recently have had some car issues, and I don't mean with our van I mean with the kids being upset sitting in the van. My husband and I have been talking the past two days and with the long drive down we want to give the boys a day to just relax and get use to the house before we jump into a park... so we will be driving Friday and Saturday, then Sunday we will sleep in (our only sleep in day) and do some swimming, do some grocery shopping if needed, maybe head to fort wilderness if the boys seem up to it, and do our group dinner at Chef Mickeys and either head somewhere to watch the water parade or try and view the fireworks from one of the resorts or do the firework wagon ride, it's really just going to be a whatever we feel like day (the only plan is our grand meal at chef mickeys)

oh and...

11 days until the boys drive cars
10 days until we wear mickey hats
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 03-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #199
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
No worries, I'm subscribed to yours but tend to be more of a lurker since I'm so behind on everyones Tr's I don't comment cause I'm way behind. Well and now you finished it and I'm still not done catching up

no worries...you can still read when you have a chance

So our plans keep changing and changing and I'm less than 2 wks away from our vacation

that's ok...it happens, it will all work out once you get started and see how things can be paced

We recently have had some car issues, and I don't mean with our van I mean with the kids being upset sitting in the van. My husband and I have been talking the past two days and with the long drive down we want to give the boys a day to just relax and get use to the house before we jump into a park... so we will be driving Friday and Saturday, then Sunday we will sleep in (our only sleep in day) and do some swimming, do some grocery shopping if needed, maybe head to fort wilderness if the boys seem up to it, and do our group dinner at Chef Mickeys and either head somewhere to watch the water parade or try and view the fireworks from one of the resorts or do the firework wagon ride, it's really just going to be a whatever we feel like day (the only plan is our grand meal at chef mickeys)

UH oh for the boys not keen on being in the car long...do DVD's work??

the first day sounds perfect...I try not to scheudle anything major on the first day either...it's hard work traveling.

oh and...

11 days until the boys drive cars
10 days until we wear mickey hats
YAY!!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #201
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the well wishes, this will probably be my last post until I return, as my internet has been down due to weather, and I'm scrambling to finish packing and preparing for the trip.

Our entire week of plans changed again, and I will share what we actually do when I return.

Several changes in life, including a resignation at work, so when I return from vacation I will have more time to DIS (but really more time with my kids)

And a possible move in the summer, which we should also find out about the week after we return.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #202
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Jessica, I hope you and your family have an amazing, magical trip!!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #203
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

sending lots of pixiedust too for a wonderful trip...sounds like you all need a great break and some good family time

Old 03-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #204
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Have a wonderful vacation! and safe travels!

Call me if you need any info while you are there.

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #205
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Popping in too to wish you a magical vacation It's finally here!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #206
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

yayayayayay! It's finally time!! I hope you have a really wonderful, wonderful trip, even with all the changes and unknowns!! It'll turn out great!! See you when you get back!

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #207
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Not sure you will see this before I see ya, but hope you have a wonderful, safe trip.

And my goodness, sounds like a lot of changes coming your way.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's A Sept 2014 TR
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #208
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the well wishes...today is the day

Jack is excited to get to take down the very last Mickey head

We'll be sleeping somewhere in Alabama tonight and tomorrow we'll be arriving in Florida

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: