Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #152
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post

...So you read it here first in 11 days I'll have a nice update, complete with pictures and a fun countdown party/reveal

Yay!

Glad Mom & Sis will get a chance to head out on their own for the day. If it's one thing I've learned about touring with extended family it's "Divide and Conquer!"

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #153
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Itinerary 1.0 and 105 days to go

Ok so here it is our Itinerary 1.0, I've titled it this because in the past it always changes

March 11 (Friday)
*We'll begin our day working or in school
*Departure day, we hopefully be on the road by 4pm
*The plan will be to drive for about 5 hrs and stay in a hotel (I need to figure out about how far that will take us)

March 12 (Saturday)
*Arrival day probably dinner time
*We'll unload all our bags into the house
*Take a trip to Walmart/Whole Foods
*If we are rested then we'll go get a sneak preview of the week to come by walking around DTD

March 13 (Sunday)
*AK day, trying for a park opening ceremony
*There is no break planned for this day, we'll just take it slow
*lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
*Dinner at Chef Mickeys (the whole family-Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Bea, BIL,SIS, niece, DH, Jack, Joey, and me)

March 14 (Monday-my birthday)
*We have an early breakfast at Crystal Palace
*Walking down and taking pictures on a nearly empty mainstreet
*MK day
*We will go home for a nap and swimming in the pool
*Lunch before the nap
*Early dinner before returning to the park for night time fun

March 15 (Tuesday)
*DHS day
*breakfast and lunch at home
*dinner at a QS location probably while waiting in line for Fantasmic

March 16 (Wednesday)
*Grandma, Sis, me- Kona breakfast
*Grandma, Sis- Universal Studios
*me- DISmeet with Melissa
*Aunt Bea, Grandpa, DH, BIL, Jack, Joey, Niece-relaxing day at home-swimming
*DH and me- dinner at ???(yet to be decided), either walking around hotel/DTD or Epcot/Illuminations

March 17 (Thursday)
*DH, Jack, Joey, me- MK opening ceremony
*Grandma, Sister, niece, ??? - CRT breakfast
*MK day for everyone
*lunch at home followed by nap and swimming
*possibly QS in the park
*fireworks night

March 18 (Friday)
*This is everyone's free day, so it's a mystery to even me

March 19 (Saturday)
*Time to head home
*But first maybe one more trip to DTD
*We'll try and travel a good amount this day so we don't have to drive so much Sunday (so we can relax before heading back to work/school Monday)

105 days until our trip, in 5 days we will reveal our countdown poster and have our first party
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #154
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great! I can't wait to see your countdown poster... I haven't put anything together for the boys yet - not sure what I'm even going to do. I'm planning to start counting down sometime after Christmas, which will be closer to 60 days for us. The boys get too wound up about it if we start too early. I might even wait until just before I leave for the Spectrum Mom's trip to reveal the countdown & have it start at 30 days.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #155
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

100 DAY countdown

So we are now 98 days away from departure, but 99 days away from our first day in the parks.
The other night we had our first countdown party. It wasn't the spectacular event I had dreamed up, but the boys had fun- and that is all that matters.

We came home and I had to think quick because it was only an hour before dinner, I managed to throw together some Mickey head shaped hamburgers and throw them in the oven so I could do other things before we sat down to dinner.

Jack surprised me by setting the table for us (which he has NEVER done before), but I told him I had a special dinner planned. The timer rang and the boys got excited for their surprise- Mickey shaped hamburgers, Jack LOVED them.

The next surprise when they ate their food was a special stamp set, they had to close their eyes and then I said open. It was a big hit, I'm thinking someone needs to go back to the dollar store and get more for stocking stuffers and for our trip in March.

After the boys continued stamping I told them we were going to watch a movie together:

Jack said this was the BEST family night ever.

Then I told them "We have 100 days before you get to see Mickey's Castle." (because that is what the castle is to them, it's Mickey's, not princess's, sorry girls, ) Jack jumped up out of the chair into my arms with excitement.

So while it wasn't the evening I had imagined, it was perfect.

p.s. my countdown poster is incomplete, so it will be used when we get to 50 days
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #156
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Well, Jess, from what I can see you don't seem to have disappointed the boys... looks like they loved their hundred-day-party!

Oooh... it's time for Double Digit Dancing!!!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #157
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Cute stampers! Do you have plans yet on how you are going to keep the boys entertained on the ride to and from Disney? I've got a bunch on little things stashed away to get to them on the road, I just can't decide if I want to wrap them or not....guess I'll see how they do with wrapped presents at Christmas.

Oh, and I wanted to give you a heads up about DTD on a Friday or Saturday nights in the evening....it can be really hard to find a parking spot near the Marketplace, you might have to park near the Westside.

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #158
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Well, Jess, from what I can see you don't seem to have disappointed the boys... looks like they loved their hundred-day-party!

Oooh... it's time for Double Digit Dancing!!!

Kathy
Yes I was very glad they were both in good moods that night, and they had a really GREAT time. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Cute stampers! Do you have plans yet on how you are going to keep the boys entertained on the ride to and from Disney? I've got a bunch on little things stashed away to get to them on the road, I just can't decide if I want to wrap them or not....guess I'll see how they do with wrapped presents at Christmas.

Oh, and I wanted to give you a heads up about DTD on a Friday or Saturday nights in the evening....it can be really hard to find a parking spot near the Marketplace, you might have to park near the Westside.
Thanks, nope, still no actual plans on entertaining them. I think my Mom is getting a portable DVD player for Christmas, cause she had dropped a clue. And we did end up ordering Jack his trampoline for Christmas, so that will get taken out at rest stops for a sensory break along the way. Where did you get little things? just everywhere? I've been trying to keep an eye out at the dollar store and the dollar area in Target, but haven't found any great buys like I did last year.

Thanks for the heads up on DTD. I was going to sell my double jogger, but I think I will hang on to it until after the trip. They both are going to need it, even though Jack is so big now.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #159
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessica!

What a lovely dinner you did for the boys! You're getting so close now, the time will just fly by!

Plans are looking good so far!

Di x

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Dr_Finkelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #160
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Looks like everyone had a great time at the party. And Mickey's Castle!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #161
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
So we are now 98 days away from departure, but 99 days away from our first day in the parks.
The other night we had our first countdown party. It wasn't the spectacular event I had dreamed up, but the boys had fun- and that is all that matters.

We came home and I had to think quick because it was only an hour before dinner, I managed to throw together some Mickey head shaped hamburgers and throw them in the oven so I could do other things before we sat down to dinner.

Jack surprised me by setting the table for us (which he has NEVER done before), but I told him I had a special dinner planned. The timer rang and the boys got excited for their surprise- Mickey shaped hamburgers, Jack LOVED them.

The next surprise when they ate their food was a special stamp set, they had to close their eyes and then I said open. It was a big hit, I'm thinking someone needs to go back to the dollar store and get more for stocking stuffers and for our trip in March.

After the boys continued stamping I told them we were going to watch a movie together:

Jack said this was the BEST family night ever.

Then I told them "We have 100 days before you get to see Mickey's Castle." (because that is what the castle is to them, it's Mickey's, not princess's, sorry girls, ) Jack jumped up out of the chair into my arms with excitement.

So while it wasn't the evening I had imagined, it was perfect.

p.s. my countdown poster is incomplete, so it will be used when we get to 50 days
Hi Jessica! I'm catching up all over the place.... what a GREAT night you had! I can't see your pics yet, I will from home but I wanted to pop in to say hello
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #162
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmasfrom my family to yours. I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #164
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!! Looks like the boys had a fun 10 day celebration! DH is at Home Depot right now getting supplies for our generator (expecting heavy snow tonight) & he's getting me some Mickey heads for our countdown!!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #165
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been so MIA again. I really need to catch up on giving you all my planning on this PTR and reading all your PTR's and TR's.

I've been consumed with plans for the DIS Spectrum Mom trip since Christmas. I leave in just two days Trying to get everything prepared and organized for work and home during my absence and of course figuring out the way to pack for a solo trip which I haven't taken since before getting married.

Update on my family trip: The only major thing is that our Vacation Home is PAID OFF Big Bananas to that one. The curse is over (knock on wood) and we are going.

More planning updates when I return from my trip this week. Hope you all are well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: