Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #137
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Yeah that!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #138
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Hello all, sorry I've been so MIA. Drama and more drama, everytime I feel like we have overcome an obstacle something else happens.

I am continuing my planning, it's all in my little notebook I carry in my purse, I will hopefully have some free time tomorrow to post my updates. But here are the life updates:

Jack transitioned into regular full time kindergarten a couple weeks ago. He is doing very well in school, he got a 100% on his first letter/spelling test. his behavior at home has been less than favorable though.

I took on a second title at my place of employment, and am also working on creating other programs for the center as well. Currently I've taken on tutoring/teaching a home schooled child that is on the spectrum. And I'm trying to start a moms support group and parents night out program. There are other programs in the works too, but those are the ones we are currently trying to get started.

My DH recently spent the day in the emergency room for a severe allergic reaction he had to something. So we are working even harder on making sure we are following the gfcf diet for both him and Jack. Which might alter some of our dining plans, though I added in a special dinner one night for just me and my husband. We've had a rough year I think we deserve one meal alone together.

That's about it, I'll post some new pictures of the kids with my trip update hopefully tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well and that I haven't lost everyone.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #139
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Still here.

Your a busy woman, so I'll be patient about the updates.

That's about all the programs you are working on. You obviously found your calling.

Sorry about the hubby, glad he is ok. And you are right, you deserve a nice romantic meal!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #140
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hey Jess, We're still here! It HAS been a wild ride for you this year; glad you came to join back up with us, so we can support you as best as we can. If you need anything let us know!!!

Great to catch up with you,

Liesa

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #141
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
...Which might alter some of our dining plans, though I added in a special dinner one night for just me and my husband. We've had a rough year I think we deserve one meal alone together.

Absolutely!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #142
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear things are going well with work!! I hope your DHs diet issues settle down soon - I'm sure that's really hard for all of you!!

I hope Jack's behavioral issues settle down too - I'm sure he'll get into the new routine soon!

Happy to hear you have a special meal planned for you & your DHS!! You definitely deserve it!!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #143
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Still here.

Your a busy woman, so I'll be patient about the updates.

That's about all the programs you are working on. You obviously found your calling.

Sorry about the hubby, glad he is ok. And you are right, you deserve a nice romantic meal!
Thanks I'm really having a great time at work.

Well it'll be a meal together, I don't know how romantic it will be, lol. Details coming up next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hey Jess, We're still here! It HAS been a wild ride for you this year; glad you came to join back up with us, so we can support you as best as we can. If you need anything let us know!!!

Great to catch up with you,

Liesa
Liesa, glad you are settling in, I popped over your TR, but man it's gonna take me awhile to catch up on 100+ pgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Absolutely!

Kathy
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Glad to hear things are going well with work!! I hope your DHs diet issues settle down soon - I'm sure that's really hard for all of you!!

I hope Jack's behavioral issues settle down too - I'm sure he'll get into the new routine soon!

Happy to hear you have a special meal planned for you & your DHS!! You definitely deserve it!!
Thanks Amy, I'm hoping he gets a handle on the diet quickly. We go back to the allergist the 23rd.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 11-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #144
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Our day with no plans has become a full day ;-)

So Wednesday March 16th was going to be the non park day, more for the kids, mostly Jack. But it has now become a fun filled day with plans all over the place. But still no parks will be visited by any children.

My sister is not such a morning person, but she'll have to learn to be on this trip and especially on this day. We have a girls only breakfast planned at Kona Cafe for some yummy coffee and probably some plate sharing so we can all taste the famous tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes. I'm also curious about the juice, I'm sure we will each try that as well.

After our delicious breakfast, I'll be driving my sister and Mom over to Universal for them to have an adventure. Mom is most excited about Harry Potter area, and they both will really enjoy the thrill rides. Don't know if I mentioned that my sisters husband doesn't ride roller coasters or really any wild rides. He is most definitely not a thrill seeker, and my Dad can't handle a lot of noise and jerky rides, so Mom and Sis are sure to have a GREAT day without worrying about anyone not wanting to ride something.

After dropping the thrill seekers off I'll head back to check on the boys and see if they need anything before I head off to my special DISmeet with a DISer I've been chatting with for about 2 years and can't wait to meet. Melissa aka jmskinner. We haven't made any plans yet, but I'm sure we will have a great time no matter which park we decide on.

The men with the children will be back at the house swimming, watching t.v., and playing games all day. It should be a relaxing yet crazy day, as is the case everyday with two little boys, and we are adding a little princess to the mix.

When I head back to the house it'll be a quick shower and change of clothes to head out for a surprise dinner alone with my DH. I'm sure I'll tell him as we get closer to the actual trip, but I'm not telling him just yet. I have two dining reservations booked for the same time:

Teppan Edo

and Whispering Canyon Cafe

I think he'd like the second choice more, but I've got to do a little research on the dietary issues. I had booked I think California Grill but neither of us would really eat anything on that menu. I LOVE that Disney now has menus with prices on their website. Now I don't have to go back and forth between so many websites. After our dinner I thought we'd take a night time stroll wherever we dined or downtown disney.

Then we'll stop to pick up the thrill seekers and get to bed for another early morning in MK.

Last edited by JPFamilyMom; 11-14-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #145
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Your new plans look great!! I love that you get some "you time" and the kiddos get their break all in the same day!

We love the food at Teppan Edo and not so much at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I found WCC to be very greasy. Disney is great about food accomodations at every restaurant, but I wondered about Teppan Edo until I saw it for myself. On my recent weekend trip there was a person with food allergies at the table next to us. The chef cooked that person's meal first then went on to cook the rest of the meals. My vote is for Teppan Edo! I've eaten there three times so just let me know if you have any questions.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 AM   #146
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessica! My yes, you two definately deserve a nice dinner for some alone time. Sounds heavenly! You are one busy Mom right now!

I loved Teppan Edo too, such a fun and different experience. The food was very delish as well.

Great plans with everyone doing their own fun things. It'll be nice to come back to one another and share how your day went too.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #147
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Great to hear from you again! I hope you will be able to have a wonderful adult dinner!

On the dietary restrictions: Do you know that you can get in touch with Disney on this and they will make sure to provide food that is safe to eat? The DISabilities board has lots of info on that. We had a note of my sister's food intolerances on all our ADRs and all places took care of her needs, some really in a wonderful way! The chef we spoke to at WCC was wonderful, as well as Jiko, where she even got a special lactose free menu!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #148
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to getting to meet you. Whatever you want to do that day, you know me, I'm up for anything.

You know I love WCC!!! But both sound good.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #149
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Your new plans look great!! I love that you get some "you time" and the kiddos get their break all in the same day!

We love the food at Teppan Edo and not so much at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I found WCC to be very greasy. Disney is great about food accommodations at every restaurant, but I wondered about Teppan Edo until I saw it for myself. On my recent weekend trip there was a person with food allergies at the table next to us. The chef cooked that person's meal first then went on to cook the rest of the meals. My vote is for Teppan Edo! I've eaten there three times so just let me know if you have any questions.
Greasy food is right up DH's aisle, however doesn't sit too well in my stomach, so we'll see what happens. I think Teppan Edo would be more couple-ish (as in the atmosphere, I hear WCC is loud) than WCC too. I might pick your brain in January

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi Jessica! My yes, you two definately deserve a nice dinner for some alone time. Sounds heavenly! You are one busy Mom right now!

I loved Teppan Edo too, such a fun and different experience. The food was very delish as well.

Great plans with everyone doing their own fun things. It'll be nice to come back to one another and share how your day went too.
Yes, I'll need to make sure everyone has a camera, and that they actually use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Great to hear from you again! I hope you will be able to have a wonderful adult dinner!

On the dietary restrictions: Do you know that you can get in touch with Disney on this and they will make sure to provide food that is safe to eat? The DISabilities board has lots of info on that. We had a note of my sister's food intolerances on all our ADRs and all places took care of her needs, some really in a wonderful way! The chef we spoke to at WCC was wonderful, as well as Jiko, where she even got a special lactose free menu!
Thanks, I do have the contact info for the dietary stuff, and I love that now when you make a reservation online, you can click on allergy issues. I did that on my recent adr's, have to go back and make sure they all have allergy boxes clicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Looking forward to getting to meet you. Whatever you want to do that day, you know me, I'm up for anything.

You know I love WCC!!! But both sound good.
I might lean toward Epcot, since I don't think we'll be visiting there this trip, at least not with the kids. But as long as you don't mind, I think you and I should decide the week or even the day before, I know that goes against all DIS planning but it would be fun to just fly by the seat of our pants

Old 11-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #150
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

ACK, did you see my ticker 111 days...

I need to get to work on finishing our countdown mickey head. Yes I am partially recycling the one we were using last time, I put so much work into it, I just need to change some of the mickey heads and the date of course. Pictures to follow in 11 days on the night of the BIG reveal/party (theme yet to be decided). I'm very glad that I actually get 4 days off for Thanksgiving, I normally have split days off (Sunday/Tuesday), so I'll be able to really get caught up on DISing, planning, and creating for my two upcoming trips. I have a list a mile long it seems

So you read it here first in 11 days I'll have a nice update, complete with pictures and a fun countdown party/reveal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: