Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #16
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamer1970 View Post
I'm in!! We are going to be at Disney from Dec 4 - 11 and are planing the same AK day and the same MCMCP!

I love, love, love the AK shirt....definitely my favorite!

That looked like an awesome birthday party! Very clever. DD will be turning 10 a week before we leave and I need to figure out what I am going to do for her party this year. Of course...she has no idea that we are going to Disney. Last year she had a Tink party....I guess I need to ask her what she wants so I can start with the planning of that.

I can't wait to read more!

Trish
to my PTR! I had subbed in to your PTR a while back, although I've just been a lurker, and so it's awesome to have you over on mine! I love that you have been able to keep the trip as a surprise! I wish I would have done that, it would be so much more fun to have to be sneaky about the planning! I also can't wait to see pics of your clues!

It seems like we have a lot in common, through our kids! My DS's 9th birthday is the week before our trip too, and my youngest DD's 7th birthday is 2 weeks before his - and she had a Tink party last year too We thought this year to keep it simple since it's right before Disney and close to Thanksgiving (when we'll be going to Michigan to my Grandpa's), that we will do a party somewhere other than home - there is a place close called "Cinema Grille" where it's set up like a restaurant and theater mixed together, and you order off a menu and watch the movie from your table which has super comfy seats. It's pretty awesome and you can reserve it for b-day parties - and Harry Potter is coming out in November so we're thinking of doing that as a 'together' party for them. That way they get a cool experience, and I don't have to worry about a mess and clean-up at home when I'll be trying to get everything ready to go for our 2 trips that are so close together!

The AK shirt is definitely my favorite too! I just love the Creative DISigns board - they are awesome! In fact I keep looking just incase I find other designs we like as much for the other days, but I'm going to be starting on the shirts next weekend so I'll have to make a decision soon and stick with it!

Hey - maybe I'll see you at AK or the Christmas Party!

Me DH DD16 DS13 DS12 DD10
December 2013 - Art of Animation Resort for our 2nd Magical Christmas at Disney!
December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite

Last edited by mom-n-michaela; 08-29-2010 at 09:48 AM.
mom-n-michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #17
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Just had to do a little celebrating that I finally made it to page 2 of my PTR! AND I just realized our trip is down to 97 days! That is unbelievable!!

A year and a half ago it seemed like it would take FOREVER to get here, but now it seems like it snuck right up on us. I need to get busy and finish the projects and shopping I have on my "To Do" list!

December 2013 - Art of Animation Resort for our 2nd Magical Christmas at Disney!
December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-n-michaela View Post
Just had to do a little celebrating that I finally made it to page 2 of my PTR! AND I just realized our trip is down to 97 days! That is unbelievable!!

A year and a half ago it seemed like it would take FOREVER to get here, but now it seems like it snuck right up on us. I need to get busy and finish the projects and shopping I have on my "To Do" list!
It will go so fast now....at least I hope so cause I am only a little ahead of you. I am anxious to see all your shirts!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #19
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

wow, what a gorgeous themed party! love it!! did she have a good time? the cupcakes and all the details are just fabulous!!!!!! you must have put a LOT of hard work into it!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:52 AM   #20
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Hi Mariah!!

We are going to be in WDW Dec. 1st - 13th, it is truly a magical time to go. What a great way to spend a vacation with your extended family.

My Bill laughs at me about planning too. They won't be laughing when we have a good trip though now well they?

Your families are so beautiful. The kids are going to love WDW, but you are so right WDW isn't just for kids, it is an amazing place for everyone.

Wow, how amazing that you get to use the timeshare for free, that is just wonderful. It is great about the 2 kitchens etc.

We are going to be in MK on the 5th, it is our MVMCP night. We are going to be in Epcot on the 7th, we are seeing the 6:45pm Candlelight Processional show.

You get to see MVMCP on my birthday!! Have a great time, it is truly magical, at least we think it is. We have done the Christmas party for the last 3 years.

Awesome t shirts and pressed penny designs, they are adorable!

The birthday party was so imaginative, really great.

Great PTR!!
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

3 months!!

Just a quick post to do a little dance because it's officially
3 MONTHS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY!!!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #22
exwdwcm

Quote:
Just a quick post to do a little dance because it's officially
3 MONTHS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY!!!

yeah for double digits- can you even imagine how excited we will be when we reach single digits!????

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 09-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #23
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
It will go so fast now....at least I hope so cause I am only a little ahead of you. I am anxious to see all your shirts!
It IS getting really close! I am so excited to see so many DISers that will be there some of the same time as us - I am trying to commit all of your faces to memory so that if I see you I can say "HI!"

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #24
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
wow, what a gorgeous themed party! love it!! did she have a good time? the cupcakes and all the details are just fabulous!!!!!! you must have put a LOT of hard work into it!
Quote:
yeah for double digits- can you even imagine how excited we will be when we reach single digits!????
Thank you so much - she really had a great time! She said it was her favorite of all her birthday parties, so that makes it a huge success in my opinion!

OMG I can't even *think* about single digits right now! My family will probably not even want to be AROUND me at that point...LOL! I am 99% sure I'm more excited than even the kids are (until we get there at least!)!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 09-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #25
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Hi Mariah!!

We are going to be in WDW Dec. 1st - 13th, it is truly a magical time to go. What a great way to spend a vacation with your extended family.

My Bill laughs at me about planning too. They won't be laughing when we have a good trip though now well they?

Your families are so beautiful. The kids are going to love WDW, but you are so right WDW isn't just for kids, it is an amazing place for everyone.

Wow, how amazing that you get to use the timeshare for free, that is just wonderful. It is great about the 2 kitchens etc.

We are going to be in MK on the 5th, it is our MVMCP night. We are going to be in Epcot on the 7th, we are seeing the 6:45pm Candlelight Processional show.

You get to see MVMCP on my birthday!! Have a great time, it is truly magical, at least we think it is. We have done the Christmas party for the last 3 years.

Great PTR!!
Thank you for all the compliments!! How cool that we'll be at MK and Epcot the same days - Maybe we'll see each other and can say "HI"! I really want to see the Candlelight Processional too, but still not sure, because I don't know if everyone in my group will want to. Maybe I'll just let them go on their way and I'll go see it myself, or me and SIL, and meet back up with them after...now that I think about it, that sounds like a good plan!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 09-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #26
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Hi Mariah!!

Great PTR!!
Oh! And I forgot to you to my PTR!! Subscribing to yours, 13 pages! Maybe I'll be able to catch up over the long weekend! I just love reading other December PTRs!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 09-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #27
GreatDaneMom
DIS Veteran

This Twilight convention will be going on across the street from Down Town Disney while you're there. Just thought your DD might be interested.

http://www.twilightconvention.com/ca...ht_orlando.htm
GreatDaneMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #28
exwdwcm

Quote:
Thank you so much - she really had a great time! She said it was her favorite of all her birthday parties, so that makes it a huge success in my opinion!

OMG I can't even *think* about single digits right now! My family will probably not even want to be AROUND me at that point...LOL! I am 99% sure I'm more excited than even the kids are (until we get there at least!)!
i know, my head will explode by the time we get to single digits. but it really isn't that far off. my october is so busy at work and home (bday parties, baby showers, bunco, halloween parties, 2 work trips etc.). So October will fly!

i think i want to do a countdown calendar for my son too. we are at the 73 mark now i think! woo hoo!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #29
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
i know, my head will explode by the time we get to single digits. but it really isn't that far off. my october is so busy at work and home (bday parties, baby showers, bunco, halloween parties, 2 work trips etc.). So October will fly!

i think i want to do a countdown calendar for my son too. we are at the 73 mark now i think! woo hoo!
Nope it's really not far at all - only 64 days!

I know what you mean about things getting busy...I think between all of October and November we have a few 'free' weekends - I need to get busy finalizing all of our plans. Gah!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite
Old 09-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
mom-n-michaela
Mouseketeer

T-shirt pics

Wow - the last couple of weeks have FLOWN by...sorry for the lack of updates. We've been dealing with a lot of drama with our youngest son...I believe I said earlier that we are getting ready to adopt our 3 youngest from the foster care system. They are all 3 siblings, and all had relatively the same experiences however the oldest (Chicken Little) is high-functioning autistic and I believe actually that has saved him from internalizing what happened to him - and the youngest girl (Tink) was really young when the worst of what happened to them occurred. However, our youngest son (Abu), who is the middle child of the 3, has not come out as unscathed as the other two. I believe this is due to the fact that mentally he was probably the most understanding of what was happening, the most 'present' for what the kids went through. He has a lot of emotional and behavioral issues because of it...we have been dealing with the roller coaster that is 'Abu' over the last year - he has a few good weeks but then one bad behavior turns into a hurricane of several weeks of bad behavior. I won't go into any details but basically the last few weeks we have been in the "bad-behavior hurricane". At any rate - this all goes to explain that I have gotten basically NOTHING Disney-related done for the last few weeks. No more plans made or tweaked, no projects completed - nothing.

However, the last few nights after the kiddies have gone to bed, I have been working pretty furiously to get our T-shirts done. I did not accomplish that goal - however - at the very least I got the T-shirst for SIL's family done (and about 1/2 of ours). Getting hers done was the even bigger goal because we are going down to their house this weekend for 'Ariel' and 'Sleeping Beauty's' birthday party, and I wanted to be able to take theirs with us, since we MAY only see them one more time (for Abu & Tink's birthday party) before we leave for Disney (and that is still an unknown due to BIL's work schedule). So I got all of their shirts done, folded and they are packed and ready to deliver! After I folded them for packing, I went ahead and took pictures, since these are the same designs we'll be wearing as well.

I'm glad I have most of them done because this is by far the biggest project I have on my 'Disney To-Do List', and the next 2 months are going to be entirely crazy so who knows how much time I'll have to work on any projects?? The first 2 weeks in October will be fairly normal, but then our schedule goes into over-drive until vacation - we are going camping the 3rd weekend in October (without the kids! Woohoo! It is our annual fall trip
with our besties, and I am SO looking forward to it this year!!), then the next weekend we are having a combo birthday party for Abu (his 9th!) and Tink (her 7th!), then of course the next weekend is Halloween. We do have a lull the first weekend of November, but the weekend after that I'm going on a shopping trip with my mom, my BFF and her mom. The next weekend we have blocked off completely for finishing up all of our packing and decorating
for Christmas. Then we have Thanksgiving - we are going to my Grandpa's in northern Michigan (a 6 hour drive), and the Sunday we come home, DH is going to Indianapolis (a 2 hour drive) to watch the Colts play at 8 pm (!!). Then we work for 4 days that week and head out for Disney on Friday! So my goal is to try to be as ready as possible several WEEKS ahead of time
as far as packing, Christmas shopping, and having the house in order & decorated for Christmas!

Hopefully, over the next 2 weeks I will be able to finish up the Penny Money & Pressed Penny tubes and the kids' boredom buster packs. I will be sure and post pictures of all the projects as I get them done.

Anyway - I am going to really try hard to keep updating over the next few weeks, but for now - without further ado, our t-shirts!!

DAY 1 - MAGIC KINGDOM

DAYS 2 & 4, DHS and EPCOT

DAY 3 - ANIMAL KINGDOM

I can't believe this! I was trying to resize all the pics to medium so they wouldn't look so huge and I clicked SMALL by mistake...I will have to wait until I'm home on my own computer to fix this one...haha...won't be messing with re-sizing anymore!

DAY 5 - MAGIC KINGDOM/MVMCP

Alright - I have to get back to work now More to come!

December 2010 - offsite
April 2003 - offsite

Tags
christmas 2010, pre-trip report, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: