Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
ZiPaD3doDAH
DIS Veteran

i would LOVE to see Tarzan & The Newsies.

<--Pls click these-->
ZiPaD3doDAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #17
Rose DiVerona
"If you finally found your laughing place...how come you aren't laughing?"

I love The Lion King; it was my favorite Disney movie as a kid, and it was the first show I ever saw on Broadway. I love listening to the cast recording.

I also really like the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, too, though I haven't seen it onstage...yet! Own The Little Mermaid's OBCR as well, and it's pretty good, but isn't a must-see for me.

Tarzan, on the other hand...that I would really like to see. Tarzan Rocks was a great show at the AK, and I love the power in some of the songs.

Hunchback of Notre Dame would be an interesting one. I actually only just got into the music from the film--it was never a favorite of mine when I was younger.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #18
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

I saw Beauty & the Beast on Broadway in NY before it was 'closing its doors'. It was AMAZING! It made me feel like a kid all over again. If it ever came to town (whereever I end up), I'd definitely go to see it again.

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #19
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Oh and I meant to mention this. I think Newsies would be fun to see. I do hope the rumors for it turn out to be true.

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #20
kelseighrox925
"If we die for them, Harry, I'm gonna kill you!"

I would love to see A Goofy Movie made into a stage show. The songs are perfect, so upbeat and catchy. And I think Elijah Kelley would make a killer Powerline.
kelseighrox925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #21
NYUBwayBaby
Mouseketeer

Hunchback of Notre Dame (Der Glockner Von Notre Dame) has already played in Germany, I believe. I have the cast recording, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Hopefully it won't suffer the same fate as Dances with Vampires- dark and apparently amazing in Germany, but terribly terribly campy in NY.

The only Disney Broadway show I've seen is Little Mermaid. It was alright- fun, but not my favorite thing I've seen. I saw a few minutes of Beauty and the Beast/got to go backstage when I volunteered for BC/EFA once. That was fun.

I honestly can't think of another show I'd like to see at the moment... I had a list at some point, but I can't think of a single one now. I suppose another "princess" musical, probably Aladdin. I heard somewhere that there's this rule that Disney doesn't really want to have more than one musical with a princess on Broadway at a time
NYUBwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #22
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

I would love to see Newsies on broadway, it would be perfect.

I've seen the Lion King and it blew me away. I was never a big fan of the movie but decided to see the show on tour and it was amazing.

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #23
Melnalala
Mouseketeer

If you had to pick one which would it be?
Melnalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #24
jpink23
DVC Member

if i had to pick any show... it would probs be hunchback as first choice then aladdin or robin hood! lol idk how rh would work, but it has some potential? right?
Old 08-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #25
Amber Leigh
Help! I just bid on another Disney pin on ebay!

Someone already said it but yes, they did do Hunchback on stage in Germany. At the time it was intended to reach New York, but never did. It was apparently still in development for adaptation in 2008, but that was the last time anything was mentioned about it.

For me I have seen Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Aida, Tarzan, and The Little Mermaid. So basically... everything in New York so far besides Mary Poppins. I am not a fan of Mary Poppins to begin with so I have no desire to go see it. My family went without me and loved it, but I would rather go see Lion King again at full before going to see Mary Poppins at a discounted price.

Their stage productions I feel have gradually gone a bit down hill. Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and Aida were all fantastic! Tarzan I personally loved more then the critiques seemed to but it had a few huge flaws in the plot changes they made that ruined the message of it as well as the character of Clayton. Annnnnnd then there was The Little Mermaid. God I am so happy only paid $26 for a standing room only ticket cus it was not worth much more then that. Total DISASTER. They took a bunch of staging elements that work well apart but put together created a total MESS. That plus the even more outrageous changes to the plot then what they did to Tarzan made it almost painful to watch. It had so much promise with the demo record I heard... and then it just didn't live up to all the hype.

As for what the future holds, the two titles that have been dropped though NOT confirmed are indeed Dumbo. What? I guess it could be cute with a little kid as Dumbo but there are SO many better plots out there to make into a musical. And though it pains me to say this the second title that is in heavy rumors is... Tim Burton's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland thought I DOUBT this is going to get much push at the moment since another production about Alice's adventures in Wonderland is already through workshops and projected for next season.

I have always thought that Hercules would make a great stage musical. It has the potential for some REALLY creative costuming and stage effects as well as I personally like the songs. It doesn't get enough credit in my opinion.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #26
melissa0208
Earning My Ears

B&B - loved it
TLC - PHENOMINAL!
Tarzan - loved it

My SIL saw MP and she said it was good.

OMG if Newsies ever came to Broadway I would probably freak out and would pay whatever they wated for opening day tickets.

melissa0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #27
kelseighrox925
"If we die for them, Harry, I'm gonna kill you!"

I saw Beauty and the Beast on tour recently...it was spectacular.
kelseighrox925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #28
Mickeynighttimemagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarscar93 View Post
I felt a little sad when I heard about a Toy Story musical.

No, thanks. Please keep my childhood on the big and small screens, Disney.

I really want to see Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins on Broadway, and my school's putting on Beauty & the Beast this upcoming school year. Can't wait to see it!

I nominate a Song of the South stage adaptation. Yeah, yeah, there's been racial controversy about the movie, but look at what you can get away with on Broadway.

I agree Song of the South would be a beautiful musical if given the chance.
Mickeynighttimemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #29
tweedlemom
DIS Veteran

I saw Mary Poppins just a few weeks ago in NY and it was AMAZING! Even my DS7 and DS9 loved it.

tweedlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #30
Butler_chic07
Mouseketeer

The Lion King by far is the best musical of all time!!! and I love musicals!

I think Princess and the Frog would be cool... it would be challenging, but the music in it is AMAZING, and if they can do The Lion King, I am sure they could find some creative way I can dream at least.

March 5th - 13th, 2010 CSR, Engagement Celebration
January 9th-14th, 2011 All-Star Sports, Wedding Planning Session Trip!
June 17th - 24th, 2011 Off-site timeshare, AKL, and POP Century, Wedding Trip & Honeymoon Part 1!
July 18th - 27th, 2012, All-Star Sports, "Delayed" 1st Anniversary Trip & Best Friend's Wedding
November 27 - December 1, 2013, All-Star Movies, Old Spice Classic (For the love of basketball)
June 14th - 16th, 2014 CBR
June 22nd - 23rd, 2014 Art of Animation

Finally a proud DVC owner at AKL

June 16th-22nd, 2014 AKL Jambo, Anniversary Trip, 1st Trip as DVC Owners

Officially Married my Prince in WDW on June 20, 2011
Butler_chic07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: