Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

Disney Survey

My apologies if there is already a thread about this.

In the past 3 days, I have spoken with 4 different CMs at the DRC. Each one I spoke with provided world class customer service and I want to encourage everyone who speaks with a CM to provide feedback to them while you're on the call and participate in the surveys they offer.

I've worked in customer service for nearly 20 years and I can say that the "good" comments are rare.

So please, if you've talked to a CM lately, please take the survey at the end of the call or go to http://www.disneysurvey.com/drc and do it online. It's only a few minutes of your time. Do this whether you felt you had a good experience or not. If you didn't, then be constructive in your criticism(s). Perhaps your poor experience will lead to a good one for someone else, or for yourself at a later date.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep72 View Post
My apologies if there is already a thread about this.

In the past 3 days, I have spoken with 4 different CMs at the DRC. Each one I spoke with provided world class customer service and I want to encourage everyone who speaks with a CM to provide feedback to them while you're on the call and participate in the surveys they offer.

I've worked in customer service for nearly 20 years and I can say that the "good" comments are rare.

So please, if you've talked to a CM lately, please take the survey at the end of the call or go to http://www.disneysurvey.com/drc and do it online. It's only a few minutes of your time. Do this whether you felt you had a good experience or not. If you didn't, then be constructive in your criticism(s). Perhaps your poor experience will lead to a good one for someone else, or for yourself at a later date.

I did it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Nice of you to post this reminder. I ALMOST always do the survey, but once in a while I just truly don't have the time. I do always thank the CM helping me - especially when I ended up not booking anything through them (that is how they make bonuses) - and most of the time they respond by saying what fun they have had on our call.

I, too, have worked in fields involving customer service over the course of MANY years and it is absolutely true - we scream at the top of our lungs when we get a real dunderhead experience, but tend to just smile to ourselves when all goes well. Ironically, it only takes a moment to put a smile in your voice and say 'thanks' to anyone in customer service - and it will always be appreciated.

I always begin what I anticipate as a negative conversation by asking their name, then kindly say their name followed by "I know that this is not your fault, but I'd like to ask that we work together to get this problem solved, okay?" You can almost hear the sigh of relief at the other end.

So, again, thanks for posting the gentle reminder!

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I too am someone who worked in Customer Service for 26 years and negative comments are what people normally leave feedback on. I always take the time to do the survey when I have a positive expierence but with Disney I have never left one when my time on the phone with a CM has been less than Magical , this is because from all I have heard turnover is high and I truely do not think it is always the CM fault, since if they are fairly new mistakes are made, knowledge comes with expierence and time and I don't wish to be the cause of someone perhaps losing their job.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

I'm curious to know if CMs are actually employed BY Disney or if Disney contracts out their customer service/call center work to a third party. I used to work for a third party call center and we took calls for DirecTV, but we were actually employed by the third party, not DTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I too am someone who worked in Customer Service for 26 years and negative comments are what people normally leave feedback on. I always take the time to do the survey when I have a positive expierence but with Disney I have never left one when my time on the phone with a CM has been less than Magical , this is because from all I have heard turnover is high and I truely do not think it is always the CM fault, since if they are fairly new mistakes are made, knowledge comes with expierence and time and I don't wish to be the cause of someone perhaps losing their job.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: