Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #1711
DisneyCrazyMomma
DIS Veteran

I guess in my opinion, none of the attractions are a waste of space. Everyone likes different things, so what appeals to you may not appeal to me, and vice versa, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be there. I didn't really love the Primeval Whirl ride in AK, but that doesn't mean that tons of other people don't...

I am going to ask a question that was asked a few questions up...

What do you say when someone says "You're going to Disney... again?"

The person who answered said that never happens to them (lucky! ) but I was wondering what someone does when it does happen to them... cause it does to me, a lot!

lots of miles each way to the mouse!

2009 room at CBR, 2010 room at CBR, 2011 Wilderness Lodge and three trips as a kid all offsite.
DisneyCrazyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #1712
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

I'm the one that asked that question previously! I get that question fairly often and I generally just laugh it off and tell them that Disney is my happy place. Can't imagine a better place to spend my vacation! (One friend who has always asked me the AGAIN? question has finally decided she might need to go see what it's all about. I'm planning their vacation now!)

What's your favorite sound at WDW? (a certain sound, a song, a feature in an attraction, etc)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1713
DisneyCrazyMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJacksGirl View Post
I'm the one that asked that question previously! I get that question fairly often and I generally just laugh it off and tell them that Disney is my happy place. Can't imagine a better place to spend my vacation! (One friend who has always asked me the AGAIN? question has finally decided she might need to go see what it's all about. I'm planning their vacation now!)

What's your favorite sound at WDW? (a certain sound, a song, a feature in an attraction, etc)
Ahhhh, I love planning for friends and family! My favorite sound - the clomping of the toy soliders in the Christmas parade. LOVE that! Your question leads me to...

What is your favorite smell at WDW?

2009 room at CBR, 2010 room at CBR, 2011 Wilderness Lodge and three trips as a kid all offsite.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #1714
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

The popcorn at the entrance to MK! That is my welcoming smell
If you could live at any of the parks which one and why?

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #1715
CapnJacksGirl

I'd live at DHS......and I'd sleep right on one of those dusty couches at the Hollywood Tower Hotel! I just love the feel of that park for some reason I can't quite nail down. Can I vacation at AK?

You're going to WDW and you have to pack your own food for the entire trip except you can eat ONE ITEM of Disney food.....what would you choose?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #1716
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Definitely a meat, let's see. The skewers of meat at Ohana's.

You're planning a family reunion. 100+ guest. You must stay onsite and everyone at one Disney resort. Money is not an issue, everyone pays for their own room. What hotel will the 100+ guest stay at and why?
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #1717
CapnJacksGirl

Hmmm, even though AKV is our favorite, I think I'd put everyone at Boardwalk. It's a nice resort, good sized pool area (without being so spread out as Stormalong Bay at BC), and it's a short walk to Epcot and all its restaurant options.....which we're going to need with all these people!

When was your very first visit to WDW and what was it like for you?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #1718
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

1990..............took 3 kids (2 of them mine). Stayed offsite and the rest of it was fine, but the trips got better and better

What is your favorite store to shop in?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #1719
DisneyCrazyMomma
DIS Veteran

World of Disney at DTD!!

What is your favorite parade?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #1720
Meriweather

ELP

What is your favorite land at MK and what is your favorite thing about that land?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #1721
CapnJacksGirl

It's kind of weird but I think my favorite is Adventureland. Besides being a huge Pirates fan, there's just something about the feel of that Land for me. And my DSs absolutely love the spitting camel and the tikis. I can't even tell you how much time we've spent standing in front of those!

What are your favorite and least favorite countries in WS and why?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #1722
Meriweather

Favorite is Japan..................love the store, the displays and watching the acts, especially Myuki
Least favorite is Italy.............we just seem to walk right by, nothing draws us there

What would you like to see added to DHS to give it more to keep you entertained.......it can be several things (it needs it )?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #1723
CapnJacksGirl

I'd like to see some things to make it more of a "studio" again, like it used to be. Maybe an attraction where you can act out a scene and have it incorporated into your favorite movie. I'd take out Lights Motors Action and most of the Backlot Tour, except Calamity (or is it Catastrophe, I always forget) Canyon, and bring in a Pixar Land.....some of Cars Land, some sort of Up attraction where you go up in Carl's house, something with Wall-E (because I just love him), etc. All the Pixar characters would be available to meet. I'd have Pixar Place start where it does now and extend all the way through Backlot. I'd keep Calamity (or Catastrophe) Canyon and add a few more things of that nature, theming it as a movie stunt ride-through that would put us into (maybe) classic movie scenes. I'd revamp Indiana Jones, maybe giving it two or three different shows so that it's not the same old one all the time (which I still like but would like to see something new). And I'd put in at least two GOOD restaurants, not expensive necessarily, just good. Remy would have his own restaurant, of course, in Pixar Place.

Someone on the boards recently was ready to jump off the ledge over not being able to smell the smoke in the Rome scene of Spaceship Earth. Is there a small detail similar to that, that if missing, would almost ruin that attraction for you?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #1724
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Absolutely not, I would be somewhat disappointed but it would not ruin my vacation whatsoever. However, to answer your question, the smell I would miss most on an attraction would be the smell of orange groves in Soarin, that is my most favorite part of the movie, but like I said, it would not ruin my vacation by any means and I will ride it again.

What is your favorite attraction/show that is no longer around?

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1725
CapnJacksGirl

I totally agree with your last answer! I wait for the orange smell from the time I sit down in the glider! But, like you, I would miss it if it wasn't there, but it wouldn't totally ruin it.

My favorite attraction that's no longer there is Alien Encounter. I loved that attraction......and I detest the Stitch fiasco that replaced it. Bring back AE or change the seats/restraints so that you can take your child in there without fear of them having a panic attack you can't help them with!

Which vacation would you choose.......4 days at WDW, with all 4 days spent at the parks OR 10 days at WDW, but you could only go to 1 park for 1 day with the rest of the time spent at the resort?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: