Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #61
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Chuck & I made homemade fresh salsa tonight. We were going to have steak fajitas but he decided he isn't really in the mood. Instead I'm getting strawberry shortcake for dinner. That was always a treat for us growing up. Bisquick Biscuits with fresh sliced strawberries. Off to the kitchen to make some biscuits. Chuck will have his on sponge cake dessert cups.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #62
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Stephanie and I headed off to Baltimore so very excited to see our friends again. We were also looking forward to meeting Becky's brother. We went to a really big mall for some shopping first. We hit the Disney Store and I found some great buys. Had to pick up a birthday gift for one of the other grandsons as well as gifts for the newborn and his two brothers. Then I went and tried on some new sneakers that are supposed to help in exercise. They felt weird but I know I need a new pair so I bought them. That is my story and I am sticking to it!!!

On the way down, we used my GPS and I kept telling Stephanie that if she tells us to turn right but stay left, we gotta do what Rhonda says. (DH and I had to give her a name.) Well, she was a little frustrating today cause if the exit had an A or B she would say both letters and it seemed to take us around the Baltimore airport instead of a more straight route. At least she didn't have to 'recalculate' once

So on the way home, we used Stephanie's I-phone. Hers gave a more direct route but at every exit would tell us to stay left and did not give enough warning to get over to take a certain exit. Hers also lets her know if she is going over the speed limit by a certain amount. So every 5 miles or so, you could hear Stephanie telling her phone to 'shut up'

So since I live in a very rural location, her gps kept trying to get us back on the right track when I knew exactly where we were going. It got so frustrated that as we were turning onto the road going up to my street, the system said.................

"Please turn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(pregnant pause)..........soon

I literally thought I was gonna pee my pants.

This first picture is of Stephanie, me, Becky and Stephen

We really had a grand time and hated to leave.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #63
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Sounds like the Baltimore meet was a huge success, glad you all had a great time

Happy Birthday Theresa!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #64
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

We had a ball yesterday!! It was wonderful to see everyone again. Decent food and great conversation. You can hardly beat that combination.

Bob and Kristin persuaded me to spend the night in Baltimore and I enjoyed some quiet time. But I am wide awake now and getting packed to head back home. I ought to be there when they wake up!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-11-2010, 03:31 AM   #65
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Theresa!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #66
Mommy2EmMoLu
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Theresa!!

Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #67
Mommy2EmMoLu
DIS Veteran

Had a great time yesterday with everyone!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #68
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

happy birthday, theresa!!!!

ETA: Okay, how is that happening? With Katie and Theresa's messages I type in all caps, hit post and it posted to all lower case. Elin's posted as typed, though. Huh.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
Old 07-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #69
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Another quiet day around here, at least for a couple of hours anyway. I think everyone is coming over for lunch and maybe to swim though so it won't last long. And they have their instructions of what to bring if they're coming.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
Old 07-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #70
bear74
DIS Veteran

well the pain so far today is gone. I wish the scanner was hooked up so I could show you all the sono pics we got on Friday of the babies. they were literally on top of each other. I will make sure Jeff gets the scanner hooked up before Thurs. as we will hopefully get some good pics at the sono. My OB tried to hear their heartbeats but she said their were to many angels. She told me I would get a sono every visit. I finally get to go 4 weeks before returning. Of course thats because I have sono on Thurs. and she will be out of town in 3 weeks so I get to go 4 weeks. She said it will be the only time. I gained one pound. thats all I have gained so far. According to a book on twins I found I should gain 20 lbs by 20 weeks. will see. Still nauseated but the combo of Pepcid and zofran is working pretty good so far.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #71
bear74
DIS Veteran

love all the pics on here and facebook from yesterday,
Old 07-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #72
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
well the pain so far today is gone. I wish the scanner was hooked up so I could show you all the sono pics we got on Friday of the babies. they were literally on top of each other. I will make sure Jeff gets the scanner hooked up before Thurs. as we will hopefully get some good pics at the sono. My OB tried to hear their heartbeats but she said their were to many angels. She told me I would get a sono every visit. I finally get to go 4 weeks before returning. Of course thats because I have sono on Thurs. and she will be out of town in 3 weeks so I get to go 4 weeks. She said it will be the only time. I gained one pound. thats all I have gained so far. According to a book on twins I found I should gain 20 lbs by 20 weeks. will see. Still nauseated but the combo of Pepcid and zofran is working pretty good so far.
Don't worry too much about the 20 pound mark. I never hit that! I was so sick, that I actually lost weight. My babies were born healthy at 5 pounds each.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees
Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #73
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Don't worry too much about the 20 pound mark. I never hit that! I was so sick, that I actually lost weight. My babies were born healthy at 5 pounds each.
good to know

Last edited by bear74; 07-11-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #74
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

The Baltimore meet looked like a lot of fun. Too bad we live so far away. I am totally looking forward to our WDW meet though.

We got our hair cut today and I think we've mostly finished packing. Even got a few bags into the car. I have a few more rooms to clean, but it's too hot at the moment. My parents took the boys to their house swimming so we've been picking away at projects. Chris is going to try to get Wednesday off and if he does we will leave on Tuesday. I hate having everything up in the air, but I guess that it's motivation to be ready early.

Deb
Old 07-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #75
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
The Baltimore meet looked like a lot of fun. Too bad we live so far away. I am totally looking forward to our WDW meet though.

We got our hair cut today and I think we've mostly finished packing. Even got a few bags into the car. I have a few more rooms to clean, but it's too hot at the moment. My parents took the boys to their house swimming so we've been picking away at projects. Chris is going to try to get Wednesday off and if he does we will leave on Tuesday. I hate having everything up in the air, but I guess that it's motivation to be ready early.
Have a great trip, can't wait to hear about it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: