Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:56 AM   #3691
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Good Morning,

Glynis I hope you had a wonderful birthday
Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #3692
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Vicki - I am glad you got the dad-burned treadmill together! Enjoy using it.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #3693
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA.

Going to try to teach a somewhat normal schedule today. I need the normalcy.

As of 7:30 last night Bob was still stable. We are hopeful that there will be a change for the better in the next couple of days.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #3694
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, DDA.

Going to try to teach a somewhat normal schedule today. I need the normalcy.

As of 7:30 last night Bob was still stable. We are hopeful that there will be a change for the better in the next couple of days.
I'm glad he is stable. Is there any expected recovery pattern for this type of stroke?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #3695
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
I agree with Deb it sounds like a pain in the but to put together. Glad you got it together. Will it fit out the main door, if you have to move?
Yes, it will fit through the main doors. Now that the screws have went in once, if I did have to take it apart, it wouldn't be bad. There weren't really that many steps. It was just the screws that were too tight for the holes that created the problem. The rooms are rearranged and everything is in its final resting place. I'm going to do my 1/2 hour walk/run at 8pm. It was well worth it!!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #3696
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes here and on facebook! It really made my day!

We kept it really low key this year. The kids and Alan made me breakfast, then I pampered myself with a haircut. The kids cleaned the house, and Katie made a cake. Alan took me out to dinner and to pick out a cover for my Nook.
All in all, it was a really nice day!

This weekend, we are going to my dad's. It's his 80th birthday, and there is going to be a HUGE open house/reception. The community has been invited, as well as his colleagues in the theater world. Should be a ton of fun! I'll have to remember to take lots of pictures!

Elin - How is Bob doing tonight? How was going back to teaching?

Vicki - Congrats on the new treadmill! We really need a new one! Unfortunately, we need a lot of things, so that is kind of low on the totem pole, right now.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others
Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #3697
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Yesterday was an amazing day. Bob woke up and made such a ruckus trying to talk to me and write on my palm that the nurses put out a call to any doctor to come and write permission to remove the breathing tube. They did and he hasn't shut up. I stayed with him for 8 hours yesterday and he talked constantly. His speech and voice have been affected (but his mind is still sharp) and I can understand about 95% of what he is saying. He is still having to use the feeding tube though, because he can't pass their swallowing test yet. When that happens he has given me a list of food and drink "wants" that spans three notebook pages. I came home to check on the dog (who ate pottery last night.... there is no end....) and to eat lunch. I am going back with renewed hearing! Thanks for sharing in my delight.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #3698
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Yesterday was an amazing day. Bob woke up and made such a ruckus trying to talk to me and write on my palm that the nurses put out a call to any doctor to come and write permission to remove the breathing tube. They did and he hasn't shut up. I stayed with him for 8 hours yesterday and he talked constantly. His speech and voice have been affected (but his mind is still sharp) and I can understand about 95% of what he is saying. He is still having to use the feeding tube though, because he can't pass their swallowing test yet. When that happens he has given me a list of food and drink "wants" that spans three notebook pages. I came home to check on the dog (who ate pottery last night.... there is no end....) and to eat lunch. I am going back with renewed hearing! Thanks for sharing in my delight.
That is truly fabulous news
Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #3699
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Quote:
This is so wonderful!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #3700
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #3701
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quick explanation of the pottery dinner for Button: I was heating up some leftovers in the microwave for dinner. When I took the bowl (stoneware) out of the microwave to move it to the countertop it slid right out of the potholder and smashed to the floor. Button, who is always on the lookout for a people treat was Johnny-on-the-spot and started gobbling chicken casserole before I could get the darned mitt off my hand! There were two halves of the bowl and two shards about the size of a tangerine wedge on the floor in the midst of the food. She swallowed the first shard whole and this 14 1/2 year old, 25 pound, monster-mouthed and apparently cast-iron stomach/colon bearing dog chewed the other one and swallowed it. The vet had me soak six pieces of bread in water and force her to eat them. There was no forcing. She ate all six of them and was still looking for more food. Needless to say I have been on bathroom duty for the past 24 hours and so far, the only thing I can say is it just looks a little sandy. I guess that means her system broke the rest of it down! I will keep an eye on when comes out of her today too, but... c'mon Fate: cut me a break here!

Old 01-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #3702
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

I am keeping an eye on your thread as when it hits 149 I was going to close it. I saw the "Button" story and was laughing so hard I was crying. You are a great bunch of ladies, I need to come on your thread more often. Let me know when you set up a new thread and I will close this one down. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #3703
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Started a new thread my friends:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post39705852

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: