Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #1441
webprinter
DIS Veteran

What is the cost for the Haunted Carriage ride?

webprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #1442
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quick question about Mickey and Minnie. Are they in their Halloween outfits all day on party days or do they switch over at a certain time? I want to make sure we get a pic with them in their costumes (don't care which one) but I wasn't sure what time we should go. TIA!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #1443
aenelson
Queen in Training

I paid 60 dollars for two people, but I think its 60 per carriage.

I am going on the 18th as well but at 9:30! It has to do with the headless horse man and such.

"He's my sun, my moon, my stars, my Disney Prince!!"
aenelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #1444
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Hi All,
Me and my family are going to MNSSHP the first time this year. I was thinking of doing this (amongst other things obviously):

9:30 Watch the fireworks
10:05 Watch the Villains show
10:30 Watch the parade

What is the best way to do this? Is there somewhere to stand that is good to watch all three from, i.e. that is a good place for the parade on its route? If so, where is it? Or maybe watch the fireworks on main Street and then move up near the castle and watch the show and parade from the same place? I just thought it would save standing 30 minutes plus just waiting for the parade.

Thanks,
Matthew
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:19 AM   #1445
thadarkslayer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Hi All,
Me and my family are going to MNSSHP the first time this year. I was thinking of doing this (amongst other things obviously):

9:30 Watch the fireworks
10:05 Watch the Villains show
10:30 Watch the parade

What is the best way to do this? Is there somewhere to stand that is good to watch all three from, i.e. that is a good place for the parade on its route? If so, where is it? Or maybe watch the fireworks on main Street and then move up near the castle and watch the show and parade from the same place? I just thought it would save standing 30 minutes plus just waiting for the parade.

Thanks,
Matthew
In years before, I've always ended up on the castle side of the hub for all three of those things. You get a pretty good view of the fireworks. You're close enough to the stage for the villains show, can go grab a spot in line afterward if you want to meet them, and you're already on the parade route. Essentially, you can just stay in one central area, and knock a few things out.

Funnily enough, I was talking about doing just that in another thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2561282 a few days ago. I was attempting to figure out how to not stand around for 2 hours, but it's always worked for me in the past. How does that saying go? If it's not broken, don't fix it? LoL

(1990 - Offsite) (1991 - Caribbean Beach Resort) (1994 - Caribbean Beach Resort)
(2000 - Port Orleans Riverside) (2002 - All Star Music) (2003 - All Star Movies) (2004-2005 - The Cast Member Years) (2006 - All Star Music) (2007 - MNSSHP - offsite) (2008 - March Offsite, October MNSSHP & Food and Wine Offsite) (2009 - February Free Birthday Offsite, December MVMCP Offsite) (2010 -MNSSHP Offsite) (2011 - Hanson at Food and Wine and WWOHP Offsite) (2012 - OMDD - All Star Sports) (2012 - June Disneyland Offsite and October MNSSHP and Hanson at Food and Wine All Star Sports) (2013 February - All Star Music, August - All Star Sports, September - Food and Wine - offsite)
thadarkslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:17 AM   #1446
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenelson View Post
I paid 60 dollars for two people, but I think its 60 per carriage.

I am going on the 18th as well but at 9:30! It has to do with the headless horse man and such.
it IS $60 per carriage...can take up to 4 adults.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #1447
jlhay
Mouseketeer

The popcorn bucket is $7.75 and can be purchased at any of the popcorn carts throughout the park. It's not flavored popcorn but as earlier poster said can't imagine them not selling it to you empty if someone didn't want the popcorn. They were filling them as ordered so easy enough to do

I'm going back with family oct 28. Getting worried about crowds or selling out. How likely is that? Thought I'd read that Halloween is only night that consistently sells out. How crowded is it in busy nights? It's still better than a really busy day at MK right?
jlhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #1448
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadarkslayer View Post
In years before, I've always ended up on the castle side of the hub for all three of those things. You get a pretty good view of the fireworks. You're close enough to the stage for the villains show, can go grab a spot in line afterward if you want to meet them, and you're already on the parade route. Essentially, you can just stay in one central area, and knock a few things out.

Funnily enough, I was talking about doing just that in another thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2561282 a few days ago. I was attempting to figure out how to not stand around for 2 hours, but it's always worked for me in the past. How does that saying go? If it's not broken, don't fix it? LoL
Would it be better to watch the fireworks further back (on Main Street) for a better view and then move to the place you describe above?
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #1449
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
Quick question about Mickey and Minnie. Are they in their Halloween outfits all day on party days or do they switch over at a certain time? I want to make sure we get a pic with them in their costumes (don't care which one) but I wasn't sure what time we should go. TIA!
Mickey and Minnie are only in their Halloween costumes during MNSSHP. During the day, they are in regular clothes. They switch over at 7:00pm and rotate their costumes throughout the night.

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

or like us and receive updates on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unoffi...43447969002418
mickeyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #1450
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

Alright, so let me get this straight-- Space Mountain was left off of the map but it is open?

I read that someone rode it twice in one night.. what about from any of the later parties?

I just don't want to get my hopes up and it not be open!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #1451
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
Alright, so let me get this straight-- Space Mountain was left off of the map but it is open?

I read that someone rode it twice in one night.. what about from any of the later parties?

From everything I have read it is open. It was left off the map possibly because they used a template from last years map and at that time Space was down for a refurb.
Others have also posted that the map has already been re-printed to reflect it being open.
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #1452
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
From everything I have read it is open. It was left off the map possibly because they used a template from last years map and at that time Space was down for a refurb.
Others have also posted that the map has already been re-printed to reflect it being open.
Thank you so much for the info!!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #1453
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhunter View Post
Mickey and Minnie are only in their Halloween costumes during MNSSHP. During the day, they are in regular clothes. They switch over at 7:00pm and rotate their costumes throughout the night.
Is there a specific meet n greet area for them??? This is my first party and if I want a photo with any characters at all it will be them..... Is it photopass?
05/14 Disney College Program #2! Kidani --
02/13 Disney Fantasy & CSR -- 05/13 AKV Mothers Day!! -- 06/13 WL -- 08/13 OKW --10/13 POR F&W/MNSSHP -- 12/13 ASP MVMCP/Candlelight! -- 02/2014 Disney Fantasy
01/13 -- Disney College Program!! - SSR
02/12 Disney Dream -- 08/11 BLT - Kids 1st Trip "Home" -- 09/11 POR F&W/MNSSHP
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #1454
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post

For the first party 9/14/10 Space Mountain was not listed on the map, but it was open.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #1455
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenelson View Post
I just called the 407-W-DISNEY, they directed me to the right place. Another person was also able to do the same thing, I read it on the disboard some where. They also told me how booked the Haunted Carriage ride was. I have no idea why they would not tell you? Unless they were just giving me a "blow off" number lol
Alright....now I'm getting frustrated. I called the above number three times, spoke to ticketing, and each time I was told by the CM that they cannot see the percentage/capacity at which the tickets for a specific date are sold to date. Even said there was no one they could transfer me to to get that info. Am I asking the wrong question?? Wondering if those who got answers were just given a "blow off" number like the above poster mentioned

October 2007~All Star Sports
November 2008~CBR
October 2009~Port Orleans Riverside
October 2010~Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
jhpatrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: