Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #1411
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
Does anyone know if these will typically sell out before the last parties? I don't want to get too excited but that popcorn bucket is CUTE.
No kidding! I thought everyone was talking about just another cylinder shaped one. I thought we don't need ANOTHER one of those. Now I want this one.

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #1412
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

I see that October 31st has sold out, as expected. Does it typically sell out around this time (earlier/later)?

Also, we plan on going November 1st, but we want to wait to buy our tickets until we are there to make sure the weather is good and no one is sick. We'll be there about a week before that date. Are the odds pretty good that date will still be available? I could switch things around to pick an earlier date, but I thought this one might be the least crowded. My biggest worry is that if something happens and we can't go on Nov. 1st, there are no more parties left to go to!

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #1413
mickeym96
Mouseketeer

Location: a quaint little drinking town with a cheese problem in Southern Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
Here is a picture of the souvenir popcorn bucket during MNSSHP. Sorry I can only do this via link instead of having the picture show up itself!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51565129@N08/5018550019/
OMG!!!! That is SO CUTE!! I HAVE to have one!!!!!!!! Could you Please tell me where I can get one?
June 1986 w/ family, Oct. 1999 w/ 4 friends, Oct. 2002 gift from Best Friend, Nov. 2007 gift from Best Friend again!
Oct. 2010 Celebrated my new house, BFF's birthday, & BFF's DD's divorce
Oct. 2013 Solo trip Celebrating ME!

mickeym96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #1414
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Ornament MNSSHP Shirt Exclusive Pin Reusable tote bag And now a souvenier popcorn bucket

Looks like everytime I go and think I will spend less on gift shop merch I end up being wrong

Thanks for posting the pic of the popcorn bucket-- I too thought we were just talking about some round plastic bucket -- but that little thing is so cute we may have to buy two to use as around the house halloween decos next year.

I have updated the first post again to add times of events and a couple more videos links !!
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 09-24-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #1415
aenelson
Queen in Training

Does anyone know if it is flavored popcorn, I do not like the taste of reg popcorn, but want a bucket. Or can they sell it w/out popcorn? I do not want to just throw it away...

"He's my sun, my moon, my stars, my Disney Prince!!"
aenelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:07 AM   #1416
dance2874
DIS Veteran

Worried about the rain

We are headed to MNSSHP late next week and with tropical storm Matthew out there possibly headed to the US I am worried about the rain. Can anyone tell me what things are typically canceled at the party if it rains? I really want to go but if they cancel the fireworks and/or parade we will be so disappointed!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #1417
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

WOW - just saw October 31st is sold out. I suspect that folks who wanted to go then and didn't buy tickets will buy the dates closer now (i.e. October 29th, etc.).
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #1418
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
WOW - just saw October 31st is sold out. I suspect that folks who wanted to go then and didn't buy tickets will buy the dates closer now (i.e. October 29th, etc.).
Or watch eBay.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #1419
Bets19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
Does anyone know if these will typically sell out before the last parties? I don't want to get too excited but that popcorn bucket is CUTE.
I agree! I love the bucket but since I am going Nov. 1, I worry about items selling out. I've heard both if an items sells out prior to the last few parties that's it and also all parties have the items... maybe someone knows a more definate answer????

Again THANK YOU ALL for all your party posts, tips and pictures. I cannot wait to go...rain or shine!!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #1420
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenelson View Post
Does anyone know if it is flavored popcorn, I do not like the taste of reg popcorn, but want a bucket. Or can they sell it w/out popcorn? I do not want to just throw it away...
If you ask I don't see any reason why they wouldn't sell it to you empty. You'd be paying the same price of course, but it'd be better for them since that's more popcorn to sell.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #1421
featherface
Mouseketeer

Skyway

Can someone please explain where the Fantasyland Skyway area is,
featherface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #1422
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherface View Post
Can someone please explain where the Fantasyland Skyway area is,
It's the big fenced-in stroller parking area to the left of It's a Small World. Long ago it was the entrance area to the Skyway. During the party there's no stroller parking in there, instead, it's the photo area for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #1423
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I think that popcorn bucket is just tooooooo cute!!! I see another poster asked but I don't see the answer. Where can you get them? Anyone know how much they cost?
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #1424
7mtina
Earning My Ears

Hi there! My husband and I are headed to WDW (WITHOUT THE KIDS!! ) Oct 21 - 26. I really want to check out MNSSHP one of those nights. I see there are 3 while we are there, Thurs the 21st, Fri the 22nd, and Sunday the 24th. I would kind of like to check weather before commiting to a date. Also, my first choice would be on the 21st but I worry a teeny bit about a flight delay messing us up on that one.

Do you guys think we stand a good chance of one of those nights not selling out before our arrival so that we have the chance to make a more educated decision on which night to attend and even check on weather etc? I know you guys cant guarentee anything, but if you think that Thursday or Sunday night will likely be sold out since they are close to Halloween, I might go ahead and pre-order that Sunday ticket and just hope the weather is good. (The reason I prefer Thurs is that is our arrival time, the travel from here to there is not tiring and we actually pick up an hour so midnight in Fl is only 11 to us .... and if we just go to another park we would have a very short day as we wouldnt likely be able to get to a park before 4 PM that day.)

Thoughts? Advice? Bring it.

Thanks in advance!
7mtina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #1425
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I am curious to know what the capacity cap is for party nights. Purely for interest sake.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: