Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #1366
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
1. Is it still confirmed that Space Mt. is closed during MNSSHP?
The party map I got on 9/14 did not list Space Mountain, so I thought it was going to be closed, but later I witnessed that Space Mountain was indeed open during the party.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #1367
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Mine's sitting on the floor next to my laptop bag at the moment, but yeah, I do love it If it didn't have all my trip paperwork in it, I'd be using it to carry things to work
Well after your trip I think you should do just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I'm bringing that same bag! Right now it has all my trip paperwork in it.
I saw yourpicture of the bag and got all excited thinking it was going to be amongst this year's party merchandise .... then you go and ruin it by saying you are bringing it from home [/QUOTE]

Sorry! I'm sure they'll have an equally as cute bag for purchase at Disney, but the ebay idea is a great one.
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #1368
Kelliroo3
A Disney World fan

To answer some questions Space Mountain was open on the 18th-there was even a sign mentioning it being open. And we saw a lot of people in costume, as well as people with a Halloween T-shirt on or a Disney T-shirt. And, there were plenty of people with "regular" clothes on.
First trip to Disneyland: July 2010
First December trip: December 2011
Kelliroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #1369
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Thank you! Now you are MY DIS friend too!
Yay! What party are you going to this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Well after your trip I think you should do just that!
I normally would be right now, but I have too much junk to carry to and from work right now (weather fluctuations = sweater and umbrella and stuff, plus other things). So I'm carrying my Save Planet Earth bag with the aliens from Toy Story on it

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #1370
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
He's one of the primary reasons I'm going to the party!!

I think I'm going to plant myself right in front of the flag pole near the train station on Main Street. I'm thinking I'll see him come straight down Main Street from Frontierland, and then go around the circle to my right. If I'm lucky, I may be able to rush to the side closest to the Emporium and see him exit through the backstage entrance. Think this will work????
And yet another question - how long before the parade does he come out?
Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #1371
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
I still have a few maps left if anyone else wants one, just let me know before 8m tomorrow and i'll mail them from here, otherwise I will send them when I get home. I just mailed out a batch for anyone who let me know already. We had such a great time at the party, I think anyone going will have a wonderful time!

Terri
I sent you an email today, not sure if you have any left but I would sure like one if you do!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #1372
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdisneytime View Post
== my eyes are burning trying to take all this info in == i feel armed and dangerous .. but there is one question (which totally shows the glutton in me) ... I read that someone was disappointed in the candy this year and they asked if it would "kill" Disney to spring for snickers at $50 a pop? Specifically what I would like to know is === what are they talking about? Is there a problem with the candy this year? No candy? Cheap candy? can someone fill me in?

Thanks guys and gals.
I wondered the same thing and am also curious. Of course any candy we don't want can be given out at Halloween when we get back home if we don't like it.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #1373
DontCallMeJunior
Second City Saint

I'm dressing up as Indiana Jones for the MNSSHP and wondering if anyone could tell me if I could bring a whip into the park. I doubt it, but just wondering because it completes the Indy gear. Help?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 AM   #1374
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I believe the policy is no real or realistic weapons (I suppose that's how they can get away with the lightsabers and little plastic swords being sold )

So I would think your whip will have to be left at home....

You can have some one bring a rubber snake and repeatedly scare you with it... that would be funny LOL
ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #1375
jrnunzio3
DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by teedee
I still have a few maps left if anyone else wants one, just let me know before 8m tomorrow and i'll mail them from here, otherwise I will send them when I get home. I just mailed out a batch for anyone who let me know already. We had such a great time at the party, I think anyone going will have a wonderful time!

Terri

Terri,
Just wanted to Thank You for the map . I received it on Monday.
Jenny
jrnunzio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #1376
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Yay! What party are you going to this year?
On the good advice of the wonderful DISers on this thread, I went with October 12th (a Tuesday).
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #1377
lizlovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnunzio3 View Post

Terri

Terri,
Jenny
Yes, I received mine Monday also. THANK YOU very much!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #1378
SkinsFan76
Mouseketeer

We went last night and it was great. Walked right over to Frontier land at the start of the parade, got a great spot right in the begining and saw the horseman. The parade started a few minutes later and it was awesome. There was plenty of chocolate. We definately got quite a bit of it. Lots of snickers, chocolate balls, milky way, 1000 grand, 3 musketeers, clark bar, twix, york peppermint pattys, M&M's, and O henry bars. Of course a 3 y/o helps on getting good stuff. There were plenty of people dressed of all ages. We would do it again, but will wait until my son is older to enjoy it more.

DIS Dad Club Member #416
SkinsFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #1379
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnunzio3 View Post

Terri

Terri,
Jenny
I received mine too and am very appreciative for you sending these. I was so happy to get some Mickey mail!

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #1380
Robin K
DIS Veteran

I haven't read through the whole thread yet ( work keeps getting in the way ). We attended two parties; 14th and the 18th. We were allowed in at 4:00. We loved them both for seperate reasons. We did the rides and dance parties the first night with little interest in candy stops. We did work around to some of them-we just didn't stop ALL the time. The second party we took time to do the villians show, the parade, the fireworks and all the candy stops. We love going to this party! We were dressed as twins--it was my mom and myself. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them.
Hope everyone has a great time
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: