Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #1351
Kelliroo3
A Disney World fan

Went to the 18th party and had an amazing time! It was our first party! =) Saw a lot and did a lot! Fantastic.
First trip to Disneyland: July 2010
First December trip: December 2011
Kelliroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #1352
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoff79 View Post
Does the headless horseman ride before both parades? I seem to recall a couple of years ago that he didn't do the second one, but I don't know if that's because the weather was threatening or if he just does the first one. Thanks!
Also can anyone tell me where he starts? Is it Main Street or Frontierland?

Also one more question for the experts. Since this is our 1st time I'm not sure what's ok & what would be considered tacky. DS wants to bring his own trick or treating bag. It would be for both of us. It's a tote I purchased at Disney 2 yrs. ago. I'm just not sure if I'd get strange looks because it might be too big. Here's the pic.

Would this be ok? Thanks.

Last edited by horselover; 09-21-2010 at 10:47 AM.
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #1353
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

i think it's a perfect tote! and it's mickey! bring it for sure!

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #1354
mymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post

Also one more question for the experts. Since this is our 1st time I'm not sure what's ok & what would be considered tacky. DS wants to bring his own trick or treating bag. It would be for both of us. It's a tote I purchased at Disney 2 yrs. ago. I'm just not sure if I'd get strange looks because it might be too big. Here's the pic.

The Headless Horseman starts in Frontierland.
mymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #1355
kabbie
DIS Veteran

Do the Villains mingle after each performance? I was thinking of attending the 7:45pm, but wasn't sure if they would do a meet & greet so close to parade time? Forgive me if the question has been asked & anwered.

Read about a WDW Vet solo trip to Disneyland
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1355408
1991 Offsite 1992-1997 Lived in Tampa; Visited as a Day Visitor several times a year 2000 Offsite-Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway 2002 Offsite Jan 2004 Marriott Village (I work for Marriott) Dec 2005 All Star Vacation Home Sept 28-Oct 3, 2006 POR (First time on property!) Feb 6-10, 2007 1st time at Disneyland (Anaheim Fairfield) Sept 26-Oct 5, 2007 WL/BWV Dec 12-14, 2007 Marriott Village (free room)Dec3-10, 2008 Marriott Grande Vista May 16-21, 2009 BWV Dec 12-17, 2009 POFQ/BCV/VWLOct 20 - 24, 2010 Marriott's Sabal Palms Aug 3-8, 2011 Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott Suites
kabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #1356
lizlovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Bring the bag! People will be envious, not jealous! And who cares anyway! It's YOUR vacation! Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #1357
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:

I'm bringing that same bag! Right now it has all my trip paperwork in it.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #1358
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymouse View Post
The Headless Horseman starts in Frontierland.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I'm bringing that same bag! Right now it has all my trip paperwork in it.
Don't you love this bag! Right now it's hanging on the door to DS's room. Every time I see it it reminds me how close it's getting! Hope you have a great time.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #1359
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Don't you love this bag! Right now it's hanging on the door to DS's room. Every time I see it it reminds me how close it's getting! Hope you have a great time.
Mine's sitting on the floor next to my laptop bag at the moment, but yeah, I do love it If it didn't have all my trip paperwork in it, I'd be using it to carry things to work

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #1360
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:

We always bring our own Pooh and Tigger pumpkins and get tons of comments and questions of where we got them. We've had them for years and bring them back every time!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #1361
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:

I'm bringing that same bag! Right now it has all my trip paperwork in it.[/QUOTE]

I saw yourpicture of the bag and got all excited thinking it was going to be amongst this year's party merchandise .... then you go and ruin it by saying you are bringing it from home
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #1362
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I saw yourpicture of the bag and got all excited thinking it was going to be amongst this year's party merchandise .... then you go and ruin it by saying you are bringing it from home
You can always order it from eBay I know I saw a bunch on there when I looked for a Dis friend.

Me DBF
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #1363
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
You can always order it from eBay I know I saw a bunch on there when I looked for a Dis friend.
Thank you! Now you are MY DIS friend too!

I have a question about the MNSSHP photo discount. What picture prints are discounted if you purchase them (the ones on your card from the party night)? Are there any restrictions, as in certain photos not eligible for the discount? I was wondering if ride photos also get the special price or is it just the meet n greet ones? Thanks for any help. This is our first party and I am trying to be informed so I don't waste party time asking silly questions when the answers are on the DIS.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #1364
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Two questions (and I haven't had time to read through all the posts):
1. Is it still confirmed that Space Mt. is closed during MNSSHP?

2. We won't be doing costumes; instead, we dress in Halloween t-shirts. I have had a time finding ones I like. I finally found mine--a black one with "happy halloween" written with rhinestones. The only thing I could find for my DH and DSs was the ghostbusters icon shirt. They tend to be a little sarcastic about the whole Halloween thing (like last year, my DH wore a shirt that read "This is my Halloween Costume."), but I don't want the ghostbusters shirts to be taken as too sarcastic. I'm probably reading way too much into it! Just wondering what you guys thought about this idea.

BTW, I'll be there for the Oct. 7th party!!! Can't wait!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #1365
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I have a question about the MNSSHP photo discount. What picture prints are discounted if you purchase them (the ones on your card from the party night)? Are there any restrictions, as in certain photos not eligible for the discount? I was wondering if ride photos also get the special price or is it just the meet n greet ones? Thanks for any help. This is our first party and I am trying to be informed so I don't waste party time asking silly questions when the answers are on the DIS.
When we have purchased photos in the past using the MNSSHP discount code, we have received 40% off all photos ordered, not just the ones from the party. This was when ordering online - not in person at the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
Two questions (and I haven't had time to read through all the posts):
1. Is it still confirmed that Space Mt. is closed during MNSSHP?

2. We won't be doing costumes; instead, we dress in Halloween t-shirts. I have had a time finding ones I like. I finally found mine--a black one with "happy halloween" written with rhinestones. The only thing I could find for my DH and DSs was the ghostbusters icon shirt. They tend to be a little sarcastic about the whole Halloween thing (like last year, my DH wore a shirt that read "This is my Halloween Costume."), but I don't want the ghostbusters shirts to be taken as too sarcastic. I'm probably reading way too much into it! Just wondering what you guys thought about this idea.

BTW, I'll be there for the Oct. 7th party!!! Can't wait!!!
Many folks have reported that they have ridden Space Mtn during the parties.

Lots of folks wear Halloween shirts instead of full costumes. It's all in the spirit of the night!

See you on the 7th!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: