Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #1291
sharig5576
momof2boys

I had a question for all of you Halloween pros We're going to MNSSHP Halloween night getting there at 4pm. My boys are 3 and 5, so we will be hitting the first parade in case they pass out in the stroller later in the night. What time should I go stake out a spot for parade viewing? And where would be a good spot to watch? I was thinking Main St would be too crowded...

And where is a good place to view Hallowishes? When should we find a spot for that?
sharig5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #1292
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I only scanned the first post and the last 3 pages, but has anyone yet scanned and posted the brochure from this year's party?

Thanks - we just decided to go on Halloween and I don't want to be quite as clueless as I was the times we went before when we lived in Florida (2004/2005). Now that I've become compulsive Disney planner ... I need a plan!

edited: nm - found it myself!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV

Last edited by vicki_c; 09-19-2010 at 09:38 PM.
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #1293
disneynewbeemom
DIS Veteran

Does anyone ever attend more than one party while in WDW? The night of the party will be our only time at MK. We know that we want to ride many of the rides, see the parade, fireworks, dwarves, pooh, mickey, and donald. There is no way to get all of this done in one night. Would we be crazy to spend the money to go twice?
disneynewbeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #1294
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynewbeemom View Post
Does anyone ever attend more than one party while in WDW? The night of the party will be our only time at MK. We know that we want to ride many of the rides, see the parade, fireworks, dwarves, pooh, mickey, and donald. There is no way to get all of this done in one night. Would we be crazy to spend the money to go twice?
It depends on how you feel about it. I'm going on this trip alone, and I'm going to the party 3 times. Twice, I'll be with other Disers and I'll be alone on the last one. It really depends on if you and your family feel like it'll be crazy or worth it to go more than once.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #1295
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We always go two nights. Or maybe some of the group goes once and the hard core Disney lovers (my daughter and I) go twice. It really takes the pressure off to do it all in one night, so we can slow down and really enjoy it.

And if this is your only MK time, then 2 nights is a must! Parties are a great time for rides if it is your only park time. Lines are typically shorter than during the day, even on sold out nights. If you add on some characters and the parade and fireworks though, you'll run out of time. 5 hours seems like a long time, but it's not.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #1296
momtoejanda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been thinking the same thing but another $55 a ticket per night (there are 5 of us) after spending money on an 8 day ticket...I am just not there yet. I think one night will do it for us
momtoejanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #1297
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I go twice but only because I can't see all the characters in one night and I can dress up one night and not the other. I consider the first night a "working" night. That's when I get all the character pictures I can for my blog. The next time I go i wear a costume and enjoy the other events like the parade and fireworks.

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

or like us and receive updates on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unoffi...43447969002418
mickeyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #1298
E&K's Dad
Mouseketeer

Question

Thanks for all the great information. . .

My DS is dressing up as Captain Hook. . .If we want a picture with Hook where is the best place to catch him, after the Villains show or in Adventure land near Pirates?
E&K's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #1299
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&K's Dad View Post
Thanks for all the great information. . .

My DS is dressing up as Captain Hook. . .If we want a picture with Hook where is the best place to catch him, after the Villains show or in Adventure land near Pirates?
In adventure land captain hook is a roaming character which means there is no set line to meet him. After the mix and mingle, captain hook is the second line to the left of the castle. It might be easier to meet captain hook in adventure land.

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

Old 09-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #1300
FourM's
Mouseketeer

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but is it true you need to attend MNSSHP to see Hallowishes? On the fence about the party but if thats the only way to see Hallowishes I might have to suck it up and buy a ticket.

DVC-RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
FourM's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #1301
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourM's View Post
Pretty sure I know the answer to this but is it true you need to attend MNSSHP to see Hallowishes? On the fence about the party but if thats the only way to see Hallowishes I might have to suck it up and buy a ticket.
Unless you watch it from a resort location, yes. They don't show Hallowishes outside the parties.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #1302
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourM's View Post
If you only want to go to see the fireworks, I suggest viewing the fireworks from a resort. My favorite resort to view hallowishes from is the beaches of fort wilderness. They pipe in the music and you can see the whole show. Many people have their favorite resorts to view fireworks but this is one only because they have good speakers by the boat dock. The music is what makes the fireworks special!

Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #1303
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I went to the party last night!!

Updated MNSSHP CHARACTER LIST (same characters, some location changes)

Also, here is my 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTER REPORT

I just got done looking at all your photos -- How Awesome -- You met so many ! I have went through all my pics and crossed off any that we already have pics of from previous visits because DH tires very easy of the standing to take a photo with a character deal. And I know that I have to keep my expectations low otherwise we will all be disappointed

I will once again be updating the first post to reflect all the up to the minute info --- Thanks again for all the time and info you have provided to all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhunter View Post
I go twice but only because I can't see all the characters in one night and I can dress up one night and not the other. I consider the first night a "working" night. That's when I get all the character pictures I can for my blog. The next time I go i wear a costume and enjoy the other events like the parade and fireworks.

Let me just say your pics of the characters in their costumes had me salavating !! I so can NOT wait to go to the party. I may have to ditch DH at Space Mountain so I can enjoy everything ! Thanks for sharing your great info and photos
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 09-19-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #1304
brivers222
Former DVC member

Quote:
Never been to one before (nor been to Disney in October) but this trip starting Oct 9th, we are going to 2...

We aren't spending lots of time in MK and we are staying offsite so we are using the parties as our EMH. The price of the party for two adults is cheaper then one night in a disney resort to get the EMH.... and we get 5 hours extra not 3
Old 09-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #1305
Sand
Mouseketeer

We love the popcorn buckets. Thanks for letting us know they were available. My kids like to put crayons, markers and play doh stamps in the buckets.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: