Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #1276
Nutz4Dizney
DIS Veteran

I just finished catching up on this thread after about 30 pages my eyes started to blur LOL So I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered.

1. Will the Dwarfs be out at 7:00 or 7:30 this year? Last year they were not out until 7:30.

2. I'm guessing I will have to "fight" for a photo opt with Jessie, Woody and Bullseye. Last yeat Bullseye and Jessie had their own photo line. I'm not there for the parties I'm there to meet the characters. Why couldn't they just leave my character lines ALONE LOL

Disney even messed with the Stepfamily instead of them having a nice line they are letting them ROAM. What is wrong with Disney

I'm going to the party on Sept 31st and Oct 3rd. I hope to get all the characters like I did last year.
Sept 2002 Poly - Sept 2004 CR - April 2005 PC - Sept 2005 CR - Sept 2006 CR - Dec 2007 CR - Dec 2008 POFQ - Sept 2009 PORS - Sept 2010 CBR (Pirate Room) - Sept 2012 POP - Sept 2013 CBR - Sept 2014 AoA (CARS)
2 Disney Cruises June 2006 Wonder - August 2007 Wonder

Nutz4Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #1277
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz4Dizney View Post
I just finished catching up on this thread after about 30 pages my eyes started to blur LOL So I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered.

1. Will the Dwarfs be out at 7:00 or 7:30 this year? Last year they were not out until 7:30.

2. I'm guessing I will have to "fight" for a photo opt with Jessie, Woody and Bullseye. Last yeat Bullseye and Jessie had their own photo line. I'm not there for the parties I'm there to meet the characters. Why couldn't they just leave my character lines ALONE LOL

Disney even messed with the Stepfamily instead of them having a nice line they are letting them ROAM. What is wrong with Disney

I'm going to the party on Sept 31st and Oct 3rd. I hope to get all the characters like I did last year.

Dwarfs came out at about 7:15 on the first night. They said they were supposed to start at 7:00pm but Bashful was being bashful.

I'm right there with you. As an adult character hunter, I do not like having to dance my way to a photo op or stalk a roaming character to get a picture. It seems like these roaming characters just create chaos.

I do understand that the dance parties are probably really fun for childern. Maybe they need to make a hybrid dance party/meet and greet. Kind of like the villians mix and mingle but involving the kids. They could have participants do a couple of dances then have the characters come down for meet and greet. Just a thought.

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

or like us and receive updates on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unoffi...43447969002418
mickeyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #1278
teacher31
DIS Veteran

We, DH and myself, decided to go afterall! We will be going on 10/17 for the third year in a row. I don't like Halloween but I can't wait for the Boo to You parade. Now that song is stuck in my mind!
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
teacher31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #1279
usasoccer10
Earning My Ears

Mnsshp

Hi there is forum is very helpful. I have a few questions that I want to clear up before We go to our very first MNSHP on Oct. 3. My questions are:

1) We are looking forward to getting our pictures with Maleficent and Jafar after the Villians M&M. Where are there lines located so we can wait there during the show for these villians? Is it possible to get both characters during one show or more likely one and then come back for the other one?

2) I read the Mickey and Minnie switch costumes through out the night. I read that there are a pirate/princess and then a magician/witch. Both would be cool photo ops but I was hoping to get them in their puple halloween costumes. Does anyone know when throught the night they switch and when the most likely time I would get to see them?

Thank you!!!! Can't wait to read more about the parties to make it go faster until we are there ourselves.
usasoccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #1280
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

I've skimmed over the pages since the party began, and I didn't see this answered, though I might have overlooked it.

Are they doing the "enhanced" photopass photos this year? Last year there was one set up in front of the Haunted Mansion and one over by the river boat landing where you posed a certain way and then something was added into the photo after it was taken.

Thanks!

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #1281
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I went to the party last night!!

Updated MNSSHP CHARACTER LIST (same characters, some location changes)

Also, here is my 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTER REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz4Dizney View Post

We did the dance party during the second parade and I was able to get all three characters with little fighting. I just jump in and say can I take a quick picture and they'll stop for about 3 seconds. Make sure your photographer is ready and fast!

Tremaines were not roaming last night, we found them with a nice organized queue at Castle Couture. There were there all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usasoccer10 View Post
1) We are looking forward to getting our pictures with Maleficent and Jafar after the Villians M&M. Where are there lines located so we can wait there during the show for these villians? Is it possible to get both characters during one show or more likely one and then come back for the other one?

2) I read the Mickey and Minnie switch costumes through out the night. I read that there are a pirate/princess and then a magician/witch. Both would be cool photo ops but I was hoping to get them in their puple halloween costumes. Does anyone know when throught the night they switch and when the most likely time I would get to see them?

Thank you!!!! Can't wait to read more about the parties to make it go faster until we are there ourselves.
1) When you watch the show, do it from the far left side (looking at the stage) and verify with the attendant that's where Maleficent's line will be. If you are one of the first couple people for Maleficent then you should have time to move into Jafar's line and meet him. We did that last night with Dr. Facilier and Captain Hook and had some time to spare at the end.

2) Timing will not help you on this one. You can try asking the attendant (in a whisper so other Guests do not hear) that you are specifically interested in Magician/Witch Mickey and Minnie. This is not guaranteed to work though, so good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That'sNotVeryMagical View Post
Are they doing the "enhanced" photopass photos this year? Last year there was one set up in front of the Haunted Mansion and one over by the river boat landing where you posed a certain way and then something was added into the photo after it was taken.
Yep - we did the one in front of the mansion. We did not see the other Photographer, but were told someone was also doing the Hitch Hiking Ghost in the HM area.

Last edited by Berlioz70; 09-19-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #1282
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Not sure if I missed this in the thread but does anyone know if you can take the photopass pictures during the party and have them added to your prepurchased cd or are the ones taken at the party considered "special/separate"?
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #1283
disneynewbeemom
DIS Veteran

It sounds like the 7 Dwarves came out at 7:15 on the first night. Was this the case with the other nights?
disneynewbeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #1284
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

photopass pictures from the party will be on your preordered cd. if you have more than one card on your stay you just enter all of them (including halloween partypics) when you get home and they will all be on the cd. you do not have to purchase the pics at the party.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #1285
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

The dwarfs were out right at 7:00 last night (sept. 18).
Old 09-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #1286
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrericha View Post
Anyone know how long the lines were for face painting?
Not short, especially at the start of the party on Tuesday 9/14. We did decide to get in line much later in the night, I forget exactly what time but probably around 10pm. There was probably a good 20 people in line. The line moved quickly at that point and the face painters are SO FAST. We also went "off menu" and asked for a simple Mickey ears on the cheek for my son, as he was not interested in a full face mask.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #1287
twinkle49
Mouseketeer

Loving this thread. We are going to our 1st MNSSHP on Halloween. Question - what time do they put out the party merchandise (spec. the pins)???

twinkle49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #1288
njbeachbum
Yeah I Like Disney, you got a problem with that?

We just got back from WDW and while we didn't get to the Halloween party, we did have dinner at the California Grill last night (Sept. 18) and saw the fireworks from the observation deck, and they were stunning. I have never seen fireworks that spectacular ever, anywhere. It was breathtaking.

njbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #1289
talfonso
An Avid Disneyphile

I'm going to my first MNSSHP in a few weeks! Muetti is going to dress as a guitar, while I'm going to be a rock star - no, make it a Radio Disney artist because I'm wearing a Pluto hat as part of my costume! Don't they just go together?

talfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #1290
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle49 View Post
Loving this thread. We are going to our 1st MNSSHP on Halloween. Question - what time do they put out the party merchandise (spec. the pins)???
Usually not until the party starts at 7.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: