Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #1261
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeinvienna View Post
Just for the record...I pretty much idolize you and all of your Disney knowledge

Thank you for the info!!
AWE - thank you!!!!

And you are quite welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
The map says character meet and greets will take place until 11:30 throughout the park. Does this mean at 11:30, all characters leave or the lines close??
Many locations have characters until 12, however, they will start cutting lines so you wouldn't be able to just hop in line at 11:59. Characters will start cutting out shortly before 12 depending on when their attendants cut the line. They will almost always leave earlier than 12 rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkinstlouis View Post
quick question, do the 7 dwarves sign or just do the picture thing ? My daughter collects signitures on her hats each time
They do not sign. Please see this list to see which characters sign: 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTERS

Last edited by Berlioz70; 09-18-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #1262
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymouse View Post
The night of the 14th I saw Headless Horseman popcorn buckets out of MNSSHP!
The kids love the popcorn buckets, so we will wait till the party to get one...thanks everyone!
BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #1263
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
The kids love the popcorn buckets, so we will wait till the party to get one...thanks everyone!
DH is going to kill me if i bring home one more popcorn bucket (so i'll hide it )!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #1264
bonrea
Family-Above All Else In Life

This will be our first year attending MNSSHP also. We will be there Oct. 28th. Really do hope to see other DISers there.
bonrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #1265
GroovyTeach
Earning My Ears

I am soooo excited after reading this! Does anyone know how crowded the September parties get??
'06: Walt Disney World--Saratoga Springs
'06: Disneyland--Fairfield Inn Mariott
'09: Walt Disney World--OKW
'09: Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Wonder
'10: Disney's HHI Resort
'10: Walt Disney World- Bay Lake Tower (MNSSHP)

Up next: Disney's HHI Resort June '11
Off Property WDW July '11

DVC Members: BLT
GroovyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #1266
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

went to the sept 14 party and had a blast! saw both parades, second one was less crowded but not THAT much less crowded. watched hallowishes, trick or treated till midnight and rode a few rides. weather was great! you can still take pics with the carriage, and the dwarfs, and we hung out at the dance party in tomorrowland for a bit, and saw a lot of characters with short lines (we didnt stop but for one) treat bags still small, we bring our own. we once again enjoyed it! I will post pics on my blog at some point, link is in my siggy!

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #1267
PixiePoppins
Wishing Upon a Star

Long time Disney traveler here, but first time to MNSSHP (Oct 19th). I love a good plan of attack. Below are our must-do items. I'm trying to figure out the best time to watch Villians. Any advice from you MNSSHP experts on the order and timing of things would be very appreciated!

Must Do:
7 Dwarves
Villians Show
Fireworks
Parade
Haunted Mansion

We will fit in trick or treating, other rides and characters as available.

Thanks!!

PixiePoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #1268
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

line for dwarfs stayed long all night, so I don't know if there is a good time for that,maybe during one of the parade times, then hit the other parade?

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
heatherlynn444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #1269
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePoppins View Post
Long time Disney traveler here, but first time to MNSSHP (Oct 19th). I love a good plan of attack. Below are our must-do items. I'm trying to figure out the best time to watch Villians. Any advice from you MNSSHP experts on the order and timing of things would be very appreciated!

Must Do:
7 Dwarves
Villians Show
Fireworks
Parade
Haunted Mansion

We will fit in trick or treating, other rides and characters as available.

Thanks!!
This is our list also!

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #1270
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrea View Post
This will be our first year attending MNSSHP also. We will be there Oct. 28th. Really do hope to see other DISers there.
Keep your eyes open for my DD3 and I! We'll be there!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #1271
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone -
I have finally had time to catch up on all the recent posts Tons of awesome pictures,videos and info from the first party ! I have supplied links to the photos and video in the first post so they do not get lost in the large thread. I hope this is okay with everyone who posted. It is so appreciated that you all took the time to share your experience.

I have also updated the character list supplied by Berlioz70- thank you again !

Please let me know if there is anything else that can be added/updated in the first post - I am happy to do so and want to keep everything as current as possible.
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:37 AM   #1272
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
DH is going to kill me if i bring home one more popcorn bucket (so i'll hide it )!
You need to learn to "disguise" the buckets at home. I use mine for storing things in like DD's hair accessories, my cookie cutters, picnic cutlery ... so instead of making it look like you buy too many buckets, it makes you look like you keep things tidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Hi Everyone -
I have finally had time to catch up on all the recent posts Tons of awesome pictures,videos and info from the first party ! I have supplied links to the photos and video in the first post so they do not get lost in the large thread. I hope this is okay with everyone who posted. It is so appreciated that you all took the time to share your experience.

I have also updated the character list supplied by Berlioz70- thank you again !

Please let me know if there is anything else that can be added/updated in the first post - I am happy to do so and want to keep everything as current as possible.
Thank you so much for this. And thank you to everyone who has contributed in any way to this thread. I bought my tickets for our very first party on October 12th and I would go as far as to say that almost all the information I have been able to get has come from this thread. I hope to see some DISers. I have made a LGMH.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #1273
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

List?

Anyone have a list of the highlights of this thread? I've gotten behind and only read sections. I would love a copy to read on my roadtrip to Disney. Leaving next week!
princessreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #1274
clukas
Mouseketeer

Dinner before the party

Does anyone had a recommendation for where to eat before the party? I currently have reservations at The Plaza resturaunt at 4:10 or the Liberty Tavern at 4:30. I noticed the Liberty Tavern has a fixed menu for dinner so I am leaning towards the Plaza but would appreciate anyone's views.

If you have any other suggestions I am open to it and can try and make an ADR but there seems to be very limited availability.

Thanks.
clukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #1275
ARamsay
Earning My Ears

Just back from orlando so sad!!
Had a brilliant time, the halloween party was great, the weather was brilliant aswell last year it rained the whole night so they didn't do the headless horseman but we got to see him this year.

I was dressed as snow white so had a great time with the dwarfs and when I met Snow White after I got my photo taken with her I asked her if I could have one just with the prince so that was fun!!! One of my sisters loves tinkerbell so she was dressed as tinkerbell and has a tinkerbell tattoo on her leg so was so happy when she met tink and she was even talking to her about her tattoo, my other sister and my husband were meant to be going as mr and mrs potato head but we ran out of time so they bought costumes at walmart when we got there my sister went as a purple fairy and my husband was a whoopie cushion which got a lot of laughs everywhere we went!!

Had a great time will upload some pics xxx

04/09/09 - 18/09/09 - Honeymoon Orlando - Doubletree resort, International Drive
04/09/10 - 18/09/10 - Villa in Kissimee, celebrating
1st wedding anniversary, mum's 50th and sisters 21st
ARamsay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: