Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #1156
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlovesdisney View Post
All this reading is getting me SO excited for the trip! So my questions are starting! Is the map going to show where all the character dance parties are? I'd love to go to Woody's Happy Harvest Roundup, but at this point, have no idea where that or any of the other parties are!! Thanks to all who respond! What a big help!
Here is the map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm

Woodys is in Frontier land in the Diamond Horsehoe Review.(liberty Square)
the other is in tomorrow land-- rocket tower plaza

on the map just look at the symbols and it will tell you where the dance parties are being held
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #1157
baler31
DIS Veteran

Are the Pooh characters still in Town Square ? Are they only out the first half or randomly ? Thanks.
baler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #1158
crain
Earning My Ears

Are the lines for all of the characters really long all night or only the 7 Dwarfs? Does it make sense to wait until later to try to get Mickey & Minnie and Pooh & Friends? Thanks- it will be my first time going and I am so excited
crain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #1159
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Question Mnsshp

I really have only one more question. How does Toon Town change over for the party. If we want to get the Princesses and Princes or Mickey/Minnie etc, is it best to be there at 7pm or try later?
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #1160
LC30
DIS Veteran

Face Painting

Where is the face painting and is Small World still closed? Do you know when it re-opens?
4 Night Disney Wonder May 2009 - First Disney Cruise
WDW + MVMCP Dec 2008, WDW + MNSSHP Oct 2008, WDW April 2001

LC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #1161
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crain View Post
Are the lines for all of the characters really long all night or only the 7 Dwarfs? Does it make sense to wait until later to try to get Mickey & Minnie and Pooh & Friends? Thanks- it will be my first time going and I am so excited

Some of the lines will be short late into the evening near closing. But keep in mind it will be near midnight and little ones might not feel very "smiley" for pictures with the characters.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #1162
VWB
Mouseketeer

Anyone want to share???

We are going to the party on Oct. 17th and this will be our first time!!!! We are so excited I know we can enter the park at 4:00 and we have reservations at The Plaza at 4:15 for an early dinner. Would someone like to share their strategic plan on where to go next? We really want to get a picture with the 7 dwarfs so I guess we need to get in line at 6:30 for this? I was just hoping for someone who has been before to give their plan of what they did and in what order. THANK YOU!!!
Coronado Springs Sept. 2009
Coronado Springs Oct. 2010

VWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #1163
andytamia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyDad View Post
Is it wrong or weird that I'm a big, hulking 45yo male and I'm totally pumped to be going to my first MNSSHP on 9/30? I guess that's why my wife says she's raising three kids when we really on have two!
not weird at all... I am a big hulking 42 year old who will be going to his SECOND MNSSHP party on 9/23 and is SUPER pumped... especially to see the seven dwarfs!! You will LOVE this party! Last time we went (2007) we rode on Winnie the Pooh at the party close and the Tigger character actually rode the ride with a lucky guest... we were about 4 cars behind them... something to look for!!
andytamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #1164
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWB View Post
We are going to the party on Oct. 17th and this will be our first time!!!! We are so excited I know we can enter the park at 4:00 and we have reservations at The Plaza at 4:15 for an early dinner. Would someone like to share their strategic plan on where to go next? We really want to get a picture with the 7 dwarfs so I guess we need to get in line at 6:30 for this? I was just hoping for someone who has been before to give their plan of what they did and in what order. THANK YOU!!!
we have never been before-- but we are not spending time eating at table service. We are touring tomorrowland from 4:00 through about 5:30 and grabbing dinner at Cosmic Rays. Then heading to Fantasyland to do "stuff" there-- and getting in line for the Dwarfs.

Do the Dwarfs stay out or is it 30 minutes out and 30 minutes off??

at 8pm we are heading to ToonTown and doing the stuff in there to hit the Alice Trail into tomorrowland before 9pm Am hoping to get a seat where they sit for the wishes dessert party.
Watch the Fireworks- head into Adventureland - get stuff done here and be in Frontierland before 10:30 to get a seat for that parade-- then head out for the Villians Mix and mingle.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #1165
Jen0504
Mouseketeer

We go on the 21st!! Can't wait!!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #1166
yervesjdunne
Earning My Ears

Birthday surprise

Thank you everyone o all the info and pictures!!!!

Can't beleive its still a secret can't wait to tell the kids!!!!!

Can't believe it's still a surprise!!!

[link='http://www.mickeypath.com/']
[img noborder]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/10-04-2010_Juli++AJs+Birthday+Surprise_65-105-225_0.png[/img]

[/link]

Last edited by yervesjdunne; 09-28-2010 at 10:20 AM.
yervesjdunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #1167
VWB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
we have never been before-- but we are not spending time eating at table service. We are touring tomorrowland from 4:00 through about 5:30 and grabbing dinner at Cosmic Rays. Then heading to Fantasyland to do "stuff" there-- and getting in line for the Dwarfs.

Do the Dwarfs stay out or is it 30 minutes out and 30 minutes off??

at 8pm we are heading to ToonTown and doing the stuff in there to hit the Alice Trail into tomorrowland before 9pm Am hoping to get a seat where they sit for the wishes dessert party.
Watch the Fireworks- head into Adventureland - get stuff done here and be in Frontierland before 10:30 to get a seat for that parade-- then head out for the Villians Mix and mingle.
THANK YOU!!! It sounds great and I appreciate you sharing your plan.
Coronado Springs Sept. 2009
Coronado Springs Oct. 2010

VWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #1168
Conniesaurus
Mouseketeer

My daughter and I are going to the party for the first time on Saturday! We were told to pick up our tickets at the "WILL CALL" window. Does anyone know where this is located? Thanks!
Mom of two: 27 and 24
Grandmother of one: 3 1/2
Conniesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #1169
lizlovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Dining: Casey's Corner, Pecos Bill's Cafe, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Counter Serve will be open as well as the Liberty Tree Tavern and Tony's Town Square full serve restaurants. Snacks will also be available. These were the restaurants open in 2009 - 2010 dining info hasn't been released yet.

(i read how people have reservations at Crystal Palace or at the Castle for 7pm reservations-- and I wonder if they really do since these are not listed as available places opened
I actually DO have reservations at Crystal Palace for 4:25.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #1170
onestepcloser
The piggy bank? The ding-dang?

Three more weeks until my party date! We're going to MNSSHP on 10/08 -- so excited! Just ordered my ticket. Every year this thread is so helpful and so much fun.
onestepcloser is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: