Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #1126
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractortippin View Post
I've been to Disney a million times and for some reason I can not picture the veranda?

Probably cause Im in my own little world and have made up another name for it, can someone tell me where this is?

As you enter Adventureland from the hub look to your right hand side. This area is before the Dole Whip stand. Last night inside the Adventure Friends Encounter was Timon and Rafiki at the first que, Baloo and King Louie at the second que, Jane, Tarzan and Terk at the third que and Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Genie near the exit of the building. Timon, Baloo, Jane and Terk, and Aladdin and Abu came out at 7:05. At 7:30 Rafiki, King Louie, Tarzan and Terk, and Jasmine and Genie (Aladdin stayed out). I went back to this area around 11:00pm and the characters where in the same areas. To find the area try looking for this sign;

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

or like us and receive updates on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unoffi...43447969002418

Last edited by mickeyhunter; 09-15-2010 at 08:51 PM.
mickeyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #1127
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Cinderella's Carriage is near Pinocchio's Village Haus.
OK, I'm sorry for being so airheaded......I can't seem to picture where there is space over there for the carriage, so maybe I am thinking of the wrong place. Is it over near where Ariel's Grotto was? Anyone have any picture of the carriage this year? I'm gettng sooooo excited

October 2007~All Star Sports
November 2008~CBR
October 2009~Port Orleans Riverside
October 2010~Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
jhpatrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #1128
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpatrick1 View Post
OK, I'm sorry for being so airheaded......I can't seem to picture where there is space over there for the carriage, so maybe I am thinking of the wrong place. Is it over near where Ariel's Grotto was? Anyone have any picture of the carriage this year? I'm gettng sooooo excited

The area is in front of the Pinocchio restaurant to the left of where Ariel's grotto was. The carriage is across from the Peter Pan Flight's fast pass distribution. Don't worry, you won't miss it.

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #1129
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhunter View Post
http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt...een-party.html

Here is a link to the pictures I was able to get at last nights party. Under their picture is the area I found them. Hope this helps anyone hunting!

oh mi gawd---amazin that you saw that many characters- i guess it really is possible.

Can you get your photo taken with those characters? Can they sign? I know the villians do not.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #1130
BelleYYC
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to go to my first MNSSHP at the end of October.
BelleYYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #1131
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
oh mi gawd---amazin that you saw that many characters- i guess it really is possible.

Can you get your photo taken with those characters? Can they sign? I know the villians do not.
All the pictures I have shown you can get your picture taken with. Everyone signs except the villians, dance party characters, and the roaming characters (captain hook and mr. smee).

It is very difficult to get all the characters without a clear plan. I was able to get them all because their were two of us. I can't say with absolute certainity that you will be able to get all the characters in one night since I didn't do it myself. This first night there were a lot of "glitches" in the character meet and greet system. Especially at the Adventure Friends Experience where it took me an hour to get all the characters in there.

Best advice is to have a plan and I would suggest starting at the seven dwarfs and lining up at lease by 6:30. The seven dwarfs line was crazy long all night.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #1132
MErnst
Mouseketeer

What is Alice and Mad Hatters Treat Trail? Is this something to see early?
MErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #1133
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MErnst View Post
What is Alice and Mad Hatters Treat Trail? Is this something to see early?
The treat trail begins by the train station in Toon Town. The characters were out all night so I would hit some of the more rare characters first.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #1134
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

I think I read in another post that Mickey is switching costumes throughout the night between pirate/Magician? Just wondering if this is true and when he might be in the magician outfit? Does Minnie switch too since they are posing together this year??

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #1135
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post
I think I read in another post that Mickey is switching costumes throughout the night between pirate/Magician? Just wondering if this is true and when he might be in the magician outfit? Does Minnie switch too since they are posing together this year??
Yes, i did read that too. Mickey and Minnie are either in their pirate/princess costumes or magician/witch costumes. They both switch. I do not know at what times each is appearing.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #1136
MErnst
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The treat trail begins by the train station in Toon Town. The characters were out all night so I would hit some of the more rare characters first.
I wish I knew about these boards back in 2007 when we did MNSSHP our first time! I think we saw 2 characters that night. My boys spent more time trick or treating and at a dance party in Fantasyland. Plus we had NO idea we could get in at 4pm...oh well, now we know. Thanks for the great info!
MErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #1137
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
Awesome photos. What type of camera were you using?
I have a Canon PowerShot S2 IS, older model now but it still works great! There are much newer models, I think they're up past S10! My camera has three different low-light modes and a fireworks mode.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #1138
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith_nc View Post
What time does the actual trick or treating start? Is it not until after 7pm?

Thanks,
Connie
Trick or Treating starts after 7pm, and the event-specific merchandise is also put out at that time. (Maybe just the shirt?) I grabbed photos of the shirts last night, but didn't think to note the prices for adults and kids.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:02 AM   #1139
christinajoyyy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Are you guys going to change in the bathroom at MCO, or be in costume on the flight? I hope that won't cause any problems with security, either way

I fly in on October 22 and the first party I'm going to is Oct 24. I'm also going on the 26th and 28th I'm traveling alone
Our costumes (or at least the ideas that we've discussed) are actually pretty simple --- basically everyday clothes that can be transformed into a costume. One of the ideas was Barbie from TS3 so that would basically be a unitard and pink sneakers (no thank you to heels!). Whoever's dressing as Barbie could probably wear a dress over the unitard/leggings and look normal, I guess. We'll see.

Aww yay! Solo trip!

Cj
WDW: Aug '94, Aug '97, Aug '01, Dec '04, May '06, Nov '08, Apr '09, Apr '10, Oct '10, Feb '11, Dec '11, May '12
DL: Sept '94, Sept '98, Aug '07
Upcoming: Mar '14 (DLP), Jul '14 (WDW)
christinajoyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #1140
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Question

Quote:
As you enter Adventureland from the hub look to your right hand side. This area is before the Dole Whip stand. Last night inside the Adventure Friends Encounter was Timon and Rafiki at the first que, Baloo and King Louie at the second que, Jane, Tarzan and Terk at the third que and Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Genie near the exit of the building. Timon, Baloo, Jane and Terk, and Aladdin and Abu came out at 7:05. At 7:30 Rafiki, King Louie, Tarzan and Terk, and Jasmine and Genie (Aladdin stayed out). I went back to this area around 11:00pm and the characters where in the same areas. To find the area try looking for this sign;
So all the adventure land characters IE Baloo, Tarzan, Jane etc are all out at the same time? Is it one line to meet all of them like the princesses/Faeries in toon town?
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: