Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #931
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

I would also like to know about pins - specifically to confirm where they are available. Last year for MVMCP I purchased at the pin shop in Frontierland near the Country Bear Jamboree, wondering if the MNSSHP pins will be there as well? Anywhere else? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #932
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Had to join in. Hope to read about everyone's experiences once the party starts
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #933
annefair73
Earning My Ears

clueless question...

Okay so having rebooked our trip to begin October 31st, my question is for those not attending the party and dressing up is it allowable to have a "normal" evening at the MK or is it best to avoid it altogether. If our flight arrives in the morning and we headed to MK at 3 PM , does our regular pass work for that? Can party guests go on rides? I would hope so given the xtra money being shelled out. If my travel party is childless is this a good night to ride Soarin 25 times in a row? Or TOT? Any suggestions?
annefair73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #934
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annefair73 View Post
Okay so having rebooked our trip to begin October 31st, my question is for those not attending the party and dressing up is it allowable to have a "normal" evening at the MK or is it best to avoid it altogether. If our flight arrives in the morning and we headed to MK at 3 PM , does our regular pass work for that? Can party guests go on rides? I would hope so given the xtra money being shelled out. If my travel party is childless is this a good night to ride Soarin 25 times in a row? Or TOT? Any suggestions?
I don't think you can stay in MK without party tickets actually so I would stick to planning fun in the other parks if you aren't planning to attend MNSSHP.
2008 -CSR & The Poly / 2009 - SSR
2010 - CBR - great time!!
Naisy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #935
annefair73
Earning My Ears

So the MK would "close" to all guests without party ticket? Starting at 7 or earlier? At this point I think we will do DHS anyway....
annefair73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #936
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So the MK would "close" to all guests without party ticket? Starting at 7 or earlier? At this point I think we will do DHS anyway....
yes...if you don't have a ticket for the party you will be asked to exit the park at 7 pm
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #937
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
I saw on the old thread (tips from the 2009 party) someone posted a link to the MNSSHP pins. Is there any other information on other merchandise, like party t-shirts?
see this thread - I want EVERYTHING !
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2553533

Quote:
Only guests who have purchased a party ticket will be allowed in MK after 7pm and not all all (but a lot) of the rides are open to them and usually fairly quiet. AK closes at 5pm, Studio's at 7:30 and EPCOT 9pm. DTD have some Trick or treating early in the evening I believe, which is free for anyone. Does that answer any of your questions? Maybe your resort is doing something special?

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
dee slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #938
Nature Mom
I didn't survive Cancer to die of stress.

I have been doing lots and LOTS of reading regarding MNSSHP because not only is this our 1st WDW trip, but our first Halloween there as well. I just want to confirm what I am reading: If I am going to be there for a week, then do everything ELSE (rides, shows, etc) at MK on a different day before the party so we can focus on the party and not other MK stuff, right? Also, with a 7 day park hopper (and also a 3 day PtoP at UO) I only need our tickets for the party, not in addition to my day pass (unless I was planning on going earlier and just staying), right? My thoughts are to not go to any of the WDW parks at all that day, maybe IOA early in the day, rest in the middle and then party at MK. Would this work? I don't want to waste a day's ticket if I don't need to, but if I have to have it anyway to use the party ticket, then I may as well stay on property and do another park that morning. Does that make any sense? lol

Also, I haven't bought the tickets for the MNSSHP yet, as we were still debating 9/21 or 9/23. Any past goers know if a Tuesday or Thursday is better? (There are still tickets, I am not worried about that...the AAA lady keeps me up to date. )

Nature Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #939
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Mom View Post
I have been doing lots and LOTS of reading regarding MNSSHP because not only is this our 1st WDW trip, but our first Halloween there as well. I just want to confirm what I am reading: If I am going to be there for a week, then do everything ELSE (rides, shows, etc) at MK on a different day before the party so we can focus on the party and not other MK stuff, right? Yes this is a good idea, b/c the rides are there any other day but the activities are not, you should have time to ride a couple though b/c the lines will be short. i actually planned on riding the rides but once i got at the party there was so much to do that we didnt ride much at all. it is fun to ride Pirates and the haunted mansion but the HM had such a long line last time that we didnt ride it at the party, did it another day. Also, with a 7 day park hopper (and also a 3 day PtoP at UO) I only need our tickets for the party, not in addition to my day pass (unless I was planning on going earlier and just staying), right? You only need to use your party ticket to get into the party. if you want to get in sooner than 4pm you'd have to use a regular ticket. our plan is to go to the waterpark before the party or go to another park like Epcot and then go over to the MK at 4pmMy thoughts are to not go to any of the WDW parks at all that day, maybe IOA early in the day, rest in the middle and then party at MK. Would this work? SureI don't want to waste a day's ticket if I don't need to, but if I have to have it anyway to use the party ticket, then I may as well stay on property and do another park that morning. Does that make any sense? lol If you had to also use a park ticket then no one would care about when you can get in b/c the park tickets would get you in when the park opens. if you're already in the park you just go at a llittle before the party to show your ticket and get a wristband

Also, I haven't bought the tickets for the MNSSHP yet, as we were still debating 9/21 or 9/23. Any past goers know if a Tuesday or Thursday is better? both days should be good b/c its not a weekend and it's not October, go for it! I'll be there soon after you (There are still tickets, I am not worried about that...the AAA lady keeps me up to date. )
have a great trip!

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #940
Nature Mom
I didn't survive Cancer to die of stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypolybride2008 View Post
have a great trip!
Thank you so much...great answers! I am so excited...I really need to get off these boards and actually do some work. lol And I bet my FB friends all think I abandoned them.

Nature Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #941
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

happy to help you! I find myself to on the boards a lot b/c it's helps channel my excitement

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #942
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Just looking at my itinerary and still pondering the party. Which night of these three would be the best and which would be the busiest .... or does it make any difference?

Oct 11th - Columbus Day. Would it be really busy?
Oct 12th - Would be great, but I will have to try and change our House of Blues ressie.
Oct 14th - we have a resort photo session at the Poly at 4.45 so that would get us to MK around 6 pm.

Oh decisions!!!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #943
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Can't wait to hear reports about the first party!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #944
M likes the mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Just looking at my itinerary and still pondering the party. Which night of these three would be the best and which would be the busiest .... or does it make any difference?

Oct 12th - Would be great, but I will have to try and change our House of Blues ressie.
Oct 14th - we have a resort photo session at the Poly at 4.45 so that would get us to MK around 6 pm.

Oh decisions!!!
I've never been to the party, but I'm going to be there the same week as you. Since the 11th is an holiday, I would not risk to buy tickets for that day. There might still be a lot of people on a long weekend type of vacation. We bought tickets for the 12th, thinking that we might go the 14th as well if do not have the time to see everything we want to see on the first night.

See you there!
Dec 08 DL, Aug 09 POP , June 10 POP, Oct 10 Beach Club, Dec 10,CBR, May 11, DLP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 11 Dolphin, Dec 2011 DL offsite, March 12 CBR, June 12 AKL, Sept 12 Beach Club, Feb 13 POR, Aug 2013 DL Disneyland Hotel, Feb 14 POR
Me: DH Simba Mitten Chloe
Run Disney addiction:
Feb 14 GSC, Aug 13 DDD, Feb 13 PHM, Sept 12 TOT 10 miler
M likes the mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #945
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

Oh decisions!!!
I only wanted to say that I would avoid the Columbus Day party as that one has sold out in the past. It will be busy.

Nothing wrong with getting to MK around 6p on a party night. Better than not going at all.

The two nights other than Columbus day are a toss up.

Good luck!
beattyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: