Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #916
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynewbeemom View Post
We definitely want to see the 7 Dwarves. It looks like we should line up at 6:30? Is this correct? Will they show up at 7:00? What are the character lines like later in the night? Should we do the characters first or will the lines be better after 11:00?
Probably a silly question... but do all 7 of them sign autographs? If so, that has got to be a tedious process !!!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #917
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Probably a silly question... but do all 7 of them sign autographs? If so, that has got to be a tedious process !!!
When I saw them it was a picture only.
disneyfav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #918
jlhay
Mouseketeer

So excited to see how the early parties go! We aren't going until Oct 28th so have a bit more planning time.

Sorry if these questions were asked earlier -- I searched the thread and didn't see them.

1. What is the Haunted Mansion magic shot?

2. How popular is Cinderella's carriage?

3. Do any character lines get shorter later in the party? I've seen alot of advice to do various things later (trick or treat, 2nd parade etc) so what do you do at the beginning of the party?

Thanks!!

me DHDS11DS7

Bay Lake Tower Feb 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Beach Club Oct 2010 Yacht Club Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Nov 2009 Contemporary Dec 2008 Contemporary 1982
jlhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #919
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

last year we started waiting for snow white at 6:30pm and were second in line. i think they didnt actually come out til 7:30pm, i remember being bummed about that and knowing we waited for an hour. I had DH hold our spot while i went and stood in line for Tigger and Pooh, then i got a pic w/ the characters by the tea cups, since it was all in the same area. i also did a trick or treat spot. then we finally got our picture with snow white and it was awesome! -notice the picture in my signature.

back in 2007 we stood in line for the carriage which was awesome, but the line moved SO slow. it was not that long of a line but for some reason it took awhile.

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #920
bcvmargs
Mouseketeer

I hope this show is worth it for the money
bcvmargs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #921
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyof4lovesDW View Post
Can you meet Mickey and Minnie together or are they seperate? If so are they in their regular outfits or Halloween? I would love for them to be together in their regular outfits because DD & DS are going to be Mickey and Minnie and that would be a great photo! Thanks. If not maybe they will wear them to Chef Mickey's.
In the past they were seperate, this year they are together. They will both be in Halloween costumes. They are not in their traditional gear at Chef Mickeys either. To find them together, in traditional clothing, visit Judge's Tent before the party; best to line up around 6 and let the attendants know that you are specifically looking for their traditional tux and red dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoejanda View Post
Is there any way that when you update the character list you can add if they are in a halloween costume? I would like to make the most of the few hours we have and skip those we have seen during the day. This info is great! Thanks!
Same as last year: 2009 CHARACTER REPORT

VIPS, STITCH and POOH characters dress up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
The Pooh characters meet in pairs and switch off about evey 20-30 minutes . I might be a bit off the time.but thats how they usually do it.
Pooh characters are different this year. Since they are in Town Square, competing with parades and fireworks, they will be all out together (probably two together with two seperate lines) but they will not be available all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynewbeemom View Post
We definitely want to see the 7 Dwarves. It looks like we should line up at 6:30? Is this correct? Will they show up at 7:00? What are the character lines like later in the night? Should we do the characters first or will the lines be better after 11:00?
Yes, they'll be there at 7:00. Lines vary, I usually save Toon Town to the end hoping most people have seen Mickey/Minnie by that point. However, last year the line for Mickey was so long for MVMCP I had to skip him. So put your must dos first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Nope, they do not. This list includes who does/does not sign: 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
1. What is the Haunted Mansion magic shot?

2. How popular is Cinderella's carriage?
1. check the report linked early in my post.

2. popular. we lucked out and got our picture before the party started last year and only had a 5-10 minute wait. That's incredibly short!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcvmargs View Post
I hope this show is worth it for the money
What show?

Last edited by Berlioz70; 09-12-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #922
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella1122 View Post
I leave for the airport in about an hour and a half. I will be at the party on Tuesday. I'll be sure to give my feedback
Please confirm if you can get in earlier than 7:00 PM using the MNSSHP ticket only. Disney announced that at DL you can get in at 4:00 PM, but has not mentioned an earlier time for WDW.

Happy Halloween or should I say MNSSHP!

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #923
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Do all of the characters at MNSSHP have their Halloween costumes on or just some? I.E. Do the princesses and the Fairies have Halloween costumes on or just their regular clothes? Just trying to figure out the priority list for characters. Definately want to hit as many in costume as possible.
chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #924
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

see above

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
Do all of the characters at MNSSHP have their Halloween costumes on or just some? I.E. Do the princesses and the Fairies have Halloween costumes on or just their regular clothes? Just trying to figure out the priority list for characters. Definately want to hit as many in costume as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Same as last year: 2009 CHARACTER REPORT

VIPS, STITCH and POOH characters dress up.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #925
momtoejanda
DIS Veteran

Just want to say a quick thank you to Berlioz70. This is all the best information out there.
momtoejanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #926
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I know the Halloween night show sells out in advance, does anyone remember if any other dates sold out last year.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #927
stephielela
DIS Veteran

yay! the first party is right around the corner! can't wait to see if there is any new info!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #928
dahall
Mouseketeer

I love this thread almost as much as I love Halloween. We went last year in September and loved it so much we went again later in the week. This year we are going on Halloween, we know it will be crowed but it is HALLOWEEN AT DISNEY!

My Youngest (4) will be kick buttowski a grandma homemade costume (it is awesome). My oldest will be the Maddhatter, a costume I will try to make from a website(I hope it will be awesome). My husband and I however are not sure. Last year we bought the shirts where our heads where goofy and dopey and but thought this year being Halloween we might try something better. Still looking and thinking, there are some great suggestions here on the posts.

Hope everyone has as much fun as we did last year!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #929
MPLsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
They do not.

Take a look at this list for information on who will sign and who is likely to have photopass: MNSSHP CHARACTERS 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
No, and neither does Snow White when she is with them. It's a quick picture and move on (and in 2008, it was not a Photopass spot, so you had to take your own pictures....that may have changed?)
Thanks Berlioz70 & Chelley00 - what would we do without you?! I wish I could hire you as a guide that evening - and I've been to MNSSHP twice already!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #930
jlhay
Mouseketeer

Thanks for answers! Saw the Haunted Mansion magic photo -- that looks like fun.

I saw on the old thread (tips from the 2009 party) someone posted a link to the MNSSHP pins. Is there any other information on other merchandise, like party t-shirts?

Reading this thread has gotten me so excited for the party I bought a ticket for next week when I'll be at WDW for a business trip. Then my family is going in late October! So excited to check out the party early and to go twice!!

me DHDS11DS7

Bay Lake Tower Feb 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Beach Club Oct 2010 Yacht Club Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Nov 2009 Contemporary Dec 2008 Contemporary 1982
jlhay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: