Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #811
ChelleMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
DH and I purchased our tickets for Sept. 18th!! Just over a week!!

I am developing our pre-attack character plan, would anyone be interested in seeing it? We are not seeing everyone this year because so many will be the same as past years, but I could develop a suedo plan for someone who is trying to see all characters? Just want to make sure there's interest before I build it.
Would love to! We're going the 18th too!!
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village - Sept 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Sept 2001
Caribbean Beach Resort & Grand Floridian too...
ChelleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #812
DisneyTampa
Mouseketeer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N24sZxexFM

This is my video of the Headless Horseman at tonight's cast preview.

My videos of the parade are taking forever to upload, but I'll post the links asap!
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either." - Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyTampa
DisneyTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #813
tracey2415
Earning My Ears

Talking

Soo excited! This is our first MNSSHP & first trip to Disney. We will be attending Sept. 28th. Gds favorite holiday! Thanks for the thread and tips!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #814
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

@Berlioz70 I'd love to see your plan of attack!

Question: What are the veterans' thought on preordering a Photopass CD just for MNSSHP photos? Are there more photogs than normal out in the parks? I've heard there are Photopass specials for party attendees - what have these typically been? Are there any Magic Shots that are available only during the party? How are the lines for Photopass during the parties?

So many questions I know, but this is my first party and I have no idea what to expect! We're very excited!!

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #815
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Nope, you can't get FP with your party tickets between 4 and 7, you need a day ticket for that. They don't run the FP machines during the party, either.
Last year for the Christmas Party we entered at 4:30 on our party tickets which they did scan at the gate and we were able to get Space Mountain FP when we put our PARTY tickets into the machine. This was the only ride we were able to try as the return time was from 5:50 to 6:50. And they stop running the machines for the party. I wouldn't think that the Christmas Party would be any different than the Halloween Party.

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:28 AM   #816
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am developing our pre-attack character plan, would anyone be interested in seeing it? We are not seeing everyone this year because so many will be the same as past years, but I could develop a suedo plan for someone who is trying to see all characters? Just want to make sure there's interest before I build it.
Hi!

That would be fantastic if you wouldn't mind sharing. We are booked for two parties this year, the 7th and the 8th October and the only 'plan' we have at the moment is on the 7th we will get there at 4pm and figure out where we can meet all the Dwarves and Snow White and then just wonder round getting as many character pics as possible, try to find tarzan and then watch the parade and fireworks and trying to meet some villians after the stage show.

On the 8th we were planning on getting there for 7pm and then riding rides, candy trails, parade and fireworks again so as you can see, not very organised lol.
Soopafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #817
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm interested. This is our first time to MNSSHP.

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:00 AM   #818
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Mnsshp

I am also keeping an eye to the forums for as much info from the 1st party on 09/14 as I can get. We are leaving 09/17 so I need as much info before then as possible. We are doing the 09/21 & 09/23 parties and I am hoping to get official word (possibly maps too) on who the characters will be that night, where they are etc. As well as the mix & mingle after the villains castles show.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:32 AM   #819
abonham
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I would love to see your plan of attack! We are going on Sept 14 and are going to try to see all the characters. (We will go on Sept 18 for fireworks/parade etc.) Any sort of game-plan would help greatly! Thanks for offering, and for all the great info you've given!
abonham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #820
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
I am also keeping an eye to the forums for as much info from the 1st party on 09/14 as I can get. We are leaving 09/17 so I need as much info before then as possible. We are doing the 09/21 & 09/23 parties and I am hoping to get official word (possibly maps too) on who the characters will be that night, where they are etc. As well as the mix & mingle after the villains castles show.
I'm not quite sure how the mix and mingle works. After the show, do the villain characters just "mix and mingle"? Is there any structure to it or is it a free for all?

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #821
mousebit
DIS Veteran

Quote:

ME! ME! ME!

mousebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #822
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I would love to see this too!

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #823
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That would be wonderful ! My kids and I want to see as many characters as possible so we are attending two nights so we can devote one to characters and the other to parade, villians etc. This will be a huge help to us and we appreciate you doing this as well as all the great info you post.
baler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #824
pristock230
Earning My Ears

Yes! I would love to see anything someone might have! This is our 1st trip to Disney and our first MNSSHP!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #825
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

Berlioz70 I'd definitely be interested! This will be my first time actually making a point to get character pics so I could use a few pointers.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: