Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #511
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughinplace2 View Post
Also, who has been there during a torrential rainstorm? Can you confirm that the whole party does not get cancelled? Can you still meet with characters in their costumes, get candy etc?
There was a bad storm about 2 or 3 years ago. I recall reading about it on these boards. I know Disney refunded if you wanted to. I think a lot was cancelled but you could stay if you wished.
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #512
Avonlady1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What is the ONE thing to NOT miss during this party? If not one, you can name the top 2 lol
Trick or treating & meeting the characters are fun, but the top 2 things for me are the parade & the fireworks...hands down, not to be missed!
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #513
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

i just rem when we got there early there wasn't anything for us to do except go sit in a restaurant in Frontier Town as most stuff was closed.

Was there stuff to do that I was not aware of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
In the past they set up an area in front of the castle (the walkway that goes down to the old boat dock in front of Tomorrowland). You enter at one spot, they scan your ticket, give you a wristband, keep walking an out the other end. It was very efficient!

I can guarantee this is not true. And what an uproar it would cause! Day guests are already having their day cut short with a 7 PM closing time! Rides stay open until the stated closing time.
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #514
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyGirls View Post
i just rem when we got there early there wasn't anything for us to do except go sit in a restaurant in Frontier Town as most stuff was closed.

Was there stuff to do that I was not aware of?
When was this? I did MVMCP twice in 08 and MNSSHP twice in 09. Each time we were in the park all day and stayed through for the party. Rides did not close, and we got our wristbands out in front of the castle.

Maybe you went back when they actually closed the park at 6 and reopened at 7. Then I could definitely see things being closed at 6. But under the most recent arrangement, park closing time is 7, so everything stays open at 7. Once 7 pm hits, no one without a wristband can get in line. The few attractions that will not be open during the party don't let any new people to enter the line at that time and they close down when the line clears.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #515
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:

I can guarantee this is not true. And what an uproar it would cause! Day guests are already having their day cut short with a 7 PM closing time! Rides stay open until the stated closing time.
they used to do that. those with MNSSHP tickets could enter at 4:00pm, the park closed at 6:00pm (I think??) and day guests were funneled out. those who had wristbands for the party were kept in Tomorrowland or Frontierland, depending on the year. Then, at 7:00pm, you could enter the rest of the park.

it's been 4 or 5 years since they've done that, though.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #516
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
they used to do that. those with MNSSHP tickets could enter at 4:00pm, the park closed at 6:00pm (I think??) and day guests were funneled out. those who had wristbands for the party were kept in Tomorrowland or Frontierland, depending on the year. Then, at 7:00pm, you could enter the rest of the park.

I don't think the 4 PM entry started until they started using wristbands and keeping the park open until the party start time of 7.

But I do think she was remembering the time when the park closed a 6 and reopened at 7. Those who were there as day guests or there eating at a restaurant had to be in a "holding area" until it all reopened.

I'm glad they don't do this any more. I like to get in line super early for whatever hard to do event I want to do most. Since we just make a day of it at the MK, we're usually ready for a long sit by then anyway. In 08, we got in line for Twas the Night (I'm sorry that one's gone!) Our other night we were first in line for Belle & the Beast. In 09 we got in line for Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs. Having to leave the park or go to a holding area would definitely make all of that harder!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #517
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Trick or Treating is my must do!!! I love it!! Also love to see the characters dressed up in gear!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #518
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

i don't keep track of the years we go but i am referring to the x-mas party as we have not been to a halloween one yet. i think it was 3 years ago so 2007 and the years proceeding that.

i have so much more knowledge know that i am so well prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post

Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #519
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

this sounds like what they were doing. it was totally boring getting there early.

Quote:
I don't think the 4 PM entry started until they started using wristbands and keeping the park open until the party start time of 7.

But I do think she was remembering the time when the park closed a 6 and reopened at 7. Those who were there as day guests or there eating at a restaurant had to be in a "holding area" until it all reopened.

I'm glad they don't do this any more. I like to get in line super early for whatever hard to do event I want to do most. Since we just make a day of it at the MK, we're usually ready for a long sit by then anyway. In 08, we got in line for Twas the Night (I'm sorry that one's gone!) Our other night we were first in line for Belle & the Beast. In 09 we got in line for Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs. Having to leave the park or go to a holding area would definitely make all of that harder!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #520
wildirishrose
Mouseketeer

The Villians mix and mingle is our not to miss activity

Maleficent
wildirishrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #521
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i don't keep track of the years we go but i am referring to the x-mas party as we have not been to a halloween one yet. i think it was 3 years ago so 2007 and the years proceeding that.

i have so much more knowledge know that i am so well prepared
It doesn't matter if it's Christmas or Halloween. I believe they handle them the same way within a given year.

No one is 100% certain how they are doing it this year. If they don't change anything, you won't have dead time this time!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #522
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

we will be there the first night it opens so what time should i show up?????

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it's Christmas or Halloween. I believe they handle them the same way within a given year.

No one is 100% certain how they are doing it this year. If they don't change anything, you won't have dead time this time!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #523
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we will be there the first night it opens so what time should i show up?????
Well, that seems to be the $64,000 question! The last couple of years they have let you in at 4 with a party ticket. Rumors go around every year that they are changing back to no admittance until 7 PM for the party. That is the case again this year.

Just keep watching here in the DIS. Maybe there will be an absolute answer before your trip.

On the up side, your experience on the first night will help all the others waiting to hear how it goes. Be sure to post back!

I'm going to 2 Christmas parties in mid-December, so I think it will be sorted out by then. Regardless, we'll be in the MK on our party days anyway. They make great park days since many others avoid the park not wanting to have to leave early.

I'd suggest just making it a MK day!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #524
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What is the ONE thing to NOT miss during this party? If not one, you can name the top 2 lol
Hallowishes fireworks and the villians mix n' mingle
....AND....well, how bout 3?! the HEADLESS HORSEMAN!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #525
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
Hallowishes fireworks and the villians mix n' mingle
....AND....well, how bout 3?! the HEADLESS HORSEMAN!!!!
Ditto....... ALL of that!!!

We did the party two nights last year and had to see the party both nights!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: