Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #496
nashville_minnie
Mouseketeer

While no one can say for 100% sure until after the first party date, I would bet good money that the 4pm entry will be in effect again this year.

I have been to numerous MNSSHPs and MVMCPs throughout the years & you have always been able to get in at 4pm. Disney allows this for some of the reasons stated...they know they can't handle the volume of guests both departing AND entering the park right at 7pm. Plus they would love to have your dinner dollars rather than you eat off property on your way to the party.

I sure hope it's the same this year, as we have 4:20 pm ADRs at LTT! They are going to end up with a lot of empty tables if they switch it on us.
thousands of visits to WDW (former WDWCP & FT cast member)
nashville_minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #497
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

can someone post early on 15th so I know before I go please and thank you as I don't want to show up at the park at 4 if we're not going to get in...

Also if we did go at 4 can you go in in costume then or are you only allowed costumes once the party start?
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #498
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
So contrary to the official email response I posted yesterday -- which is what we want to hear, right -- I found this report to be interesting/amusing.

For the recent Last Tour to Endor special event, this author said "This event ran from 8 PM till 1 AM. However, the special event ticket did allow you to enter Hollywood Studios starting at 4 PM."

Full story here: http://land.allears.net/blogs/michaelbachand/
thanks for posting the email reply from WDW, i just got the acknowlegement they received my question ( in the same vein as yours), willing to bet i get the exact same message lol.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #499
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
can someone post early on 15th so I know before I go please and thank you as I don't want to show up at the park at 4 if we're not going to get in...

Also if we did go at 4 can you go in in costume then or are you only allowed costumes once the party start?
You can be in costume when you arrive. If it's 4, then you can be in costume at 4.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #500
MinniesYooHoo
With the cows and the chickens, they all sound like the dickens when I hear my little Minnie...YOO HOO!

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but I'm at work and don't have time to search through all of the posts for an answer. Sorry.
We're going to the party on Oct 26th. I have both park tickets and MNSSHP tickets. If I simply use my park ticket to get in for my 3:30 pm ressie at CP do I have to then leave and then re-enter to attend the party? I don't care about having to use a day ticket to enter in time for our ressie so that's not an issue. Do you think we'll just have to check-in somewhere to get our wristbands? Just my opinion but it does not make any sense for those folks already in the parks with a day ticket to have to leave to re-enter to attend the party. I understand the debate about entering early with a party ticket only, but what do ya'll think about a day ticket and party ticket?

I've been Boo'd!!!
Me DH DD(8) Granny: G-Daddy: Charlotte Mr. Tanner(The closest we could get to a hamster!)
MinniesYooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #501
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

when the park is transitioning for the Halloween party between 4 and 7 for instance, the rides are not opened are they as some of the daytime rides are shutting down. I thought it was this way for the Christmas party. LMK.
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #502
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyGirls View Post
when the park is transitioning for the Halloween party between 4 and 7 for instance, the rides are not opened are they as some of the daytime rides are shutting down. I thought it was this way for the Christmas party. LMK.
I can honestly say that I've never heard of that. I worked both MNSSHP and MVMCP during the 2008 season and that never happened. When I was a CM, rides that weren't open during the party stopped admitting people at 7, and rides that were open started checking for wristbands at 7. Everything was open during that time period unless it was 101 or down for refurb.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #503
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

thanks. i was prob. in la la land and had no clue what was going on. lol. now that i have found this board i know so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I can honestly say that I've never heard of that. I worked both MNSSHP and MVMCP during the 2008 season and that never happened. When I was a CM, rides that weren't open during the party stopped admitting people at 7, and rides that were open started checking for wristbands at 7. Everything was open during that time period unless it was 101 or down for refurb.
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #504
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
thanks. i was prob. in la la land and had no clue what was going on. lol. now that i have found this board i know so much more.
It happens That's what threads like this are for!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #505
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinniesYooHoo View Post
I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but I'm at work and don't have time to search through all of the posts for an answer. Sorry.
We're going to the party on Oct 26th. I have both park tickets and MNSSHP tickets. If I simply use my park ticket to get in for my 3:30 pm ressie at CP do I have to then leave and then re-enter to attend the party? I don't care about having to use a day ticket to enter in time for our ressie so that's not an issue. Do you think we'll just have to check-in somewhere to get our wristbands? Just my opinion but it does not make any sense for those folks already in the parks with a day ticket to have to leave to re-enter to attend the party. I understand the debate about entering early with a party ticket only, but what do ya'll think about a day ticket and party ticket?

In the past they set up an area in front of the castle (the walkway that goes down to the old boat dock in front of Tomorrowland). You enter at one spot, they scan your ticket, give you a wristband, keep walking an out the other end. It was very efficient!

Quote:
I can guarantee this is not true. And what an uproar it would cause! Day guests are already having their day cut short with a 7 PM closing time! Rides stay open until the stated closing time.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #506
luckyme86
WDW CP Grad, Fall 2007

Silly question, but I wanted to make sure...

Does the Headless Horseman ride before both parades, or does he only do the first one? My bestie and I are hoping to go September 18th, and I'd rather catch the second parade, but don't want to miss the HH!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #507
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme86 View Post
Silly question, but I wanted to make sure...

Does the Headless Horseman ride before both parades, or does he only do the first one? My bestie and I are hoping to go September 18th, and I'd rather catch the second parade, but don't want to miss the HH!
Both parades, weather permitting. I think they try to avoid having him ride on wet roads. Be there early, as he rides 10-15 minutes ahead of the parade.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #508
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinniesYooHoo View Post
Didn't see any other answer, so here's one for you:
You should NOT need to leave the park and come back in. In the past anyways, they have stations around the park distributing wristbands, which will start slightly before 7 PM. You can go to one of these with your park ticket and get a wristband without leaving the park. Of course for your 3:30 PM ADR you will need to use a park ticket, but on a multi-day pass, that might only cost a few $$ per person.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #509
laughinplace2
Mouseketeer

What is the ONE thing to NOT miss during this party? If not one, you can name the top 2 lol

My Disney trips:
March 1987 with my parents, 1988 with my mom and Aunt, Summer 1994 with Aunt, Grandma and cousin, July 2000 with dad and siblings, August 2007 with my sister, May 2008 with my best friend-Pirate & Princess Party , April 2010 with my mom, Halloween 2010
, August 2011, January 2012-First Disney Cruise!, May 2012-Star Wars Weekend! Christmas 2012 June 2013, first solo trip, August 2013-First trip to Disneyland/D23 Expo!April 2014, Easter WeekJune 2014, 2nd trip to Disneyland!!! October 2014 First RunDisney Event, WDW
laughinplace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #510
laughinplace2
Mouseketeer

Also, who has been there during a torrential rainstorm? Can you confirm that the whole party does not get cancelled? Can you still meet with characters in their costumes, get candy etc?

My Disney trips:
March 1987 with my parents, 1988 with my mom and Aunt, Summer 1994 with Aunt, Grandma and cousin, July 2000 with dad and siblings, August 2007 with my sister, May 2008 with my best friend-Pirate & Princess Party , April 2010 with my mom, Halloween 2010
, August 2011, January 2012-First Disney Cruise!, May 2012-Star Wars Weekend! Christmas 2012 June 2013, first solo trip, August 2013-First trip to Disneyland/D23 Expo!April 2014, Easter WeekJune 2014, 2nd trip to Disneyland!!! October 2014 First RunDisney Event, WDW
laughinplace2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: