Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #481
maroo
DIS Veteran

It has been reported you CAN get in at 4:00 this year...

See this post...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=846

It was on another board on the DIS - he asked a MK Guest Services CM - which is about as good as you get, I think.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #482
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Also at Disneyland they have an area called Big Thunder Ranch. In this area they had a man who carved real pumpkins into all sorts of unbelievable Disney characters.

Mickey

Doc:

Capt. Jack

Evil Queen:

Mikey:

Nemo:

R2-D2:

The Princesses:

Tink:

Woody & Buzz :

IS IT HALLOWEEN PARTY TIME YET ???
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #483
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Disney online communications response to special event admittance

Here's the email I received today. I had submitted a question via disneyworld.com asking if I could arrive at 4pm and expect to be admitted to MK with my MNSSHP special event ticket in time for a 4:45pm ADR.

========================

While we appreciate your interest, our Theme Parks offer Special Ticket
Events (such as the list below) during the year which requires separate
admission tickets. Magic Your Way Tickets are not valid for these
events; however you are more than welcome to use them during the day of
the event until 7:00 pm when the park will close.

Guests holding a special event ticket are able to enter the park for
their special event any time after 7:00 pm.

Guests who have entered the Theme Park using a Magic Your Way ticket and
have also purchased Special event tickets for the same day may return to
the main entrance or designated locations in the park to have the
special event admission media swiped anytime after 4pm. You will receive
a wristband, which will serve as proof of admission for the event later
that evening.

Once they have swiped your event ticket and you have received a
wristband, you may stay in the park at regular park closing to enjoy the
event, while guests without wristbands will be told the park has closed
for the day and will be asked to leave the park. Designated locations
for wristband distribution are indicated by signage, or you may ask a
Cast Member for directions to these locations.

Some events we are currently selling that require special admission
ticket, and follow the above guidelines, include:

Night of Joy
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #484
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I don't like it so if we want to arrive earlier we have to use a day off our tickets
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #485
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I don't like it so if we want to arrive earlier we have to use a day off our tickets
That's the way that I read it, we are planning to go to the park until that evening in time for our reservations for Pirates League. I don't want to use a park day for less than two hours of being in the park before the party starts. We are going to Pirates League because of MNSSHP. Oh well, rules are rules -- I will still check with the people at the gate before we go in just in case.
2008 -CSR & The Poly / 2009 - SSR
2010 - CBR - great time!!
Naisy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #486
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I think that while that is the "official response" it won't be any different than years past. I's like the whole online ADR thing where people were able to book at 190 days, Disney knew about it and didn't stop it, but they weren't going to let anyone do that over the phone. They know it happens, and they can't publicly say it's fine, but they know logically they can't stop it. We will see after the first party!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #487
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Here's the email I received today. I had submitted a question via disneyworld.com asking if I could arrive at 4pm and expect to be admitted to MK with my MNSSHP special event ticket in time for a 4:45pm ADR.

=
i think this is a canned response-- and the one we would get if we called and asked. You can call 5 different times--get 5 different people with 5 different responses.

Last year the rumor was the same thing--and people were still able to get in the park at 4pm. (many people waited until 7pm)
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #488
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

So contrary to the official email response I posted yesterday -- which is what we want to hear, right -- I found this report to be interesting/amusing.

For the recent Last Tour to Endor special event, this author said "This event ran from 8 PM till 1 AM. However, the special event ticket did allow you to enter Hollywood Studios starting at 4 PM."

Full story here: http://land.allears.net/blogs/michaelbachand/

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #489
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

I really don't think we're going to know one way or the other until the parties start and people report back with what time they were allowed in.

Thankfully our MK day is the day of the party so I'll already be there. It just means changing into my costume in the bathroom.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #490
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

So here's a question that may have already been asked but...

My plan for our MNSSHP night was to sleep in, stay at the hotel, play in the pool, etc. Then we have an ADR at 5:20 at Chef Mickey's. I really didn't care about not being able to get into the party until 7:00 because we probably wouldn't be there until then anyway. However now I am worried about the lines and all the people getting their wristbands and such right at 7:00 and that cutting into my party time. So assuming the rumor is true...

If I have 5-day park passes (for 4 people), it would cost me $12 to add on a day and have 6-day park passes. So is it worth the $12 to go to the park earlier and get my wristbands and such. Would I then be able to by-pass the entry line and all the people getting their ticket scanned and wristband? Is this going to be a long line if we are all waiting until 7:00? I should also mention I have a super impatient husband and I plan to get in line first for the 7 dwarfs. What do you all think? Or does this even make sense?

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #491
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkluttrell View Post
So here's a question that may have already been asked but...

My plan for our MNSSHP night was to sleep in, stay at the hotel, play in the pool, etc. Then we have an ADR at 5:20 at Chef Mickey's. I really didn't care about not being able to get into the party until 7:00 because we probably wouldn't be there until then anyway. However now I am worried about the lines and all the people getting their wristbands and such right at 7:00 and that cutting into my party time. So assuming the rumor is true...

If I have 5-day park passes (for 4 people), it would cost me $12 to add on a day and have 6-day park passes. So is it worth the $12 to go to the park earlier and get my wristbands and such. Would I then be able to by-pass the entry line and all the people getting their ticket scanned and wristband? Is this going to be a long line if we are all waiting until 7:00? I should also mention I have a super impatient husband and I plan to get in line first for the 7 dwarfs. What do you all think? Or does this even make sense?
Perhaps.... but I wouldn't do anything until after the first party to see exactly when they are letting guests in.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #492
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Perhaps.... but I wouldn't do anything until after the first party to see exactly when they are letting guests in.
Can I add a day once I get there? If so, then maybe that is what I will do if the rumor turns out to be true.

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #493
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

we are going to be there the first night. i will try and post using my blackberry so you all will know what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #494
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkluttrell View Post
Can I add a day once I get there? If so, then maybe that is what I will do if the rumor turns out to be true.
Yes, check the ticket FAQ sticky on page 1 of this board, but I believe you have 14 days after first use to upgrade.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #495
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

We are going Sept 25th. In the past we have gone in a 4pm, not a problem. We went into the Xmas party last year at 4 also, again not a problem.

So excited, this is my favorite party!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: