Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #436
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Question

This is PROBABLY a stupid question BUT -- if we pay for MNSSHP tickets - do we need to use our regular park ticket days to get in that evening? Or are our MNSSHP tickets all we need? We won't be going to the parks that day at all except for the party.
2008 -CSR & The Poly / 2009 - SSR
2010 - CBR - great time!!
Naisy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #437
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisy68 View Post
This is PROBABLY a stupid question BUT -- if we pay for MNSSHP tickets - do we need to use our regular park ticket days to get in that evening? Or are our MNSSHP tickets all we need? We won't be going to the parks that day at all except for the party.
If you're arriving just for the party, yes, that's all you need. There's debate going around about 4pm entry, since the party technically starts at 7pm, but once the debate is answered on Sept 14, all you'll need is your party tickets

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #438
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
If you're arriving just for the party, yes, that's all you need. There's debate going around about 4pm entry, since the party technically starts at 7pm, but once the debate is answered on Sept 14, all you'll need is your party tickets
We do have reservations for Pirates League at 5:20 that evening I am hoping that we won't need to use one of our park days for an hour and a 1/2.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #439
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
We do have reservations for Pirates League at 5:20 that evening I am hoping that we won't need to use one of our park days for an hour and a 1/2.
Which party are you going to? As long as you're going after Sept 14 (the first party), you'll know for sure if you need to reschedule at PL or not. The problem is that there's no definite answer thus far about 4pm entry. If you go based on years past, it looks likely, but there are rumors flying around, like every year, that Disney will put a stop to 4pm entry this year. So if you can, I'd wait and see what happens.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #440
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I knew they did PL later than 3! When I looked at the website, I could swear I saw something that said they didn't take appointments after 3! I had considered doing it for DS for the party as well... but he's not actually 3 years old yet, so I figured I would save it for later.
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #441
SoScary'09
Has Friends on the Other Side

Anyone know how long the Halloween decorations stay up through Nov.? We're staying until Nov. 4th, a few days after the last MNSSHP but before the Christmas party and we were wondering if we would be able to see the park with no or Christmas decorations before we left.

Halloween '09:-CR Halloween '11:-Poly Halloween '13-BC March '14: First DL Trip
SoScary'09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #442
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoScary'09 View Post
Anyone know how long the Halloween decorations stay up through Nov.? We're staying until Nov. 4th, a few days after the last MNSSHP but before the Christmas party and we were wondering if we would be able to see the park with no or Christmas decorations before we left.
AS SOON AS the party is over on November 1, they will take down the Halloween decorations and get all Christmas ready for the first MVMCP on November 8.

They are pretty FAST but I'm not sure what you'll see.
beattyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #443
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoScary'09 View Post
We went in August 2008, and the fall/halloween decorations were put up literally overnight. Since the last party is Nov 1st, I wouldn't be surprised if they are all down on Nov 2nd.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #444
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I knew they did PL later than 3! When I looked at the website, I could swear I saw something that said they didn't take appointments after 3! I had considered doing it for DS for the party as well... but he's not actually 3 years old yet, so I figured I would save it for later.
TPL is open late on MNSSHP dates, check out The Official The Pirates League Thread for more info.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #445
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which party are you going to? As long as you're going after Sept 14 (the first party), you'll know for sure if you need to reschedule at PL or not. The problem is that there's no definite answer thus far about 4pm entry. If you go based on years past, it looks likely, but there are rumors flying around, like every year, that Disney will put a stop to 4pm entry this year. So if you can, I'd wait and see what happens.
We are going on Sept. 18, but I will be down there the 14th already. I wasn't planning on taking my laptop but I may have to in order to charge my camera (I don't know how otherwise, funny huh?) So I may or may not have Internet access in order to check the DIS to find out.
I will just play it by ear to find out I guess.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #446
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
have you tried booking a 2nd adr for 7pm or after in the park and keeping both until you find out the actual time you will be able to enter the park? I don't know the date of your MNSSHP but as long as it's not the first one this might help
good idea, but if we have to wait until 7pm to enter MK, i don't want to 'waste' time eating during the party, would just cancel the ADR I have & book something @ one of the monorail resorts. Just don't want to cancel the ADR i do have currently booked in MK if not necessary.

Quote:
See, that's the part that's confusing me about Passporter's information. I can understand 8am reservations, but does this mean that with a 3:30pm reservation somewhere I can get into MK without a day ticket? Would I then have to leave after dinner and come back for the party? It just seems a little off to me. I still don't think we should necessarily trust anything until Disney itself revises the party page and ticket information (which won't happen) or the first party rolls around and we see what happens on the day.

As far as I know, Cheshire hasn't commented on it, but I'm sure you could send a PM or something to see what they say I don't know if they'll have any information, though, either.
it is odd, until you read the following; where it sounds as though they're trying to appease those who had thought making an ADR after 4 pm would be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Maybe that's the best plan they could come up since they waited to change the policy until most of the adr's had been booked.
I do know that in the past when i've booked an ADR near the actual park closing time via phone the operator would indicate that it's a party night & special admission tix is required.

Maybe they will start to offer something along the lines of the Epcot CP dining package? (i hope not).

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #447
Disneyfreak05
Earning my Ears

Are there two parades during the MNSSHP? If so what times are they? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Floridian 9/05
POFQ 9/06
Wilderness Lodge 9/10

Me DW
Disneyfreak05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #448
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak05 View Post
Are there two parades during the MNSSHP? If so what times are they? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, in the past they were 8:15p and 10:30p
beattyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #449
sTINKS
Mouseketeer

And fireworks at 9:30pm.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #450
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Question

If it would be your first time MNSSHP -- what would be your "plan of attack" for the evening? We know we want to see Mickey and Minnie and the fairies and the Seven Dwarfs for sure. We will probably wait to see the later parade but we want to be in front of the castle for the fireworks too... Will we be able to do it? Our party night is Sept. 18, if that helps.
Oh... since we will be a family of pirates, we want to ride the Pirate's of the Caribbean that night for sure. I also think doing the Haunted Mansion that night would also be way cool.
Looking for suggestions --- want to get the most "bang for our buck" I guess. My hubby kinda choked when I told him what the ticket prices were for that night. Ha ha!
It will be my DH and our DD (9) and I and we are planning on relaxing and playing at our resort most of the day before our appointment for Pirate's League at 5:20 that evening.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: