Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #421
Lifeguard7
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Early Entry for MNSS

We have been many many times. Yes you can get in as early as 4:00 you will get a wrist bracelet. Well worth doing to avoid crowds at the gate later . Trust Me!!!!!
Lifeguard7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #422
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Asked Walt Disney Travel CM about entry time

I just called to update a room request and I asked about arrival time for MNSSHP, just to see what the answer was. I explained that I was expecting to be able to enter around 4pm.

The lady said no, that's not the case, "right now we're being advised it's a 7pm arrival."

I then asked okay so I have a 5pm ADR at Crystal Palace...she said you'd need to get a later reservation or spend the day at MK using your regular admission.

I am not using Park Hopper, so I was planning the day for us to visit a different park during the morning and then go to MK at 4pm and go to CP at 5.

And, of course, I'm going to the first party on September 14th...so we won't know for certain what they will do until that day.

Sure hoping that this is the wrong information about arrival, or perhaps that they are giving a specific answer when people ask. "7pm arrival" is a little different language than "you will not be admitted until 7."

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #423
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

We do know for certain. Plan on being able to get in at 4. It's a waste of phone time to call them and ask that question. They don't know what they're talking about.
Lou Holtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #424
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Holtz View Post
We do know for certain. Plan on being able to get in at 4. It's a waste of phone time to call them and ask that question. They don't know what they're talking about.
Thanks!! I did want to report what they are telling people...it's unfortunate they are giving out this information if it is not accurate. And I suppose I may be fueling the inaccuracy by posting what they are saying, though.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #425
BEANTOWNDR7
To Infinity and Beyond

Passporter is reporting the same details on not being allowed to enter before 7 pm; not sure what to believe. This is our 1st MNSSHP and was hoping to enter in early to avoid the lines. We are also not doing the park hopper thing and wanted to go to a different park that day. Oh well, we will have to wait and see until the first party.
November 2006 Disneyland - Peacock Suites
May 2007 WDW - AS Movies
February 2008 Disneyland - Peacock Suites
March 2009 WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort
October 2010 WDW - Bay Lake Towers
October 2011 WDW - Polynesian
November 2012 - Bay Lake Towers
October 2013 - Polynesian & Coronado Springs
January 2014 - Boardwalk

Me; Wife; Bre; Kenzie; Juli
BEANTOWNDR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #426
MErnst
Mouseketeer

Where can I find info on parade times for MNSSHP? This is our 2nd party and I don't remember 2 parades back in 2007. I'm hoping this year's party is a better experience than our first. It was sooo crowded that it made it difficult to have fun...maybe because it was mid-late October, idk. Hoping for the best!
MErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #427
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post

I hope I'm not coming across as combative or anything, as I don't mean to sound that way. I just wanted to point out that any information not directly from Disney regarding something that isn't in writing should be taken with a grain of salt, just like any other rumor, even if it is from a normally excellent source.

absolutely not, when dealing w/WDW via phone, typically, i make sure to keep calling until i get the answer I want as to offers/ratesand then, until i see a confirmation in writing am i 100% sure of what i was told over the phone. problem is you can easily call WDW & ask the same question 3 times in one day & get 3 totally different answers.

it's just that I do trust the info on passporter. their track record on reporting 'rumours' that turn out to be valid is stellar, much moreso imo than other disney sites including the mom's panel (sorry if i offend anybody), although mousesavers if a goodie too as to getting info out quickly.

im still confused as to how having an ADR could get u into park early if u didn't use a MYW tix that day though. Right now, im going to 'bank' on it until i read here otherwise, then i'll be scrambling to rethink my tix purchase needs for next year.

has cheshire figment (ticketing CM as i recall) commented on this possible change for party admission (7pm vs 4pm-soft opening) yet?

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #428
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
absolutely not, when dealing w/WDW via phone, typically, i make sure to keep calling until i get the answer I want as to offers/ratesand then, until i see a confirmation in writing am i 100% sure of what i was told over the phone. problem is you can easily call WDW & ask the same question 3 times in one day & get 3 totally different answers.

it's just that I do trust the info on passporter. their track record on reporting 'rumours' that turn out to be valid is stellar, much moreso imo than other disney sites including the mom's panel (sorry if i offend anybody), although mousesavers if a goodie too as to getting info out quickly.

im still confused as to how having an ADR could get u into park early if u didn't use a MYW tix that day though. Right now, im going to 'bank' on it until i read here otherwise, then i'll be scrambling to rethink my tix purchase needs for next year.

has cheshire figment (ticketing CM as i recall) commented on this possible change for party admission (7pm vs 4pm-soft opening) yet?

have you tried booking a 2nd adr for 7pm or after in the park and keeping both until you find out the actual time you will be able to enter the park? I don't know the date of your MNSSHP but as long as it's not the first one this might help
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #429
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I guess I will just have to stay tuned to see what they do this year... I made an ADR for LTT at 4:20, but if we can't get in, we willjust do CS at POP before we go!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #430
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
im still confused as to how having an ADR could get u into park early if u didn't use a MYW tix that day though. [snip]
See, that's the part that's confusing me about Passporter's information. I can understand 8am reservations, but does this mean that with a 3:30pm reservation somewhere I can get into MK without a day ticket? Would I then have to leave after dinner and come back for the party? It just seems a little off to me. I still don't think we should necessarily trust anything until Disney itself revises the party page and ticket information (which won't happen) or the first party rolls around and we see what happens on the day.

As far as I know, Cheshire hasn't commented on it, but I'm sure you could send a PM or something to see what they say I don't know if they'll have any information, though, either.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #431
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
See, that's the part that's confusing me about Passporter's information. I can understand 8am reservations, but does this mean that with a 3:30pm reservation somewhere I can get into MK without a day ticket? Would I then have to leave after dinner and come back for the party? It just seems a little off to me. I still don't think we should necessarily trust anything until Disney itself revises the party page and ticket information (which won't happen) or the first party rolls around and we see what happens on the day.

As far as I know, Cheshire hasn't commented on it, but I'm sure you could send a PM or something to see what they say I don't know if they'll have any information, though, either.

Maybe that's the best plan they could come up since they waited to change the policy until most of the adr's had been booked.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #432
NJ Mets fan
Mouseketeer

Stupid question

I bought my tickets online a few months ago, paid via credit card and now I can find any documentation other than the cc charge. I don't have any confirmation e-mails. I'm sure I could call Dis and find out what to do but I'm wondering if anyone who recently purchased can tell me what they did. I'm thinking maybe I printed something out but now I can't find anything???? Thx
NJ Mets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #433
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Mets fan View Post
I bought my tickets online a few months ago, paid via credit card and now I can find any documentation other than the cc charge. I don't have any confirmation e-mails. I'm sure I could call Dis and find out what to do but I'm wondering if anyone who recently purchased can tell me what they did. I'm thinking maybe I printed something out but now I can't find anything???? Thx
I'd call Disney and explain the situation to them. I'm sure you're not the first person this has happened to They should be able to look you up in the system or something.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #434
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Mets fan View Post
I bought my MNSSHP tickets last week and chose the eTicket option. I did receive an email confirmation with a link to print the eTickets. (You actually generate a PDF file, which can be saved and printed.)

Here's a little info on who to contact, from my confirmation email:
If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact Guest Services by emailing ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com or calling (407) 566-4985.

Here's a link to the page where you can print your eTicket, if that's what you chose:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...d=&language=en

Old 08-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #435
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yes. You can include ANY photopass from your trip.

And lest anyone not know this....... take a digital photo of the back of ANY photopass you get. If you lose the card, all you need is the number from the back of the card to add them to your account.
good advise....we do this every trip
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: