Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 01:45 AM   #406
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisy68 View Post
Good point! - except we have ressies for Pirate's League for that evening just before the party. I wonder if they will let us in or if we will need to use one of our park ticket days??
If it's at 4pm or later, you should be fine. I doubt that they will clear the park like some are posting. If they do decide to do that then you will need to use a park day ticket to get in for the Pirate's League.

I remember them clearing the park back in 2000 for MVMCP. I had everything planned perfectly. We ate at CP before the party started and then my Sister had to have a cigerette. That ment we had to leave the park. Then we were at the back of the line to enter the park again. Sheesh, she couldn't wait. I don't know how we didn't kill each other that trip. I will not go with my sister and BIL again. I'm lucky they both don't really care about WDW so I am able to take their girls.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #407
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

i emailed Disney to see if they have any info on this yet I'll let ye know when they reply
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #408
smillerguy
Mouseketeer

Wow. Clear the park as in everyone HAS to leave?? We have a late lunch at CP 2:00. We have a ticket for that day so I was not worried about getting in early. Will they make us leave after we eat to come back in?
smillerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #409
fey_spirit
DIS Veteran

If I understand this question you want to know if you're going to be asked to leave even though you have tickets to the party?
This should not be an issue (unless they change something) you can go trade in your tickets for wrist bands without leaving the park so you shouldn't have to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smillerguy View Post
Wow. Clear the park as in everyone HAS to leave?? We have a late lunch at CP 2:00. We have a ticket for that day so I was not worried about getting in early. Will they make us leave after we eat to come back in?
fey_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #410
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Dwarfs will be in the Fantasyland Skyway area. Snow and her Prince in Toon Town. All 9 should be available all night, I would suggest lining up for the dwarfs at 6:30.

Here is the rumored list of 2010 MNSSHP Characters.
Aw man! I look at your website almost daily and have seen all the changes and it just did not register with me that the dwarfs are going to be in a different location than Snow White and the prince. Oh well! I am glad the dwarfs are going to be out all night though!

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #411
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I hope they do go back to the old method. It would bring me back to the party.

Right now I see no reason to pay because the things I want to see (parade, fireworks etc..) are being accessed by people who "hung around". Since I think that's wrong I don't get to go.

I am not willing to pay for what other's are getting for free and I am not willing to stoop to thier level. So Disney gets less cash! More thier loss then mine! I am fine spending my October evenings at Epcot enjoying myself!

As for the "it's impossible to do this view" They did it for years... I expect they can do it again LOL!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #412
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I hope they do go back to the old method. It would bring me back to the party.

Right now I see no reason to pay because the things I want to see (parade, fireworks etc..) are being accessed by people who "hung around". Since I think that's wrong I don't get to go.

I am not willing to pay for what other's are getting for free and I am not willing to stoop to thier level. So Disney gets less cash! More thier loss then mine! I am fine spending my October evenings at Epcot enjoying myself!

As for the "it's impossible to do this view" They did it for years... I expect they can do it again LOL!
I suspect IF the rumor about no early entry is true that this may be the logic behind it. I believe many people have complained about non paying guests remaining in the parks and if they have decided to clear the parks this year it may be in response to the number or complaints.
baler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #413
T-rox
Mouseketeer

i had to have tiana before it came out. went to bibbidi boutique and talked to mgr (told her we were going to nawlins and goin on a riverboat and my dd had to have tiana, really it was me that wanted it so bad but whatev) and she went to back and got one for me after some hem hawing and mulling. tiane dresses were not on the floor, avaialbe online or anywhere in stores but i had a feeling. so i think you can get what you want
T-rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #414
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Honestly, they really don't let people "Hang Around". I think that was a problem when they first changed over, but not anymore.

In December, DW and I had an evening to ourselves, and we went to MK to ride Space Mountain just before our 7:30 PM Dinner Reservation at CG. Well, we got out of Space Mountain just at 7 PM...and CM were HERDING people out of the park. There was a group of people with one screaming at a CM at the entrance to SM that they should be able to ride the ride, but he was having none of it. They had CM at the entrance to everything...and if you didn't have a wristband...you were heading out! Now, we weren't TRYING to stick around, but they were really forcing us out. We even wanted to browse through the shops on Main Street...they wouldn't let us into the SHOPS either. I was quite surprised how effectively they were @ getting people out.

So, if the reason you are not doing MNSSHP is because of this, you might want to reconsider your stance.

In other news: I am convinced that the rumors of them not letting party-goers in until 7 PM are false.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR

Last edited by skier_pete; 08-13-2010 at 03:50 PM.
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #415
T-rox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
This made me laugh so much that I am going to let you have an inside peak into a conversation that happens daily at my house. For purposes of this mind meld This is me. This is DH

So I have been doing a lot of reading on the DIS board about the MNSSHP today.

This is what hears : Blah Blah Blah Disney Blah

I can't wait to go in October -- they say the crowds are going to be so much lower than June and the weather will be great too.

Is thinking -- Didn't she tell me this yesterday ?

The second parade is suppose to be less crowded and we have to be at our places 15 minutes early to see the headless horseman -- I can't wait.

Says --- I thought I told you a million times I hate parades. And why would I want to see a headless horse ? Do you remember when you made me sit 1 hour before the parade at Disneyland by The Small World Ride only to find out that the parade started on Main Street and I had to sit on the hard pavement for a total of 2 hours- When I could have road Space Mountain like 10 more times.

Is now thinking Did he just say headless horse -- Oh No He Didn't !!!

And now we wait 70plus more days for our 12 day annual trip back to our Happy Place
i think we may be married to same man! ha!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #416
T-rox
Mouseketeer

i have officially read all 28 pages to this point and do not have the answer to my question. the headless horseman ( or headless horse if that is what your husband hears) i understand you need to be in place 15 mins prior to parade to see him. But what does he do? obvi ride down mainstreet, but is it a trot or is he booking it? does he only make 1 pass? any words or music to go with? will be there oct 11. cant reveal costumes because they are so awesome! thanks for info
Old 08-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #417
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
The problem, though, is that all of this (everyone's info, not just Passporter's) is still just conjecture and speculation. We won't know for sure until the first parties happen.
or, perhaps, WDW will do the right thing and put the policy in writing to put this 'to bed'. If people need to purchase an extra park ticket in order to follow past practice & enter @ 4 pm, it certainly would be appropriate to let guests know before they purchase their party tix, unfortunately; that ship has sailed. Many guests r on tight budgets with the economy and this could be quite an unpleasant surprise.

It'd be nice to see WDW offer a discounted same day park ticket to those who purchase a party ticket (ala Univeral with their stay & play HHN tix) if only for this year. Those of us who are using non-expiring tickets from a prior visit are basically stuck paying yet another $85 if we want to enter @ 4 pm (the same time they've allowed guests in for at least the last few years)

btw, over the years as to items i've read in the newsletter, the people that run passporters aren't the type to spread unfounded rumours. Don't think they'd post it, even purely speculation, if they didn't have some inside info

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #418
Micky's biggest fan!
Mickey's Biggest fan

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rox View Post
i have officially read all 28 pages to this point and do not have the answer to my question. the headless horseman ( or headless horse if that is what your husband hears) i understand you need to be in place 15 mins prior to parade to see him. But what does he do? obvi ride down mainstreet, but is it a trot or is he booking it? does he only make 1 pass? any words or music to go with? will be there oct 11. cant reveal costumes because they are so awesome! thanks for info
Ok T-rox, here is the deal The Headless horseman gallops at a steady pace to NO music or anything. It is almost like a quick commotion as he passes, but very cool. He is pretty much just signaling the start of the parade. He only makes 1 pass at the begining of each parade. He is huge....I hope this helps!

Me: : DH : : DS11:: DS5:
Micky's biggest fan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #419
T-rox
Mouseketeer

thank you! that clears it up.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #420
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
or, perhaps, WDW will do the right thing and put the policy in writing to put this 'to bed'. If people need to purchase an extra park ticket in order to follow past practice & enter @ 4 pm, it certainly would be appropriate to let guests know before they purchase their party tix, unfortunately; that ship has sailed. Many guests r on tight budgets with the economy and this could be quite an unpleasant surprise.

It'd be nice to see WDW offer a discounted same day park ticket to those who purchase a party ticket (ala Univeral with their stay & play HHN tix) if only for this year. Those of us who are using non-expiring tickets from a prior visit are basically stuck paying yet another $85 if we want to enter @ 4 pm (the same time they've allowed guests in for at least the last few years)

btw, over the years as to items i've read in the newsletter, the people that run passporters aren't the type to spread unfounded rumours. Don't think they'd post it, even purely speculation, if they didn't have some inside info
But the fact is that the people at Passporter, the people on the Disboards, the people on that Mom's Panel thing on the Disney website are NOT the people making the decisions. That's all I meant by saying that, as of right now, no one knows for sure and everything's speculation, because it is. Even if Passporter has inside info, that info could change by the time the parties start. We won't have a definite answer on 4pm entry until September 14, unless, as you suggested, the Disney Company itself releases a statement or revises the language on the ticket purchasing pages. Personally, I'm planning on 7pm just in case, but I do have a couple of early reservations. So, according to Passporter, I'm good either way.

I hope I'm not coming across as combative or anything, as I don't mean to sound that way. I just wanted to point out that any information not directly from Disney regarding something that isn't in writing should be taken with a grain of salt, just like any other rumor, even if it is from a normally excellent source.

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: