Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #316
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew71 View Post
72 days for us. DGF - DS and myself it is counting down.
48 days until DS learns he is going to WDW for his first time. Birthday Surprise.

Man, the suspense is a killer.
Best of luck!

I surprised my DS last year about his bday trip and he found out about it 3 days before we left. I kept my big mouth shut for almost a whole year too!
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #317
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran
 
eeyoresnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 10,013

sorry if this has been asked but is there a thread listing what DISers will be at what party? thanks


this will be our first September trip and our first MNSSHP
__________________
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #318
YodaGirl
DIS Veteran
 
YodaGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,492

What type of clothing options do they have?

I've seen t-shirts mentioned.

What about a sweatshirt or hoodie?
__________________
Me (33), DH (32), DD (7), and DS (3)

WDW
Nov '82 OP, Aug '86 FtW, May '87 OP, May '89 FtW, Jun '91 FtW, July '96 Poly, July '97 FtW, July '04 FtW, March '06 FtW, May '09 FtW, Oct '10 FtW, Mar '13 FtW

YodaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #319
DenLo
DIS Veteran
 
DenLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 4,622

I see that on September 30th, the date of our MNSSHP tickets that MK closes at 5:00 PM. Can you stay at the park the whole day and just stay for MNSSHP? Or do they make everyone leave at park closure. Or do you have to leave the park when it closes? Are any rides operating after the official park closure and before MNSSHP opens? Where would you eat dinner before the party begins? Are reservations necessary?

This MNSSHP is our first so appreciate your help, there are only adults in our party. Thanks.
__________________
--Denise

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 AM   #320
Turtle31
DIS Veteran
 
Turtle31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
I see that on September 30th, the date of our MNSSHP tickets that MK closes at 5:00 PM. Can you stay at the park the whole day and just stay for MNSSHP? Or do they make everyone leave at park closure. Or do you have to leave the park when it closes? Are any rides operating after the official park closure and before MNSSHP opens? Where would you eat dinner before the party begins? Are reservations necessary?

This MNSSHP is our first so appreciate your help, there are only adults in our party. Thanks.

Just checked the 30th and it says 7:00om close time. Might be a possiblity that if you were looking at your ten day forecast of dates you looked at AK by accident, it is the only park that closed that early. And is also the first park listed in the ten day rollout of park hours if you view it in that format.



We are going to eat dinner at 5:00 at Liberty Tree Tavern, to insure we are done before 6:30. I can not say if a reservation is truely needed, but I don't go anywhere with out one.
I would eat somewhere in the park. Not sure if you are looking for counterservice or table suggestions, but we love The Plaza and would highly recommend that, and it's not to bad if your paying out of pocket IMHO !
__________________
Donna
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 08-05-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #321
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
I see that on September 30th, the date of our MNSSHP tickets that MK closes at 5:00 PM. Can you stay at the park the whole day and just stay for MNSSHP? Or do they make everyone leave at park closure. Or do you have to leave the park when it closes? Are any rides operating after the official park closure and before MNSSHP opens? Where would you eat dinner before the party begins? Are reservations necessary?

This MNSSHP is our first so appreciate your help, there are only adults in our party. Thanks.

you would need a park pass to spend the day and a hard ticket for the MNSSHP. After 4pm you would head to the front to get a wristband.
CMs will make people who do not have wrist bands on to leave the park.

We will be eating at CS this night. we do not want to waste a moment of party time eating. We will enter about 4pm and get tomorrowland done then eat at cosmic rays.
you can make reservations at TS but will need a MNSSHP in order to do it
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #322
DenLo
DIS Veteran
 
DenLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 4,622

Thanks for the replies. We too are thinking of a CS dinner or eating early at our villa at BLT and then walking over to MK.
__________________
--Denise

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #323
DenLo
DIS Veteran
 
DenLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 4,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Just checked the 30th and it says 7:00om close time. Might be a possiblity that if you were looking at your ten day forecast of dates you looked at AK by accident, it is the only park that closed that early. And is also the first park listed in the ten day rollout of park hours if you view it in that format.



We are going to eat dinner at 5:00 at Liberty Tree Tavern, to insure we are done before 6:30. I can not say if a reservation is truely needed, but I don't go anywhere with out one.
I would eat somewhere in the park. Not sure if you are looking for counterservice or table suggestions, but we love The Plaza and would highly recommend that, and it's not to bad if your paying out of pocket IMHO !
You were right I looked at the wrong park last night. I shouldn't be posting after 10:30 pm as I always get things wrong. Just a brain freeze. Thanks for the restaurant info.
__________________
--Denise

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #324
disnee4mygirls
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
you would need a park pass to spend the day and a hard ticket for the MNSSHP. After 4pm you would head to the front to get a wristband.
CMs will make people who do not have wrist bands on to leave the park.

We will be eating at CS this night. we do not want to waste a moment of party time eating. We will enter about 4pm and get tomorrowland done then eat at cosmic rays.
you can make reservations at TS but will need a MNSSHP in order to do it
This will be our first halloween party but at the christmas parties, they never made anyone leave. They just start asking to see the wristbands for stuff (meet and greets, rides, etc) and if you don't have them, you pretty much can't do anything but shop and watch. We saw tons of folks sitting for the parade without the bands who most likely hand't paid to stay for the party. So be prepared for that. They don't shut down the park to clear everyone out, but would be much better if they did, I just figure it would take them too long to get those out who don't realize the park is closing.....when I worked for Disney, we couldn't MAKE anyone leave, only try to encourage/hint that it was time for them to go (turning out lights, turning off music, locking doors (not all of them of course), etc)
__________________
DH Me DD 9 DD 13 DS 5



disnee4mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #325
princessfionasmom
DIS Veteran
 
princessfionasmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 1,092

I thought I read somewhere that there was a military discount for MNSSHP tickets but now I can't find it (could well be that it was something else LOL), does anyone know if there is such a discount???
TIA
__________________
(Me & DH) (DS 13) (DD 11)
2/02 ASSp - 5/03 offsite -5/04 Pop - 9/04 DCL - 5/06 Pop - 3/07 SOG - 12/08 SSR/POP - 10/09 BLT/OKW - 06/10 BWV/BLT 01/11 BLT - 1/2 Marathon 09/12 celebrate DH's recovery from BMT & 15 yr wedding anniversary! 05/13 Expedition Everest 5k w/DS 10/13 GFV Adult only W&D Next up 11/14 BLT for W&D 1/2 marathon
princessfionasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #326
I_heart_Tinkerbell
Mouseketeer
 
I_heart_Tinkerbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 90

I can't wait for MNSSHP!!! I was on the fence about a last minute trip 9-13 to 9-16. Then I saw that the first party was 9/14 I said I am in!!!
I_heart_Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #327
baler31
DIS Veteran
 
baler31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnee4mygirls View Post
This will be our first halloween party but at the christmas parties, they never made anyone leave. They just start asking to see the wristbands for stuff (meet and greets, rides, etc) and if you don't have them, you pretty much can't do anything but shop and watch. We saw tons of folks sitting for the parade without the bands who most likely hand't paid to stay for the party. So be prepared for that. They don't shut down the park to clear everyone out, but would be much better if they did, I just figure it would take them too long to get those out who don't realize the park is closing.....when I worked for Disney, we couldn't MAKE anyone leave, only try to encourage/hint that it was time for them to go (turning out lights, turning off music, locking doors (not all of them of course), etc)
Someone must have dropped the ball on this one as on each of our visits we have seen people escorted out of the park. Several times after eating at a restaurant and last time the family in front of us for the parade were asked to leave as they did not have tickets.
baler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #328
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!
 
beattyfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 24,155

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnee4mygirls View Post
This will be our first halloween party but at the christmas parties, they never made anyone leave. They just start asking to see the wristbands for stuff (meet and greets, rides, etc) and if you don't have them, you pretty much can't do anything but shop and watch. We saw tons of folks sitting for the parade without the bands who most likely hand't paid to stay for the party. So be prepared for that. They don't shut down the park to clear everyone out, but would be much better if they did, I just figure it would take them too long to get those out who don't realize the park is closing.....when I worked for Disney, we couldn't MAKE anyone leave, only try to encourage/hint that it was time for them to go (turning out lights, turning off music, locking doors (not all of them of course), etc)
Oh, I've definitely seen people escorted out party nights.

I've also seen people told they cannot shop after 7p.

This current systems isn't great but I think the CMs working the parties do a pretty darn good job clearing the park of non-party guests.

But I do wish they'd go back to the previous method though where they did close the park for an hour to clear it out and then re-open. That was so much better.
beattyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #329
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_heart_Tinkerbell View Post
I can't wait for MNSSHP!!! I was on the fence about a last minute trip 9-13 to 9-16. Then I saw that the first party was 9/14 I said I am in!!!
when you get home could youpost something---anything about the party?


Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
But I do wish they'd go back to the previous method though where they did close the park for an hour to clear it out and then re-open. That was so much better.
I can not imagine how it could be better.

They close the park at 7--- and you will have thousands standing at the gate to get in.
I can imagine it takes longer then 10 minutes to close a park and get people outta there.

can you explain to my poor head how they did do this?


and a curious question- would people still buy the tickets if they can only enter enmass at 7pm?
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #330
Jen0504
Mouseketeer
 
Jen0504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Posts: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
This made me laugh so much that I am going to let you have an inside peak into a conversation that happens daily at my house. For purposes of this mind meld This is me. This is DH


So I have been doing a lot of reading on the DIS board about the MNSSHP today.

This is what hears : Blah Blah Blah Disney Blah

I can't wait to go in October -- they say the crowds are going to be so much lower than June and the weather will be great too.

Is thinking -- Didn't she tell me this yesterday ?

The second parade is suppose to be less crowded and we have to be at our places 15 minutes early to see the headless horseman -- I can't wait.

Says --- I thought I told you a million times I hate parades. And why would I want to see a headless horse ? Do you remember when you made me sit 1 hour before the parade at Disneyland by The Small World Ride only to find out that the parade started on Main Street and I had to sit on the hard pavement for a total of 2 hours- When I could have road Space Mountain like 10 more times.

Is now thinking Did he just say headless horse -- Oh No He Didn't !!!


And now we wait 70plus more days for our 12 day annual trip back to our Happy Place
OMG Too Funny!! Well at least your husband will go with you. My sister and I now have to take our kids together, because BOTH of our husbands don't quite get it. Oh Well, as long as we get to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agravette View Post
Oh, us too girl!!! We're down to 48 and are so excited!!! When are you guys going to the Halloween Party? We're going on the 30th for sure and hoping to go on the 21st as well.
We are going on the 21st!!
__________________
Jen0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: