Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #271
NJ Mets fan
Mouseketeer

Going on Halloween

I am going on Halloween. I wonder now if that was a bad choice since the park will likely be more crowded? My other option would have been the last day which I think was the 1st or 2nd. Does anyone know how the crowds are on Halloween?
NJ Mets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #272
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Mets fan View Post
I am going on Halloween. I wonder now if that was a bad choice since the park will likely be more crowded? My other option would have been the last day which I think was the 1st or 2nd. Does anyone know how the crowds are on Halloween?
It will most likely sell out. Given the choice, I would do some other stuff on Halloween night, maybe DTD, then do the party the next night on the 1st. It should be less crowded. Heck, given the choice I'd probably go the 31st for the atmosphere, and not expect to get a lot done, then go back the next night to do a lot more! It's just money, right????
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #273
stephielela
DIS Veteran

So is it pretty safe to assume that the party on the 28th of September will not sell out? I haven't managed to buy my tickets yet... but I am really nervous about waiting till the day of to get them... I will probably try to buy them next month, but just in case, what are my odds? Anyone walk up and buy tickets at the end of September last year?
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #274
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly Hill View Post
If you're facing It's a Small World, the Fantasyland Skyway is to your left - it's a stroller parking area now.
Cool thanks for info
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #275
Tigerlilypad
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I have a quick costume question. Is it appropriate for an adult to go dressed as Tink? Costume is actually fairly modest, not low cut and the skirt goes down almost to the knees. As long as I am not "too" realistic, it should be okay, correct? (Don't think that will be a problem. Am a brunette and not "pixie" sized We joke that I will actually be going as "Tonkerbell, Tinkerbell's slightly chubby cousin" Thanks! SO excited for the 21st!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #276
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlilypad View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I have a quick costume question. Is it appropriate for an adult to go dressed as Tink? Costume is actually fairly modest, not low cut and the skirt goes down almost to the knees. As long as I am not "too" realistic, it should be okay, correct? (Don't think that will be a problem. Am a brunette and not "pixie" sized We joke that I will actually be going as "Tonkerbell, Tinkerbell's slightly chubby cousin" Thanks! SO excited for the 21st!!!
It is actually fine at the parties for adult guests to dress in costume - this is the only time disney allows it. The only thing they ask is that you do not act as though you are the real character employed by disney, and no autographs. Otherwise, have fun
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #277
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
So is it pretty safe to assume that the party on the 28th of September will not sell out? I haven't managed to buy my tickets yet... but I am really nervous about waiting till the day of to get them... I will probably try to buy them next month, but just in case, what are my odds? Anyone walk up and buy tickets at the end of September last year?
That's the night we're going. I did purchase our tickets early. My parents went last year (last week of September) and they bought their tickets the day of.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #278
ems_mom
DIS Veteran

Do you think its safe to wait until we arrive (10/2) to purchase tickets for the 10/7 party? I am thinking this way we will have some idea of the weather and not have to bother with trying to get refunded if it is rained out. Thoughts?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #279
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

The First Post has had a sizeable upgrade.

I have put an FAQ from this thread -- so that it is easy to read all the questions and answers quicker for those of us who can't be on the DIS 24/7 -- I myself try to limit it to like 12 hours out of 12

Feel free to let me know at anytime if there is something that is missing from the first post

Only 43 more days until that first party
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #280
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

This is awesome!

Thanks so much for posting this. Never been before so this has been a big help.

Lisa

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #281
mikew71
Earning My Ears

Costume, All day, or just for the party?

Regarding the kids costumes. Do many people save putting on the costume to the evening parade and party, or maybe wear part of it. I have made my sons costumes in the past, he likes them but they weren't exactly ride friendly, some paper mache or a little bulky for sitting in a ride Etc. This year I'm going to try and keep it a lot less bulky, but still may consider only wearing part of it or maybe hit the rides first thing, then get "suited up" so to speak. I don't want him to miss out on the attention from the CM too during the day. I want him to get the "FULL" experiance.

Any experience or advice.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

MK summer 78
MK, HS, Epcot 6-92
MK, HS, AK, Epcot (CSR and BCV) 10-09
Stayed at AKL for DS's first trip 10-10
MK, AK, HS, Epcot (BCV) 5-11
MK, AK, HS, Epcot (WLV) 10-11
Going back (BCV) 3-12

Referd to DIS by DGF
mikew71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #282
dis314
Earning My Ears

We're thinking of trying to enter the park closer to 4pm. Would it be OK for us adults to wear costume from the resort, use the monorail, and enter the park that early on, or would it be frowned upon? We plan to be dressed up as Disney characters (of course we definitely won't pretend we're authentic), and would like to do some meet-and-greets and rides before the party starts. I don't want to change in the bathroom at the park if I can avoid it...
dis314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #283
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew71 View Post
Regarding the kids costumes. Do many people save putting on the costume to the evening parade and party...
Since we're not paying for Park Hoppers this time, we're planning to do another theme park earlier in the day and then enter MK at 4pm. No point in paying extra for the party and then also visiting MK as the theme park for that day too. We'll get into costume for the 4pm arrival.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #284
mikew71
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis314 View Post
Would it be OK for us adults to wear costume from the resort, use the monorail, and enter the park that early on, or would it be frowned upon?
I'm sure there will be plenty of other adults in costumes heading to the parks at that time. it wouldn't be a big deal for me, not much to my custume, cowboy boots and hat, maybe a duster is it's not too hot.
Quote:
I don't want to change in the bathroom at the park if I can avoid it...
I don't blame you there.

MK summer 78
MK, HS, Epcot 6-92
MK, HS, AK, Epcot (CSR and BCV) 10-09
Stayed at AKL for DS's first trip 10-10
MK, AK, HS, Epcot (BCV) 5-11
MK, AK, HS, Epcot (WLV) 10-11
Going back (BCV) 3-12

Referd to DIS by DGF
mikew71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #285
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis314 View Post
We're thinking of trying to enter the park closer to 4pm. Would it be OK for us adults to wear costume from the resort, use the monorail, and enter the park that early on, or would it be frowned upon? We plan to be dressed up as Disney characters (of course we definitely won't pretend we're authentic), and would like to do some meet-and-greets and rides before the party starts. I don't want to change in the bathroom at the park if I can avoid it...
DD and I did this 2 years ago and will do it again this year. No problem getting in in costume at 4 and believe me, you won't be alone Have fun.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: