Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #1861
McIntoshTx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knieriem View Post
Going to the Halloween Party tonight!!!! Made my pirate costumes last night.
Sweet have a great time!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #1862
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

In the 7 dwarves line now. Got in line at 600 and two families in front. At 635 almost 20 families in line. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Beautiful weather for sure.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #1863
disnee4mygirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
In the 7 dwarves line now. Got in line at 600 and two families in front. At 635 almost 20 families in line. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Beautiful weather for sure.
That's awesome! We tried to get in line last night around 630 and the line was HUGE! We sadly had to pass it up for other things.

disnee4mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #1864
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

I went to Thursday's party and I have to say I thought some of you that are going twice, were nuts. After going to the party I've realized, you do need atleast 2 days to do it all. We never even left Adventureland and Frontierland and we got there at 7pm and closed the place down!! It is rather eery walking through Adventureland with noone else around LOL and everything closed!!!

AliceinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #1865
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all of the info! We had such a great time that we went a second time last week. There is so much to do/see, once is not enough.

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #1866
LC30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31 View Post
Looking for some feedback on my plan for the party. We will be attending twice and this is my plan for Sunday night. Let me know if you think it is reasonable or what might be better. Thanks for your help. Meeting the characters and seeing the parade/fireworks once during out two parties are what my kids have pushed for.

6:00 Line up for 7 Dwarfs

Cinderella's Carriage

Meet Hag

7:45 Villian Show Line up to meet Maleficent also meet Snow Queen

8:15 Head to Toon Town, do Minnie/Mickey and Princesses do Treat Trail

9:15 Head to Town Square to try to see Pooh Characters

Try to watch Hallowishes while we wait for Pooh Characters

10:05 Get Spot for Parade in Frontierland

Ride Haunted Mansion do Photo

11:15 Adventureland Veranda characters
We just got back....We got a spot on main street right in front for the 2nd parade. Not crowded. Then we went to dwarfs around 11:15 p.m...25 mins wait. That was the shortest the line had been all night.

Good luck. It was lots of fun again!
4 Night Disney Wonder May 2009 - First Disney Cruise
WDW + MVMCP Dec 2008, WDW + MNSSHP Oct 2008, WDW April 2001

LC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #1867
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I can't wait till next year to do the party again! I'm interested to hear what the crowds are like this week since it is getting closer to Haloween...
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #1868
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

We had no luck with the Mickey Ghost Buckets. Keot our eyes out and no luck. Only the ToT and Fab Five as Villians. My DW asked around and found a solitary Headless Horseman Bucket at Sleepy Hollow, so we considered that a score.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #1869
islandsnoopy
Mouseketeer

Halloween Glow in the dark Gift Card

Are the Halloween glow in the dark gift cards available at all the WDW & DTD stores or only certain locations? Appreciate any info on where I find them!
islandsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #1870
Virgderon
DIS Veteran

Thanks to this board I got the best pictures ever! We went on Friday the 22nd. We did the Haunted mansion ghost picture right when the party started and waited about 5 minutes. Then we went immediately to the 7 Dwarves and did that picture in about 10 to 15 minutes. Had no trouble getting a great spot for the 1st parade and the fireworks.

We even did the 2nd parade, but sat right by the Maingate exit. There were plenty of places for anyone who wanted to sit to do so.

The longest wait was about 30 minutes to do the Mickey picture in Toontown, which turned out to be our least favorite picture. There is something wrong with the lighting in there. There were large shadows in our pictures, and our faces look kind of washed out.

We skipped the trick or treating, and a couple times the CMs just threw stuff in our bags as we walked by. I honestly do not know why people wait in line for candy if they don't have kids. Later in the night there were long lines for candy, and its really not good candy. :-)

Last edited by Virgderon; 10-25-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Virgderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #1871
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgderon View Post
Thanks to this board I got the best pictures ever! We went on Friday the 22nd. We did the Haunted mansion ghost picture right when the party started and waited about 5 minutes. Then we went immediately to the 7 Dwarves and did that picture in about 10 to 15 minutes. Had no trouble getting a great spot for the 1st parade and the fireworks.

We even did the 2nd parade, but sat right by the Maingate exit. There were plenty of places for anyone who wanted to sit to do so.

The longest wait was about 30 minutes to do the Mickey picture in Toontown, which turned out to be our least favorite picture. There is something wrong with the lighting in there. There were large shadows in our pictures, and our faces look kind of washed out.

We skipped the trick or treating, and a couple times the CMs just threw stuff in our bags as we walked by. I honestly do not know why people wait in line for candy if they don't have kids. Later in the night there were long lines for candy, and its really not good candy. :-)
please post pics!

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #1872
Virgderon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
please post pics!
I will as soon as I buy them. I'm still in Disney today, and I have not bought them yet.

I could put up a couple from when we gave our camera to the Photopass CM, but I can't figure out how? I went to the FAQ and I don't see how to do it there.

Last edited by Virgderon; 10-25-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Virgderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #1873
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
please post pics!
my pics are in my trip report linked below
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #1874
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgderon View Post
I will as soon as I buy them. I'm still in Disney today, and I have not bought them yet.

I could put up a couple from when we gave our camera to the Photopass CM, but I can't figure out how? I went to the FAQ and I don't see how to do it there.
You need to post somewhere else, like Photobucket, then include the link [IMG] to your photo in your post.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #1875
smillerguy
Mouseketeer

Hi We will be checking in Thursday and attending our first party on mOnday night (the last one). Thanks for all the tips. Any one at The contemporary now? Tryin to find out special events for Halloween.. Thanks!
smillerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: