Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #1741
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom View Post
2. She goes back and forth about meeting Malificent. She wants to, but she's afraid Malificient will be mean. Do the villains say "evil" things when you meet them? Keep in mind we're talking "evil" to a 4 year old.
My DD was 5 when she net Maleficent after the Villains mix and mingle. She loved her! In fact she wanted to go as Maleficent this year, so she could show the real Maleficent her costume, and have her picture taken with her.

Maleficent even showed my DD how to pose!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #1742
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Has anyone confirmed if the strollers were free at the party? I really don't want to bring one but I don't want to hear the whining at 10:00pm either !
They are NOT free at the party.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #1743
Ohiovolfan
Earning My Ears

Cool

Just returned from Disney last night. We attended MNSHHP on Thursday Oct. 7

It was our second time attending the party. We attended our first one way back in 2007 and loved it!! Walk on to most rides, low crowds and no congestion.

This year our experience was much different. We found the streets so congested that it was hard to navigate at all. In fact I thought the party was MORE crowded than any of our daytime visits previous in the week. Which was obviously very disappointing to us. We waited to view the 10:30 parade and if it was less crowded than the first parade then the first parade must have been unbearable!

Does anyone know if all the party nights have been this crowded or did we just happen to come on an abnormally busy night? Or maybe word has gotten around and the popularity of the party has increased significantly over the years.

Don't get me wrong - the party was great and we had tons of fun - it was just way more crowded than we anticipated.
Ohiovolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #1744
poohj80
Got Hunny?

We also attended the party Thursday night and there were some lines, but we didn't think they were too bad. The longest lines were for the special photo ops, but we got the 7 dwarves by being in line early and was surprised that their line was not overwhelming even an hour later. The Toy Story dance party was empty when we were there. DD had Woody, Jesse, and Bullseye all to herself for quite awhile.

Candy was much better but did not get as much even on the trail from Toon Town to Space Mountain (probably for the best).

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #1745
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

It may have been that it was the beginning of Columbus Day weekend. We went to the party 9/30 and it was empty. It did get busier later in the evening but still surprisingly uncrowded.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #1746
jenscourt
Mouseketeer

I went on September 25 and didn't find it very crowded either. I agree with the PP that it must have been unusually busy since it was Columbus Day weekend.
jenscourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #1747
Nutz4Dizney
DIS Veteran

I got back at Midnight Friday night but was so busy I didn't have to post.

I just wanted to mention Mickey and Minnie DO NOT change outfits during the night. In fact there are 2 rooms 1 with them dressed as Princess/prirate and 1 with them dressed as witch/magician.

I know this is a fact because we saw witch/magician in the first part of the night on Sept 30 then later on in the night we went back to see if they changed their outfits. The CM at the door said When it's your turn ask quietly if you can see princess/pirate. So we waited in the handicapped section and when the CM who was letting people into the room came out I asked if we could see princess/pirate. He said you will have to wait for next wave of people. He went to the regular line got the amount of people he's supposed to and let them in 1 room I heard someone say Minnie is a Witch. After the CM let them into the 1st room he came back got us from handicapped line and some others from the regular line and put us in another room where we found princess/pirate.....
Sept 2002 Poly - Sept 2004 CR - April 2005 PC - Sept 2005 CR - Sept 2006 CR - Dec 2007 CR - Dec 2008 POFQ - Sept 2009 PORS - Sept 2010 CBR (Pirate Room) - Sept 2012 POP - Sept 2013 CBR - Sept 2014 AoA (CARS)
2 Disney Cruises June 2006 Wonder - August 2007 Wonder

Nutz4Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #1748
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz4Dizney View Post
I just wanted to mention Mickey and Minnie DO NOT change outfits during the night. In fact there are 2 rooms 1 with them dressed as Princess/prirate and 1 with them dressed as witch/magician.

I know this is a fact because we saw witch/magician in the first part of the night on Sept 30 then later on in the night we went back to see if they changed their outfits. The CM at the door said When it's your turn ask quietly if you can see princess/pirate. So we waited in the handicapped section and when the CM who was letting people into the room came out I asked if we could see princess/pirate. He said you will have to wait for next wave of people. He went to the regular line got the amount of people he's supposed to and let them in 1 room I heard someone say Minnie is a Witch. After the CM let them into the 1st room he came back got us from handicapped line and some others from the regular line and put us in another room where we found princess/pirate.....
that's good to know, thank you for posting

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
dee slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #1749
laughinplace2
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Wait, Im confused---so they are actually in two different rooms? I thought they were just in one certain spot and kept switching off...are these rooms you speak of right next to each other? I just really want to get a pic with magician/witch mickey and minnie! So which room would I go to?? Thanks

My Disney trips:
March 1987 with my parents, 1988 with my mom and Aunt, Summer 1994 with Aunt, Grandma and cousin, July 2000 with dad and siblings, August 2007 with my sister, May 2008 with my best friend-Pirate & Princess Party , April 2010 with my mom, Halloween 2010
, August 2011, January 2012-First Disney Cruise!, May 2012-Star Wars Weekend! Christmas 2012 June 2013, first solo trip, August 2013-First trip to Disneyland/D23 Expo!April 2014, Easter WeekJune 2014, 2nd trip to Disneyland!!! October 2014 First RunDisney Event, WDW
laughinplace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #1750
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow! If I had known that we mighted have waited in line again! That's pretty amazing info, parehaps I will use that next year...
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #1751
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So if I want to see the witch/magician outfits should I just tell that to the CM at the line entrance?

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #1752
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Went to 1st MNSSHP and LOVED it!!!

We attended on Oct 7th and true it was very busy but we were able to meet many characters (seven dwarfs, snow witch, snow queen, maleficent, Jafar, Alice, Mad Hatter, red queen, etc) and the kids got a ton of candy! If you stay until the end of the night the cast tops off your bags and even hands out ones that are filled to get rid of them. TIPS: 1. Go to the 1st parade and sit in frontier land where it begins(2nd show was slammed unlike advice we were given to see the 2nd show)you can then leave 1st and go to frontierland and it is so much less hectic. 2. Get in line early for 7 dwarfs if you want them. We missed Mickey and Minnie due to a 45-50 minute wait time for the dwarfs. Mickie and Minnie close at 15-20 til so put it on your list if you wanna get them. 3. Maleficent and the Snow queen have que lines if you want them just get in the que line 15-20 min before show time and you will be first or second. 4. All the princeses are with their princes so nows your time to get the pictures! 5. They do the cool pictures where they superimpose the haunted mansion ghosts out in front of the riverbaot and in front of the carriage! Good Luck and have fun! It is so worth the money and time!
camandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #1753
Cinderally
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for posting the updates!! I am soo ready to get there!! We will be at the party on the 26th and I am going to quietly ask the CM for Mickey Magician and Minnie witch..that's the photo I really want!

Me DH DD DD DS

Cinderally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #1754
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

I went to the 3rd and 7th parties and had loads of fun, even though I was completely dead by the end of the night.

Not exactly party related, but does anyone know what was up with the little walls around the cemetery at The Haunted Mansion on the 7th? DH and I noticed them earlier in the day and were surprised when they were still up for the party.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #1755
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnawufei View Post
I went to the 3rd and 7th parties and had loads of fun, even though I was completely dead by the end of the night.

Not exactly party related, but does anyone know what was up with the little walls around the cemetery at The Haunted Mansion on the 7th? DH and I noticed them earlier in the day and were surprised when they were still up for the party.
We wondered about that too. DH thought maybe they used the real tombstones from Haunted Mansion on the float in the parade so put the walls up so guests wouldn't see them missing.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: