Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #1726
DCDisney
On my way...

I agree that Nov 1 though busy wasn't as spirited. We dressed up and it didn't seem like many others did to the point that we took off parts of our costumes mid party. It's still fun for sure but not quite the same. They also seemed to be running very low on candy by about 10 pm and didn't give any out at the exits like they do most nights.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #1727
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
I agree that Nov 1 though busy wasn't as spirited. We dressed up and it didn't seem like many others did to the point that we took off parts of our costumes mid party. It's still fun for sure but not quite the same. They also seemed to be running very low on candy by about 10 pm and didn't give any out at the exits like they do most nights.
It won't bother me so much if people aren't dressed up. My kids will still have fun dressing up. As long as the parade, fireworks, and character interaction are still as good, I'll be happy. I would be annoyed if they ran out of candy though b/c my kids want to T/T and it's part of what you pay for. They should plan accordingly. I'm sure they'll get enough though.

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #1728
Cinderally
Earning My Ears

Wink

Ok, not really sure how to post a ? on here...first time for me..

Does anybody know if there is a "MNSSHP" scrapbook available for sale during the party?

Me DH DD DD DS

Cinderally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #1729
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Has anyone confirmed if the strollers were free at the party? I really don't want to bring one but I don't want to hear the whining at 10:00pm either !
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #1730
disneynewbeemom
DIS Veteran

Here's a recap of our Halloween Parties:

MNSSHP Sunday, October 3: We entered the park at 4:30 and did Space Mountain, Speedway, Phiharmagic, Snow White, Pooh. At 6:15, I headed to the 7 Dwarves location and was first on line while my husband and kids did Dumbo and the Carousel. We got our Dwarves pictures and were on our way by 7:01. We headed to see Mickey and Minnie and waited about 20 minutes in line. We then met the Mad Hatter and Alice before trick or treating. We then did rides in Tomorrowland and did the dance party. We got a great spot for the fireworks and then rode more rides before leaving at 11:00ish (tired from traveling). Overall crowds were low. Most rides were walk-ons. Candy was abundant. Popcorn buckets were sold out. Photopass photographers were everywhere. Great weather and super fun.

MNSSHP Thursday, October 7: Entered park at 4:00. Rode rides and met Jessie/Woody, Pirate Goofy before the party. At 6:30, I lined up for Daisy and Donald. My family rode more rides. Got pictures with Daisy and Donald at 7:00 and headed to trick or treat. Rode rides in Tomorrowland. Headed over to Adventureland during the first parade. Met Tarzan, Terk, Rafikki, Baloo, and King Louie. Headed to Pirates and met Captain Hook. Rode some more rides before seeing the late parade. Headed to the 11:15 Villians show and met Cruella, Queen of Hearts, and Snow White's Evil Queen. Rode rides until closing. Crowds were much larger than Sunday. Space Mountain had a 45 min. wait at 11:45. Popcorn buckets were in stock. Overall, we had two great evenings and saw everything we wanted to see and rode so many rides. We have tons of candy!
disneynewbeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #1731
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I scanned lots of posts, but I didn't read each post word for word.

I've read that Capt. Hook is a roaming character in the Caribbean plaza, but I've also seen that he has a dedicated line outside POTC.

AND he is part of the Villain Mix and Mingle.

So

1. Does Capt. Hook stay roaming and/or have a line all night or is he available near POTC just in between Villain Mix and Mingles?

This is a MUST see for my 4 year old daughter and I need to make sure I have a good plan for meeting him.

2. She goes back and forth about meeting Malificent. She wants to, but she's afraid Malificient will be mean. Do the villains say "evil" things when you meet them? Keep in mind we're talking "evil" to a 4 year old.

I'm trying to decide if I should head straight to POTC after 7 Dwarfs to meet Capt. Hook or do I try to meet him after a villain show?

Thanks for any advice.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4

Last edited by graceesmom; 10-08-2010 at 09:27 PM.
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #1732
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderally View Post
Ok, not really sure how to post a ? on here...first time for me..

Does anybody know if there is a "MNSSHP" scrapbook available for sale during the party?
Never heard of such a thing.
Lou Holtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #1733
Cinderally
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Holtz View Post
Never heard of such a thing.
Thanks for replying...I saw one on ************.com and thought I would wait and purchase it when I got to WDW, but they sold out already. I like to buy the albums at the different parks so when I get home I will be ready to start scrapbooking our trip.

Me DH DD DD DS

Cinderally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #1734
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Seven dwarves have moved to across from Pooh ride and Cindy's coach is now where Dwarves were.
Looks like the Seven Dwarves have moved to across from TMAWP and have been replaced by Cinderella's coach at the skyway.

This is not a rain location, it looks like a permanent party move. Not sure why the moved them but here are some pictures of their new location.

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

or like us and receive updates on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unoffi...43447969002418
mickeyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #1735
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhunter View Post
Looks like the Seven Dwarves have moved to across from TMAWP and have been replaced by Cinderella's coach at the skyway.

This is not a rain location, it looks like a permanent party move. Not sure why the moved them but here are some pictures of their new location.
Well, looking at the queue they have set up, maybe it is a less congested area than the line stretching down in front of Peter Pan?

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #1736
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

I just got back to our room from tonights MNSSHP first of all this was my first party and I loved every minute of it thanks to this thread I was prepared some sidebar notes.....
The Mickey popcorn holder (the ghost one was available I brought one $7.75 filled with popcorn
I got chocolate from trick or treating and don't think the candy was cheap yes bit o honey is outdated but I got crunch bar, snickers, and M&M to make me very happy bag runneth over
Loved the parade and fireworks
This is a must do for us again!

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:59 AM   #1737
tedness
Earning My Ears

A new tip for people seeking candy: Don't underestimate the exit. As of two parties ago we now have one last chocolate stop outside the turnstiles in addition to the Werther's caramel/mousse stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Has anyone confirmed if the strollers were free at the party? I really don't want to bring one but I don't want to hear the whining at 10:00pm either !
Alas, they are not free.
tedness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #1738
ambertides
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
I got it at the Emporium. I had to specifically ask for it, as it's not out with the other pins.
Thanks! That'll be my first stop that night!

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog

ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #1739
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertides View Post
Thanks! That'll be my first stop that night!
Go to the middle of the store and ask for it there

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #1740
motogp
Mouseketeer

Capt Hook and Malificent

When we were there a few weeks ago, Hook was to the left of POC as you were facing it, with Smee across from it. It was kind of a random line---took about 10 minutes at 7:30 pm. I have heard he is out all nite. As for Maleficient, have you tried letting her watch the Villain show on you Tube? My children absolutely LOVE it! They still ask to watch it. The "Villains" that speak do not say anything mean/scary---but they also do not smile! They can be intimidating, but if your DD has seen them a bit on the screen, it may help. FYI--we LOVED Cruella! She was hysterical! And, line up for Maleficent before the show starts---far left as you look at the stage! Hope you have a nice time!
motogp is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: