Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #1666
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
I would cancel, and just eat CS. I would not want to spend that much to go to the party, and then spend that time eating.
I think I will have to do that. I don't want to miss the start of the party. And yep, we paid for the tickets and it would be a waste.

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *WDW Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #1667
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
It is hard, but so much fun! Dh and ds13 aren't going (hunting that weekend), so it is just me and the girls. I plan to get up that morning, tell them we are going out to eat and to do "girl stuff." After we eat, we are heading to the airport!!!!! I was ready to kill dh tonight though. The girls were in the bedroom watching a movie, and dh walks up to me in the kitchen and YELLS "so when are you going to Disney World?" Luckily, they didn't hear anything.
I would have freaked. Glad they didn't hear..
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #1668
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
9/21 I got in line for dwarves at 630pm. Four in front of me at that point. By 645 it was at least three times longer. You could always stop by at 6. And check out the line and do stuff nearby so you can keep watching it.
So if I happen to get there and am the first person, where should I start the line? Do I wait by one of the two entrances, or the back wall?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #1669
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Quick question - I read that Disney does not allow guests to wear costumes in the park except on the Party nights, so will they let you in the park in a costume if you arrive before the party starts i.e. before 7pm?
Thanks,
Matthew
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #1670
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirah95 View Post
Did anyone see Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen at the party anywhere?

they came out at 12:30- we were second in line with a 5 minute wait.
Heading into Adventureland-- ariel is there meeting with her Prince but around.
If you see Ariel-- you walked to far-- go back and turn left and Tiana and Naveen will be right there (unless it rains then they move elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Quick question - I read that Disney does not allow guests to wear costumes in the park except on the Party nights, so will they let you in the park in a costume if you arrive before the party starts i.e. before 7pm?
Thanks,Matthew
lots of people showing up with us at 4pm on the night of Sept 21. MANY people without though too.

Last edited by serene56; 10-05-2010 at 03:47 PM.
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #1671
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwood82 View Post
Ok so I am in love with the popcorn buckets from Disney and I especially love the one this year. We use them at our house to put our change in to start saving for the next Disney trip. My question is does anyone know if I can call disney and order one of the halloween ones and get it shipped to my house. We are unable to go to the party this year because I had surgery on my brain stem 4 weeks ago. My son is 14 months and LOVES mickey and we are taking him to the party next year so I wanted one of the halloween buckets so he could start saving his money that his mamaw and papaw are giving him for his trip nesxt year. Right now we are just putting it in his regular piggy bank. I would greatly appreciate any info.
Send me a message with your address and I will pick up one for you when we go to the party.

I hope you are okay. I am looking at having my pituitary gland out because of a tumor, but will not have surgery until after our trip. I will be taking pain killers while there, but plan on having a fantastic trip.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #1672
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville_minnie View Post
I wanted to thank you for posting the popcorn bucket pic - it is so cute & i can't wait to get one. although DH just said how am i going to bring it home & what am i going to do with it then?
Put it in your suitcase and fill it with clothing to protect it! It will be safe. That's how I plan on bringing mine home and I have a lot of experience with that.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #1673
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Got a ?

When you go get your wristbands for the party, do you just give them-in my case the cards? You don't have to give them the paper they came with or do you?
hereyago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #1674
eporter66
DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
1. That was our plan. We were delayed an hour due to rain, I was so worried they'd call it with the lightening (9/28). We got everything done that we planned to.
2. Neither did we. I think we hit up 3-4 spots and still had enough candy for both kids.
3. Do you have the list??? If not, I can help.
4. We did parade #2, showed up 20 minutes before and sat right in front of the castle, front row.
5. You shouldn't have trouble here either.
My wife booked it today, we will be going on the 19th, I am really excited about this. Now I have to figure out what I want to wear as a costume (something light in case it is hot).

I would love to get the list if you can help me with that, thank you so much for offering!!!
9/97-CBR 10/99 - Offsite 10/03 - WL 11/03 - DVC Member SSR 05/04 - SSR 01/06 - SSR 10/06 - BWV 01/07 - SSR 02/08 - OKW 10/08 OKW 03/09 - All Star Movie (Disney Half Marathon)10/09-AKV 10/10 - AKV 10/11 - AKV 10/12 SSR 10/13 - SSR10/14 - SSR
eporter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #1675
eporter66
DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR

One more question for everyone.

Do you still plan a regular day at MK? (I know this is everyone's personal opinion). My thinking was if we get there at 4:00, I was hoping we could get the rides in while making sure to catch the parade, headless horseman, a character pic or two, and like I said, a few stops to trick or treat but not much.

If we dont get to hit the rides we want, I am sure we will head back for another full day at MK, but I am being a little selfish with this one I would actually like to do 2 days in EPCOT for the F&W Fest (and see two different bands). I just love the F&W fest, it is my absolute favorite event at WDW. I was hoping I could convince the family we should do 2 days there, but we will see.

Thanks everyone - we are really looking forward to MNSSHP, all the tips will certainly come in handy
9/97-CBR 10/99 - Offsite 10/03 - WL 11/03 - DVC Member SSR 05/04 - SSR 01/06 - SSR 10/06 - BWV 01/07 - SSR 02/08 - OKW 10/08 OKW 03/09 - All Star Movie (Disney Half Marathon)10/09-AKV 10/10 - AKV 10/11 - AKV 10/12 SSR 10/13 - SSR10/14 - SSR
eporter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #1676
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Thanks,
Matthew
You can get in at 4 in costume but your costume may be to warm for that long in the humidity. Mine was getting destroyed so I took it off and got back into shorts and t-shirt til I was lining up for the dwarves at 6.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Got a ?

When you go get your wristbands for the party, do you just give them-in my case the cards? You don't have to give them the paper they came with or do you?
I don't know about when you're in the park already but if you're going at 4 they have a seperate entrance for people going to the party and when you go through the gates into the park they give you the wristband there and you don't have to show them anything

Also people that are planning on heading early and want to meet princesses and fairies party days might be a good day to do this if you don't particularly want the princes as well. I went to do the princesses while waiting for the party to start at about 5 and there was a ten minute wait for them and 45 minute for the fairies. The second day I was in magic kingdom on a non party day the wait for princesses was 45 minutes and fairies was 75 minutes.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #1677
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolwoodpr View Post
Can someone tell me exactly where the Fantasyland Skyway is located? I am thinking it is the 'closed in' rectangle to the left of IASW on the way into Liberty Square. Is that the right spot? I need to know exactly where to line up for those Dwarfs!
It's between peter pan and small world rides and the night I was there they had a sign that said seven dwarves meet here!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #1678
jlhay
Mouseketeer

For dwarfs you'll also see the backdrop which includes wagons or wheelbarrows of jewels.

Re Mickey ghost popcorn bucket. It's easy to pack. Ears come off. That's where opening is. And it's two pieces snapped together lengthwise down sides of Mickey so you can unhook them and it lays pretty flat. Mine actually started opening along bottom while it was full of popcorn. Quite a mess in front of Caseys. : )
jlhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #1679
jenscourt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Got a ?

You just need to use the cards at the gate to get in. You will not need the paper they came with. Have fun!!
jenscourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #1680
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bets19 View Post
I agree! I love the bucket but since I am going Nov. 1, I worry about items selling out. I've heard both if an items sells out prior to the last few parties that's it and also all parties have the items... maybe someone knows a more definate answer????

Again THANK YOU ALL for all your party posts, tips and pictures. I cannot wait to go...rain or shine!!!!!
Not sure if this got posted already or not... but they are sold out already! I tried to get one at all four parks and was shut out. An employee said they MIGHT get mroe in Oct 17th but that was a big maybe.

I was so totally bummed as it was the one thing on my wishlist!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: