Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #1636
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrea View Post
HEY nenner1!

Where did you get this great artwork for your pictures??!!! LOVE IT!!
Thank you so much!! They are digital scrapbooking elements. The anchor, rope and bow are part of a kit called "Where Dreams Set Sail" by Kellybell Designs who is actually also here on the Dis (Kellybell). The frames, gosh...I don't know offhand but I think they are from somewhere on this site It is two frames put back to back. The second site is all freebies!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #1637
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

I wanted to share with you our photo of us at the MNSSHP--meeting cruella for the first time

please click on the photo to enlarge it- Im learning how to insert pics.
Great Costumes and Pictures.. Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for sharing..
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #1638
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinMaryland View Post
What kind of music should we expect at the dance parties? Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers or is it more along the lines of Slayer, Metallica and maybe some Ozzy. Just kidding but this is a real question. Is it all Disney songs??
It's not all Disney songs. Last year they were playing Beyonce's "Single Ladies" at the Tomorrowland dance party; and Space Goofy knew the dance. It was hilarious.

We also have a video from the now defunct Fantasyland dance party and they were playing the Smash Mouth version of "I'm A Believer."

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #1639
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Oh btw Premium outlet stores in Florida have a disney shop that sell the same halloween buckets and xmas buckets the popcorn comes in at the parks except the buckets are only one dollar at the outlet store!
Is it the standard popcorn bucket or the one shaped like Mickey?

Also, is that the one on International Drive, or the one on Vineland Avenue?

When I went to the Premium outlet website, both were listed for Orlando. I've searched through some other posts and saw people referring to the "Prime" and the "Premium" outlets. If you go to the general Prime website, the one on International Drive is listed there.

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 AM   #1640
MLOVE
Earning My Ears

help with a plan

our family is going to disney for the 1st time and have decided to go to the halloween party. i know that doing everything is out of the question but im worried we would not get much. Our must dos are
7 dwarfs
mickey and minnie
daisy and donald
pooh characters
fireworks
parade
villian show
and we would like to do some trick or treating
im thinking we would ride before the party. IS it possible to get all this one night? is it best to do characters early and trick later or do the trick or treating early and do characters later in the evening?
MLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 AM   #1641
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Doable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLOVE View Post
our family is going to disney for the 1st time and have decided to go to the halloween party. i know that doing everything is out of the question but im worried we would not get much. Our must dos are
7 dwarfs
mickey and minnie
daisy and donald
pooh characters
fireworks
parade
villian show
im thinking we would ride before the party. IS it possible to get all this one night? is it best to do characters early and trick later or do the trick or treating early and do characters later in the evening?
This is actually a very doable plan. We went on 09/21 and 09/23 and easily got in more than that. However, I do not know the date that you are going so that could impact things a bit. The closer to Halloween, the busy it gets. Anyway, here are my tips from the two parties we attended.

7 dwarfs: Line up ASAP. Before 6:30 if you can. See my pic in an earlier post. The Dwarfs line was 100's deep at 6:50pm and doesn't let up much as the night goes on.

mickey and minnie: Go meet them after the 7 Dwarfs. We hit them around 8pm on 09/21 and they had no line.

daisy and donald: Will have a line early because they meet outside**. They are on the way to Mickey/ Minnie so check the line on your way.

pooh characters: Front of the park right when you enter MK. Usually busy because most of the guests hover around main street and in front of the castle due to FW's, parade etc.

fireworks: 10 min show at 9:30pm

parade: 20mins or so from start to finish.

villian show: 10 min show. If you are staying for the mix and mingle, ask the handlers where to line up for your must see villains and get there before the start of the show.

Trick or treating: Do as you go! The lines look long, but move quickly.

**The charatcters that are outside have longer waits than the characters that meet inside earlier in the night. The Majority of the guest trick or treat from 7pm-9pm and will stop for characters that are visible on the way.

Your plan it very doable and you should easily get everything done with plenty of extra time to get in more.

Your plan also allows for Trick or treating on the way as well because there are a lot of candu spots on the way or right near the charaters you want to see.

Have fun!!!
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #1642
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLOVE View Post
7 dwarfs
mickey and minnie
daisy and donald
pooh characters
fireworks
parade
villian show
Definitely possible. 4 must do meet and greets plus 3 things that are all in the same place.

May I recommend checking here (https://sites.google.com/site/wdwcha...nts/mnsshp2010)
for a very accurate list of who is where. (Best that you line up to see the Dwarves about 6:30. If it rains, look for them at the Liberty Belle dock)
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #1643
Mickey Fliers
(Not so)Tagless
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes, it rains"
Don't hate me for the love of the boy band

Location: Until the Navy says otherwise: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but...

We went to the party on 9/30 and were in Adventureland at 6:45. They opened up the Trick or Treats stations about 10 minutes before 7:00.

Just an FYI.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #1644
MPwifey
Mouseketeer

We had sooo much fun at the party!!!!
We went last night and I got more candy than I thought as well. We got in around 4:50 because of a late nap and a teething toddler. Before 7 we went on the Carousel, Dumbo, saw Cinderella's Carriage ( the kids didn't want pictures, saw Philharmagic, went through 2 trick or treat stations, and ate at Village haus. After 7- rode Pirates, took pictures with pumpkins ( we had a 4 year old who was TERRIFIED of most of the characters) Went by Pooh's ride but didn't ride it, went into Autotopia line halfway and didn't ride it. Took more pictures with pumpkins. Went through some Trick or treat lines, saw the first parade, did Stitch dance party then DD and I went to wait on the Tommorrowland bridge for fireworks.

The fireworks are amazing!!!!1 I was sad that they didn't do Holiday Haunted Mansion, but all the NBC songs, Oogie Boogie on the castle almost makes up for it. We took pictures with the Princess' went shopping and got ready to leave. We had fun even with a teething toddler, a scaredy cat 4 year old, and a hyper 3 year old witch ( with NO candy!!! I have no idea why she was so hyper but at least she made it until midnight!!)

For us it was completely worth it, and I am hoping to make next year MNSSHP # 3 for DD and I. Hopefully my DH can be there next year, since a CM asked me where my Jack was ( I was Sally) I said Iraq along with Mr. Candyland. My SIL had on a Candyland dress, the CM laughed and said that would be a very long flight for him and gave the kids little gems. It was a nice touch and my DD loves her blue "diamond"
Old 10-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #1645
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpatrick1 View Post
IF the 7 dwarfs are at the Fantasyland Skyway, then where is Cindy's carriage? Isn't that where the carriage has been the past few years? I'm totally confused, but gotta have this all planned out before I arrive Thanks for everyone who has been and so willing to help those of us who are going.
Can someone tell me exactly where the Fantasyland Skyway is located? I am thinking it is the 'closed in' rectangle to the left of IASW on the way into Liberty Square. Is that the right spot? I need to know exactly where to line up for those Dwarfs!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #1646
Kimberly Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolwoodpr View Post
Can someone tell me exactly where the Fantasyland Skyway is located? I am thinking it is the 'closed in' rectangle to the left of IASW on the way into Liberty Square. Is that the right spot? I need to know exactly where to line up for those Dwarfs!
You're right!
Kimberly Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #1647
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
It seems like it's been forever since I've been on here. I got dreadfully sick on my way home from a wonderful trip, got a little better than a lot worse and ended up in the hospital. Not a fun few weeks for me! Anyway I just wanted to let anyone who requested a map know that the last batch have finally been sent out. Anyone who sent me an address should have it within a few days. Sorry it took so long but I was just too sick t do it until now. Today is the first day I've even been online since I was at Disneyworld! I do still have a few left so if there is anyone else who would like one just let me know and I'll make sure I do a better job of getting them out!

Terri
THANK YOU! I got my map today. So excited-we leave 2 wks from Sat, and I still haven't told my girls!!!!!
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #1648
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
THANK YOU! I got my map today. So excited-we leave 2 wks from Sat, and I still haven't told my girls!!!!!
Isn't it hard as can be keeping it from the kids? I leave Thursday and can't hold it in much longer... I am at this point more excited to tell the kids than to actually go. I NEVER keep a secret this is a first..
Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #1649
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
We were at the party 9/28... in the rain! It actually turned out ok though because the rain kept a lot of people away and it stopped raining by 7:30 so we had the run of the park! We literally stepped out of Casey's at 9:27 and got a great viewing spot for HalloWishes! I will say that I expected we would get more candy, but it's ok, I doubt we will eat it all anyways. We didn't do all of the lines, and we didn't do any more than once, so maybe that's why? Despite the rain we had a fabulous time!
we were there on the 28th as well....we had a great time, much better when the rain stopped! the most difficult part for us was finding the characters, as they were moved indoors due to the early rain...we were in line at 6:30 for the drarfs (3rd in line) after about 15 minutes I noticed men carrying bucket of jewels (props for the dwarfs) into a building so my husband walked over and asked if they were being moved...the CM didn't speak English and said "no, no dwarfs today" we waited a bit longer when a CM finally came over and told us where to find them at the landing for the Liberty Belle, so we all ran over there and were still in the same order in line...the CM came back and told us all outdoor characters would be in new places indoors due to the rain and just ask any CM near the original spot and they would let us know where to go(that never worked...every time we asked where someone was they had to send us somewhere else to ask...but we found most...the one villians show we were going to watch was cancelled (stage too wet) we never did find the Tremaine sisters...we walked by the line for the dwarfs a couple times during the night and it was never longer than 15 people or so(very suprised by this) we went through the candy trail at the end of the night and they were giving handfuls...saw Mickey & Minnie about 11pm with a less than 5 minute wait...this was our first MNSSHP and we both loved it and agree we will do it again, but next time in October..with record high temps (again...we had them on our May trip) we won't be going in Sept again...we live in Florida and have to deal with the heat as it is... today was the first day in 6 months I haven't run the A/C...high today at home was 75 and low 47!
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #1650
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
Isn't it hard as can be keeping it from the kids? I leave Thursday and can't hold it in much longer... I am at this point more excited to tell the kids than to actually go. I NEVER keep a secret this is a first..
It is hard, but so much fun! Dh and ds13 aren't going (hunting that weekend), so it is just me and the girls. I plan to get up that morning, tell them we are going out to eat and to do "girl stuff." After we eat, we are heading to the airport!!!!! I was ready to kill dh tonight though. The girls were in the bedroom watching a movie, and dh walks up to me in the kitchen and YELLS "so when are you going to Disney World?" Luckily, they didn't hear anything.
december is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: