Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Disney Snob VI: A Polynesian Summer (last updates! p.47)

ALOOOOOOO – HA!

Go on, say it with me – you know you want to! ALOOOOOHA!

Unfortunately, I’m not welcoming you to the lobby of the Polynesian, and I only I have a virtual lei to offer.

Buuuut, I do get to welcome you to a trip report -- my sixth TR here on the DIS in fact! Whether you're stumbling across my “snobby” TRs for the first time or you're an old friend and bonafide DISNEY SNOB like myself, you are most welcome.

Why is this a Polynesian summer? Well….when you’re getting ready for a summer Disney trip, it’s not just that week or so while you’re at the World that’s all pixie-dusted and Disney – it’s the whole summer.

It’s the build-up. It’s the ANTICIPATION. It’s the searching for a Disney outfit in every store you step in. It’s the listening to a Disney World music non-stop online. It’s the digging up old Disney movies and catching up on your scrapbooking. It’s the researching on the DIS to make sure you know what new things to hit up. It’s the way you can say in an excited voice to Mom/brother that “We’re going to DISNEY WORLD soon!” and just start happy dancing!!

And for this Snobbish family, it’s more of a joyous return than ever – we’ve been away from Disney World for 19 months. We had an amazing trip in early January of 2009. Then for the 09-10 school year I was doing the "junior year abroad" thing, studying at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland and having a grand time. But I missed home. And I missed Disney.

Maybe it’s because it’s been such a long time, because I couldn’t even think too much about WDW while I was away, but I still almost can’t believe we’re heading back – in less than three weeks now. Less than three weeks!! That’s crazy! Crazy WONDERFUL!

We’ll be at the World for nearly two weeks at the end of July, beginning of August. Braving that summer heat, but it’ll be worth it! Incurable resort hops that we are, we'll be staying Pop, Yacht, AKL, and finally -- POLYNESIAN!! This is what I'm dreaming of...

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....lovely.

We've got the what, the where, the when. And who exactly do we have on this trip? Well, let’s see…

Emma: That’s me! Twenty-one, Disney Snob, and college senior!! I love to write and I love to read (Brit Lit in particular – I quote Jane Austen in my sleep. ). I love all things Disney (WDW, princesses, and the Polynesian being at the top of the list!), I love chocolate, and I love American Girl dolls. Hey - I've got four brothers and AG dolls make for adorable Disney pics, esp. when you don't want to post pictures of yourself on the internet (which is the case with me!).

Betsy: The Mama Snob. I always puzzle over her introduction because it is impossible to reduce my mother into a short paragraph. Basically she is fabulous, she is a terrible tease, she is hilariously funny, she could engage a rock in animated conversation, she loves Disney just as much as I do, and she is the mastermind who plans and schemes and saves for us all to go!

Joe: Dad. He is not, sadly, a Disney fanatic. He's the ying to my Mom's yang - so she's the one who, on a walk in the woods, is encouraging us to try out the rope swing over the creek (one that’s safe of course!) while Dad is putting up barricades to warn swingers away and steering us all in the opposite direction. LOL. Still, he has his own sense of humor, and he’s a good sport to let us indulge our Disney mania.

Aramis: My oldest brother, 23 years old. He's just graduated college this spring – working as a server near home for now, but hoping to move to Florida once he’s saved up a little. He did the Disney CP a few years ago and is still a temporary CM, going to work his hours during the trip. It's because of his fabulous discounts that we're able to take this fabulous trip.

Porthos: Eighteen and the coolest Star Trek geek on the planet. He's going to be a freshman in college this fall - in fact, a freshman at the same awesome university I go to. He is moderately into Disney, and when he’s not being obstinately silent he can be a good time. Oh brothers! When he's not pondering physics or reading things like "The Rise of the British Empire" (for. fun.), he's learning Klingon. Kaplah!

Athos: Crazy as ever, Athos is fourteen and a budding high school freshman. I have no doubt he's going to find plenty of friends and plenty of adventures. Athos and I are the Stitch and Lilo, the Ryan and Sharpay. He can sometimes turn a bit like his favorite dinosaurs when he doesn’t get his own way, but he’s usually a good sport about being dragged along to watch a show/meet a character and at least he’s super excited for Disney!

Dart: CUTE as ever, and thank goodness because he's already SEVEN! Doesn't he know he's the baby of the family and has to stay little and adorable FOR. EVER? He's just finished kindergarden, so he's still got hugs and smiles and no dreams of world domination like his older brothers (what is it with boys and that kind of thing?). Loves legos, trains, and macaroni & cheese. He’s excited to take on the triple mountain whammy for the first time (he’s never ridden any of them before!).

That's our crazy cast and we cannot wait to get down to Disney World! I hope you'll all join in for our Polynesian summer and post an "aloha"! (lurkers, I'm looking at you!) I've got plenty of pre-trip planning and shopping to share - coming up next, how many sandals is too many?

Your INDEX to all the SNOBBY Fun...

PreTrippin':
The Snobby Sandal: p.3
ADRs with Disney Barbie: p.4
Peach Creamsicle and Safari Fashionista!: p.5

Travellin':
On the Road Again!: p.8
Florida Bound!: p.9

Poppin':
Florida Sunrise: p.10
Pop til You Drop!: p.11 DOUBLE UPDATE
More Pop Explorin': p.12
The Mickey Mousse Domes that Almost Weren't: p.13
A Day of Disney Food: Breakfast at Pop: p.14
A Day of Disney Food: Lunchtime at WL: p.15
A Day of Disney Food: BOMA!: p.16

Yachtin':
Fighting Heat, Crowds, and Nerves: A DHS Morning!: p.17
Hanging in Hollywood: p.18
Lunch 50's Style and How to Join a Brazilian Tour Group: p.19
At the Yacht Club: p.20
Inspiration over Perspiration: Beating the Heat at Epcot: p.20 DOUBLE UPDATE
Soarin', Lunch with Remy, and the Disney Bird Police: p.21
Last Yachtsman Morning: p.22 DOUBLE UPDATE

Animal Kingdom Lodgin':
Furaha for the AKL!: p.22
Sanaa: p.22
Living like an African Princess: More Kidani: p.23
Animal Kingdom Lodging: p.24 DOUBLE UPDATE
The CIIIIRCLE of LIIIFE!: p.25
Memories in Dinoland: p.26
Braving Heat and Killer Bugs at the AK!: p.26 DOUBLE UPDATE
More Animal Kingdom-ing: p.27
AKL Pics + Cocoa the Wild Dog: p.27
Au Revoir AKL: p.28

Polynesianin'
Aloha at Last!: p.28
Disney Merch and Poly Secrets: p.29
Auinala, otherwise known as Snackage: p.29
How Do I Love Thee Polynesian, Let Me Count the Ways...: p.30
Just a Grand Afternoon!: p.31
Dinner and Desserts: p. 32
Lighting up the Night: p.32

Sunrise, Killer Ducks, and DTD: p.33
Legos, Lunch, and STALKER Ducks!!: p. 34
Monorail Hopping Around the Seven Seas: p.34
Gleeful, Giddy, and Goofy at the MK: p.35

At the Poly and the Copa...I mean KONA Cabana!: p.36 DOUBLE UPDATE
Riding on the TRON-er-ail!: p.37
Epcot Afternoon: p.38
Epcot Evening: p.38

Running of the Disney Fans: Early Opening at MK: p.39
Jungles, Pirates, and a Colonial Lunch: p.40
Dart's First Double-Mountain Whammie!: p.41
A Lovely Evening around the Seven Seas Lagoon: p.41

Last edited by AGPrincess; 06-02-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

You got me, Emma. Alooooooooooooha!
I've read and lurked on your previous reports. My excuse for not posting? I read them when they were already either way over or pretty much done.
But since you've specifically targeted the lurker here I am posting.

And those Poly pics almost hurt to look at because they are so beautiful. Can't wait to read the rest!

Last edited by Joyciemc; 07-08-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: I forgot the 'Aloha'!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I just love your PTR/TR's!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Yay Another Snobbish report

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

yayyy another snobbish report!

This sounds like the beginning of a great trip report!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Yay Another Snobbish report
Aloha. We will be at the Poly in December after a short stay at the AKL.

So who is the 3 musketeers fan, Mom or Dad? I assume Dart is short for d'Artagnan.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! Excited to follow along
Old 07-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

WooHoo!!!!! I am looking forward to your ptr. The Polynesian is my dream resort.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I am on board! I must say I am slightly jealous...what great resorts and for 2 weeks!! You definitely summed up the anticipation to a "T"!! Great start...your reports are always such fun!!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #10
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm in!! I'll be looking out for you at WDW! We will only be there a few days at the very end of July, but who knows? Maybe you'll be at YC when we're at BC??
Looking forward to reading along!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

More, please!

What about your ADRs?? You write up your restaurant plans while I go get a cup of coffee. Meet you back here very soon, okay?? Nothing makes more relaxing coffee-reading than a Snobbish report -- so excited to see there is a new one!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #12
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Alooooooha! Loving the Snobbish reports! I can't believe you're going to be a senior in college! I started reading your TRs when you were still in high school. (I feel old now).
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #13
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Yay! Another report to follow along with. Excited to join in!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
ThePin Princess
disney princess

subbing
Old 07-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #15
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. And I LOVE the hammock pics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: