Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #1381
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Money saving tip

Here's alittle money saving tip, not sure if all areas are doing this, but check your local supermarket sales flyer, all the supermarkets here are offering $10 off next purchase if you buy $100 of Gift Cards Dozens to choose from including Disney.

Good to know since GC's are the big Christmas gift now, plus if you have a stash set aside for WDW, get some Disney GC's and take advantage of the free food

Even if you got $100 worth, remember $10 bucks is $10 bucks, this is free money for money you would spend on gifts or at Disney anyway
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #1382
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I've completed the list of restaurants we want to eat at on the next trip, since we are staying off site, it's going to be all OOP, but I figured we would try a few places that we would not be able to do on the DP

- Teppen Edo
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- House Of Blues
- Schula's
- T-Rex Cafe
- Shark's Underwater Grille (Seaworld)

1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 12-05-2011 at 09:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2011, 04:46 AM   #1383
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Hello all

We are back from Disney. It was a good trip, but the original plan had to be scrapped. Moving 9 people from point A to point B is like parallel parking a RV towing a tractor.........slow!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #1384
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I've completed the list of restaurants we want to eat at on the next trip, since we are staying off site, it's going to be all OOP, but I figured we would try a few places that we would not be able to do on the DP

- Teppen Edo
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- House Of Blues
- Schula's
- T-Rex Cafe
- Shark's Underwater Grille (Seaworld)

Please let us know what you think of Schula's. I think it's a place that DH might like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can plan a long weekend or something for October 2012 and we wouldn't purchase the dining plan.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #1385
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Please let us know what you think of Schula's. I think it's a place that DH might like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can plan a long weekend or something for October 2012 and we wouldn't purchase the dining plan.
If I remember right, your husband and I are on the same page when it comes to the menu

I already know what I'm going to order The 32oz Prime Rib

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #1386
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Since my PC works when it feels like, I've been bored, so I've been coming up with some strategies on how we are going to tour the parks

Now the challenge is we are staying off site, so no EMH's, plus we will only have 5 park days (instead of 6)

Basicly I don't want to go to a park in the A.M. if they have a EMH that day

So every morning it will be parks with regular time rope drops

Also since the Test Track will be closed for major refurb, there is no reason to do a rope drop at Epcot

Now as far as PM EMH's we will go to Epcot and MK on the nights they have them, since they run late, and if nothing else we can shop and walk the World Showcase

Of course there is the Catch 22 - 5mins before a EMH starts you know I'll be on the longest ride line in the park

Now I'm not sure on this, Let's say you park at HS and they close at 9pm, but at night you go to MK (say it has a EMH till 1am), you leave MK at say 11:30pm, are buses still running that will bring you back to HS
If they are I'm thinking I can beat the traffic out off the parks

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #1387
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hello all

We are back from Disney. It was a good trip, but the original plan had to be scrapped. Moving 9 people from point A to point B is like parallel parking a RV towing a tractor.........slow!
Thats a big group to move around How did you make out on the trading card venture

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #1388
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Quote:
Since my PC works when it feels like, I've been bored, so I've been coming up with some strategies on how we are going to tour the parks

Now the challenge is we are staying off site, so no EMH's, plus we will only have 5 park days (instead of 6)

Basicly I don't want to go to a park in the A.M. if they have a EMH that day

So every morning it will be parks with regular time rope drops

Also since the Test Track will be closed for major refurb, there is no reason to do a rope drop at Epcot

Now as far as PM EMH's we will go to Epcot and MK on the nights they have them, since they run late, and if nothing else we can shop and walk the World Showcase

Of course there is the Catch 22 - 5mins before a EMH starts you know I'll be on the longest ride line in the park

Now I'm not sure on this, Let's say you park at HS and they close at 9pm, but at night you go to MK (say it has a EMH till 1am), you leave MK at say 11:30pm, are buses still running that will bring you back to HS
If they are I'm thinking I can beat the traffic out off the parks
I'm gonna go with NO you will not be able to catch a bus to HS if you leave MK at 11:30pm. The buses from a resort to a park only run up until that park closes. You probably would need to park at the TTC so that you can get back to your car that night after leaving MK.
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #1389
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Thats a big group to move around How did you make out on the trading card venture
We got some bus cards, but my nephew was not too excited by the thought of collecting these.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #1390
blondietink
DIS Veteran

We got 2 different cards on our trip last week from the ferry to MK. Asked on the boats you take from Epcot to the resorts and HS and was told that even though they have the transportation logo on the boats, they are not considered "transportation" and therefore do not have cards. HUH?

Our commando plan kind of fell apart mid-way through our trip as DH got sick and we had to go back to our resort early twice. We really didn't have any rain, but it was cold on the evening we watched the CP. All in all a great trip, but with the cruise before WDW and walking so much at WDW, we are exhausted!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #1391
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Sorry to hear that you DH got sick on a trip. Even the best laid plans get put sideways when someone get's sick on a trip. Sounds like you had a great time anyways. I apologize that I've not been on here more, but I've got a hard drive that's headed to the great and mighty computer heaven in the sky at a rapid rate. And has to be replaced by the end of the month. Found a desktop hard drive I'm interested in, but am waiting to see if we can get a better deal on it just before Christmas. Till then I'm nursing it along, and can't be on the net for very long without it over heating, and potentially frying the hard drive. Have a greyt day!

Trish
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #1392
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianha View Post
I'm gonna go with NO you will not be able to catch a bus to HS if you leave MK at 11:30pm. The buses from a resort to a park only run up until that park closes. You probably would need to park at the TTC so that you can get back to your car that night after leaving MK.
I think what we need to totally confirm this one is a parking ticket stub, it should have the rules of the lot on the back Although it probabably does say you you have to park in the main lot if you will be arriving late

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
We got some bus cards, but my nephew was not too excited by the thought of collecting these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
We got 2 different cards on our trip last week from the ferry to MK. Asked on the boats you take from Epcot to the resorts and HS and was told that even though they have the transportation logo on the boats, they are not considered "transportation" and therefore do not have cards. HUH?

Our commando plan kind of fell apart mid-way through our trip as DH got sick and we had to go back to our resort early twice. We really didn't have any rain, but it was cold on the evening we watched the CP. All in all a great trip, but with the cruise before WDW and walking so much at WDW, we are exhausted!
One thing you both accomplished is that you have confirmed is that the transportation cards are still available

Sorry to hear your husband got sick
My wife had a moment during our last trip that she got sick, had the nachos in Mexico (was set to have gallblatter taken out 2 weeks after we got back, but didn't think there would be a problem) after a couple hours in the our room and her getting sick, she felt better and we made it to dinner and the rest of the night If anyone is going to get sick I always hope it would be me, I try to get through with what we have planned, even though my wife might say maybe we should go back to the room, but if anyone else in the family is sick, all plans are off, I will not make my wife or son go out sick. So this would be a reason to come back sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
Sorry to hear that you DH got sick on a trip. Even the best laid plans get put sideways when someone get's sick on a trip. Sounds like you had a great time anyways. I apologize that I've not been on here more, but I've got a hard drive that's headed to the great and mighty computer heaven in the sky at a rapid rate. And has to be replaced by the end of the month. Found a desktop hard drive I'm interested in, but am waiting to see if we can get a better deal on it just before Christmas. Till then I'm nursing it along, and can't be on the net for very long without it over heating, and potentially frying the hard drive. Have a greyt day!

Trish
I'm with you on this, seems like my PC only kindof works on Tues &
Weds

Thank God I'll have a new one next Mon, this is driving me crazy

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #1393
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Just incase I can't get on the PC again (can't wait till Mon)

I just want to take a moment to wish all the Commandos no matter what you celebate a great Holiday

Whatever you celebrate the one thing we all have in common is that you celebrate it with family

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #1394
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I've decided upon much research, that we are going to get me a Sony Vaio E series laptop in the mid range of the series. DH is going to see if he can hunt down a good deal on it before Christmas. Till then I can only go on the computer for under 30 mins at a time before I start to smell the glorious smell of an over heating computer. That and it always threatens to crash on me but it happens so often that I've learned to ignore it's threats. I'm not a big fan of laptops, but the one that I'm interested in seems to work for me. We have a friend of ours that's willing to spend the time to set it up for us once we have the new computer. So I feel your pain in regards to computer trouble. Hope that everyone is ready for Christmas, and that everyone has a great one!

Trish
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #1395
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

[QUOTE=Disney Commando;43510098 I think what we need to totally confirm this one is a parking ticket stub, it should have the rules of the lot on the back Although it probabably does say you you have to park in the main lot if you will be arriving late]

It's been years since I saved a parking ticket stub! Now I'm tempted to pull out my Disney World box of saved ticket stubs, maps, receipts, etc and see if I can find an old one to look at. Of course they've probably changed since I last would have kept one. Hmmmmm......I'll research this some more and let you know what I find!
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

Last edited by zianha; 12-21-2011 at 03:25 PM.
zianha is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: